FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shafty

Sad mage needs advice, and help

First off thank you to anyone who provides constructive feedback as it is greatly appreciated.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Xprs/advanced

I'm back to frost, I tried out fire and with gems/reforge I can get to 34% crit with flask/food but it still seems way to lackluster.

As for my current gear I know it needs alot of work as I am playing catchup after a long break.

I do not have any logs, but I can say that my damage just seems piss poor, it feels like my GCD laggs and isnt very smooth trying to get off proc's and then going into a FB cast. For instance you can say on most boss's that are single target I'm anywhere from 90-110k dps.

I start out the fight with potion, mirriors/Icy veins, 2 FOF procs 1FB procs, alter time etc. Im keeping my bomb up well over 80% of the time, switching between NT and LB depending on the encounter.

Is my gem'ing incorrect? I feel more haste would benifit me with my gcd issue.. I'm just tired of going back and fourth and it feels like I'm laying down pissing straight up.

thank you in advance for any feedback once again.

Frost is absolutely the correct decision at your gear level! Make sure you are using the gems & enchants guide found here. Most of your gems should be hybrid haste. Without logs we really can't help you find specific problems. If there is any way for you to post a log in the future we could try to aid you further. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

what vlad said was correct exactly. I can't talk specifically about frost rotation wise because I have been a long time fire mage. But I would know how to gear one out if needed. I did plug your profile int AMR and only 2 things really came back. Change your glove enchant from expertise to haste And in your belt change out the red gem in the blue socket for a veiled imperial amethyst (purple). But more importantly that would give you the socket bonus (+120 haste). And I do know that frost mages need to stack haste to be successful. Your reforges were spot on though so no changes I saw there.

Gear wise (at lest) that is all I am seeing on the outset. Just try and get a combat log posted so someone can look and see if everything else is ok.

I would like to note that gearing is most of the times the smallest problem with a character.

That is the case now as well. For a quick look your character looks fine. If you still believe that your dps is lower than the desired, please provide us with some WoL logs so that we can specify the problem.

Thank you for the replys, I'm going to see if I can get the logs from last nights TOT, I really felt like I did poorly. I'm going to try out using more hybrid gems and see how that goes.