FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
disma

DPS at level 70?

I just tanked Steamvault with an Unholy DK who was literally 1-shotting the trash and 3-shotting bosses. He didn't even have heirlooms, can anyone explain to me what was going on? Other than him I have noticed other DPS have jumped up in numbers by huge amounts after 70 but I just can't see any reason based on gear or talents this Unholy DK was unshotting everything. He literally just ran around cleaving everything, including the bosses, without the tank and healer.

His name was Demonherr on Tichondrius

DPS is in no way balanced at any level below max (currently 110).  Different classes and specs gain key abilities and passive sat different points while leveling.  What also helps is Heirloom gear, which scales with player level, has more stats than you would typically find on said levels appropriate gear, and gives a bonus to exp gained.  A full set is a rather large gain over not having any Heirloom gear.

Also moved this to the WoW general discussion from HS general discussion.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:15 PM, disma said:

I just tanked Steamvault with an Unholy DK who was literally 1-shotting the trash and 3-shotting bosses. He didn't even have heirlooms, can anyone explain to me what was going on? Other than him I have noticed other DPS have jumped up in numbers by huge amounts after 70 but I just can't see any reason based on gear or talents this Unholy DK was unshotting everything. He literally just ran around cleaving everything, including the bosses, without the tank and healer.

His name was Demonherr on Tichondrius

What you're seeing is what happens when a lvl 71-74'ish player queues for that lower level dungeon. Being higher in level than the designed content like that results in incredibly skewed damage being done. This is most noticeable in the BC dungeons with wrath eligible players, but also noticeable to a lesser extent with the other expansions.