FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Necropotence

Frost DK - DPS Help Needed

I'm looking for some feedback/guidance as my parses have been slipping pretty hard in percentile as I've acquired more gear. The logs linked below are a full run...and a bit of a wonky one...but I was specifically hoping to get feedback on the M. Ursoc kill and the H. Guarm kill.  On both these fights I thought I was doing rather well during the encounter, but looking at similar geared individuals it appears there is a lot of room for improvement.

One thing I have noticed is my Frozen Pulse uptime seems very poor - this was my first raid after getting the Legendary Belt, and I was at a bit of a loss on whether it was okay to cap RP to keep runes down, or if I needed to avoid capping RP at the cost of losing FP uptime. Outside of this I'm at a bit of a loss (on these two fights) on what I could have done better.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Damordred/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2paPA7KnqGrjLz4V#fight=21

Looking at your ursoc log Glacial advance isn't very good, it's used sometimes but I'm almost 100% sure it's not better for ursoc, even if you have the bracers. On top of that you're using oldwar, which is only good if you're using obliteration other wise you can't do enough GCDs to make it worthwhile, because Potiong of the Old war's damage is strictly based on how many abilities you can get off during it's duration, which is why you only use it during lust.You should also only use Potion of old war during lust, you used it on pull without lust. You had some rime procs which expired or nearly did delaying these causes a lot of problems not advised delaying them at all, unless it would cause you to drop Icy Talons. Not perfect uptime on Icy Talons which is very capable of being done on Ursoc. Not using Remorseless winter of Cd, it is a single target increase to do so. Good amount of time over 2 runes causing you to lose some uptime on Frozen pulse, you have belt so it's to be expected a little but I think you could have done better. Everything else seems to be fine. (I know you did mention the Frozen pulse thing but just mentioning it again, really just spam as much as you can for Obliterates and Frost strikes just don't drop below 25 runic power so that you always are able to FS if you need to keep up icy talons.)

Thank you - I was trying something out this week as I had read in a couple places that RW should only be used if you have a single rune. Especially with the belt, Obliterate seemed to have a higher priority than RW, and I almost always have runes in pairs. I'll try it again with RW, take oblieration, and also fix my pot usage.

I'm concerned because on Ursoc I'm ~70k-80k lower than other people at my ilvl (same length fight, no bracers). I feel that for a discrepancy of that magnitude, there must be some major flaw in my gameplay, or my stats.

Well once you have trait 34 (or the 3rd golden for frost) it's highly more impactful, especially if you hit more than 1 target with it. I can't say for sure I really am not a super avid frost player, I think a majority of frost though is learning how to deal with awkward situtations like the times when you end up with only 1 rune, and other times where there happens to be awkward moments in your rotation. Maybe it's not the best in pure ST but on ursoc if you were to press it every add i could see it being good. You may be correct on the 1 rune only rule, it seems that a lot of top parses for frost on Guarm have pretty minimal uses of it, but I'm not a frost expert so, do you think will be best. Potion + Obliteration and of course fixing the Frozen pulse will all help more than anything I wanna guess, even if RW is a ST increase it's probably very minimal.