FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mmowin

Question for SV Hunters

So i've been running H EN with my guild and i'm pulling around 300k+ dps on fights like Ursoc and Xavius, but I feel like I should be pulling more. I'm almost 880 ilvl. My stats are 25% crit, 22% haste, 11 % mastery and 10 % versatility. Do you guys think I should maybe just stack mastery ? or should I throw everything into versatility. Icyveins says that mastery/haste/crit all are equal as sv. That doesnt make too much sense to me.

Have you got any logs at all or a link to your character? From my understanding versa is the god-mode stat for survival nowadays, and mastery isn't that useful. If you stack too much mastery you lose out on the other important stats and you end up with too many stacks of mongoose bite and not enough time to follow your rotation properly.

And as far as dps/ilvl goes, for being nearly 880 yes you should be a lot higher. Check out other survival parses at your ilvl, I'm sure there'll be some well over 400k; survival has really strong single target damage and on fights like ursoc you should be pulling a lot more dps.

Hey mmowin, I'm currently at 878 in SV and can pull up to 365k+ on Ursoc/Neth/etc. That is fully flasked with lust and everything.  

I also think the stat breakdown on this site has been a little misleading for SV Hunters, but since they adjusted it to say that all stats are quite important, they are correct. You need to include all stats, as Mastery is essential to unloading big Mongoose windows, and Haste lets you push more into those burst windows and maintain focus.  Crit is vital as well, since those 6-stack Mongoose strikes and Flanking strikes can hit like a truck when they crit.  And yes, I think Versatility is still an all-around beneficial stat, but maybe not worth going crazy over.

My current breakdown is 37% Crit, 13% Haste, 10% Mast, 8% Vers, or roughly around that, and I can pull close to 400k on some ST bosses.  I want to buff my Haste and Mastery a tad, but it seems like the high Crit is pretty helpful.  I get a lot of Haste bonuses from proccing trinkets/Sephuz right now, though, so mainly I want a little more Mastery especially after swapping Snake Bite for Crows.

What talent's are you taking. 300k ST damage is very very low for your item level. I suspect you may not be taking Murder of Crows.  

Your mastery is way too high and your Crit/Vers are way too low.

• Like 1