FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
yaata

Need help with Restoration, i suck and i cry everytime.

Well,title says it, i am about to just stop playing it..i am now at this point where it is not fun anymore. being number 3 even though i have the best equip.

i was farming that and i still can't be number 1 even if i go hard.i really don't get what i am doing wrong.. i  am losing it.. help

my logs my armory pls.. someone..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/dethecus/Yaata/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2z4KagZVRvrTJL3W/#pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%2451683287.0.0.Druid%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

Edited by Pandacho
Please mind your language

Okay, I had a quick look and compared you logs with mine.

here is my logs and Armory:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bwGD1A2Fx3dCnVf7/#fight=31

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Redpill/advanced

Talents:
If you are looking to boost your HPS maybe try using the following

Inner Peace :  That 2min cd is awesome! Als you used Tranquility 11 times in your Helya fight and efflorescence only 4 times. 

There is not a lot of fights where Efflorescence is super useful. so play around in that talent row and see what works for you. My 10c will be stick with Inner Peace for now.

Then I saw you picked Feral Affinity.  try The Balance Affinity. It works well in raids and boosts the range of Tranquility. If you are focusing on HPS then this may be the way to go.

Stats:

There not perfect you are looking for Int>hast>crit>mastery. I know this is a hard one because of RNG and master loot in raids.

Then one last thing. Your competition in your raid setup is sniping your heals. You are over healing for 40%.

I hope this gives some insight on what to do to improve. 

First of, I'm not sure I understand your frustration - 80% percentile is not bad in any means but if you want some tips, here they are:

- you don't use Cenarion Ward on CD - 8 casts of at least 13 possible. With your average CW heal on670K, you are missing 3.3M healing here.

- you don't use Efflorescence on CD - only 4 (!) casts in a 7 min fight which cut the guts of the Spring Blossom talent you chose. It's the right talent to choose but it wouldn't work without Efflorescence. In addition you should choose the place to drop it better - you have a big melee group so why you were dropping in on yourself, having 60% overhealing? 

And even with your current Efflorescence placement, not casting it on CD removed at least 6M from your healing and 2-3M from Spirit Blossoms not being utilized.

- your EoGH and Flourish usage is poor too: 2 and 2 casts when 4 and 6 (7) were possible.

- why where you using Bear Form, were you tanking? You are not healing while performing in other role, so minus healing done too. You don't have to switch to bear if you need a damage reduction/instant healing.

Use Barskin, healing pots, switch to Renewal, throw a LIfebloom and some HoTs on yourself but don't spend time in the non-healing form because you are missing about 2.5% active time comparing to other healers - you should heal all the time if you want the numbers. 

- why did you use Swiftmend only twice during the fight, you weren't mana starving?

Anyways, I see your main problem in managing of CDs - not using CW, Efflorescence, EoGH and Flourish on CD cuts millions off your Healing Done.

I'm not sure about your tanking either, if it was something you had to do to save the raid, fine, but otherwise focus on healing and CD management rather than performing in other role.

21 minutes ago, Cotics said:

Then I saw you picked Feral Affinity.  try The Balance Affinity. It works well in raids and boosts the range of Tranquility. If you are focusing on HPS then this may be the way to go.

He used Guardian Affinity which is actually very good both in damage reduction and passive Ysera's Gift that did almost 7M of healing with practically zero overhealing.

I don't see a 40% overheal in the fight he linked, 31% is a normal amount of overhealing for a farm fight especially for a HoT spec.

I would agree in the Stats part though: Haste>Mastery>Crit are 5-man stats that are used mainly for M+,

in raids it's Haste>Crit>Mastery.

oh yeah on the fight was 31% overheal and yes Druids love to over heal. I got the 40% from one of the other fights (I rounded it up).  I think I got the Feral Affinity from yaata's Armoury. Guardian Affinity is the better pick. I just prefer the utility of Balance.

The boss is down why should it matter ?

Anyway in addition to the technical suggestions, understand that everything is based on hots, even the ae heals. Meaning if you have talented/powerfull/skilled healers at your side, there's a good chance their heals will come first. It's a good thing to have good players at your side, f**k the numbers.

I happened to be on the other side, my numbers were always higher than another healer. I was secretly thinking "damn, this guys is watching TV or what ?". Then I screwed up, died , and he solo healed almost an entire fight. That put me back at my place among the average healers. Numbers don't mean anything.

To be actually accurate, *sometimes* numbers mean something but if bosses are killed, they probably don't.

Edited by bobifle
  • Like 1

Agreed, it matters and is a decent way to improve when bosses aren't killed and healing is an issue.

While there is no limit to the output dps of a raid, the healing is simply limited by the amount of damage taken by the raid. If a raid is full HP at some point, I'm loosing HPS. This is likely to happen when you have very good healers at your side.

Here is the first thing I saw.

Your rejuvs are hitting for an average of 282.  

You want that higher, it seems like 150 for a 7min helya is somewhere correct (I haven't done a whole lot of H Helya to compare, only a few times)

but in order to increase that, you want to flourish + Artifact your Wild Growth + Rejuv spells.   

Maybe open up with a Wild Growth to see what who can get a free proc of your talents, spam some Rejuvs, and finish with another Wild Growth on top of that syngerize that with your Artifact, that will increase the strength of your rejuv.  You can do this same combo and Flourish or use them both together.

Flourish counter =  2 (1 minute cooldown)  that needs to be A LOT higher.  closer to 8 on a 7minute fight.

Artifact Ability = 2  (1.5)  Again, closer to ....5 or 6? (Not doing the math)  So you are losing a lot of healing here.

I'm sure you on a 7 min fight, Cenarion Ward and Lifebloom should be higher, like in the 20's

and I believe you are running Spring Blossom as you have the buff for it but literally no healing from it.

So there's 4 abilites / aspects you can work on, you should be topping this fight or at least keeping up.

I can't look at your armory as it's set to balance so I have no idea what your crit, haste, mastery is.

hard to believe hes the one asking for help and i got a good idea to increase my healing on my druid.  i used to be a priest healer and they will snipe your rejuvs right from underneath you pallys will do it to and shaman healing.  i dont know if it still incresses maximum hp but they make your life and mana pool hell cause of that fact