FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nemo296

Fire mage PvE guide

I have read the PvE guide to fire mage as I've been doing frost and I'm now at 42% crit self buffed. I figured it was time to change because my frost dps wasn't going up.

In the class guide, it says a soft haste cap of ~17% is recommended, but when I use Mr. Robot, it doesn't have a soft haste cap. So I did what any perfectionist in wow does, I simulated it. My AMR 25% haste with 42% crit beat what the 17% and mastery had me at.

I honestly have no idea why I posted this, I was just curious if the 17% haste gets better the more mastery you have.

AMR does have haste breakpoint option, just look for it a bit.

I'm not sure what you want to say in connection with mastery and such.

Crit will be always your main secondary stat, then haste until 5036 for extra combustion tick, then reforge haste into crit, or if you can't, then into mastery. ^^

AMR does have haste breakpoint option, just look for it a bit.

I'm not sure what you want to say in connection with mastery and such.

Crit will be always your main secondary stat, then haste until 5036 for extra combustion tick, then reforge haste into crit, or if you can't, then into mastery. ^^

Thanks for the feedback.

I did change the haste cap in AMR, but the simulated DPS with Helterskelter is ~3k less then going above the soft haste cap. Of course, simulated DPS will never be your actual with RNG. AMR is just telling me Haste > Mastery even past 17% and simulation is telling me the same.

Edited by Nemo296

AMR is using generalized stat weights to fit a large majority of users needs, it is not simulating any sort of rotations. Simcraft is, but there are many, many variables and it is still only as good as the information that it's fed. Most of the high end mages are finding that Crit > Haste 5036 > Mastery has resulted in the highest dps for them. I know that Vykina over at Method is sold on this stat priority currently. Just recapping what others have found. Hope it helps Posted Image