FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Freyja

20th Anniversary Tristram - The Labyrinth

I'm playing the Old Tristram event and I'm currently on level 5 of the Labyrinth.  There's a side event called Book of Blood, where apparently you have to kill a roomful of monsters in order to collect a blood stone and put it on a pedestal, which in turn opens the next room where you repeat the actions.  I've opened three rooms and collected three blood stones, putting them on the pedestal, but now there's one more room and I'm not able to open the doors.  I get a message that says "this door is locked by an unknown mechanism".  I can't see any other monsters anywhere in this side area, so it's not like I can kill any more in order to open the door.  I also can't find anything like a lever or other mechanism that would seem to open the doors to that locked room.  What do I do now?

Edited by Freyja

There should be 3 or 4 (can't remember) pedestals where you have to place a bloodstone.

Then all doors will be open. Maybe you overlooked one. You definitly don't need a lever or something like this.

But don't worry - there is absolutly nothing in the last room. Just a randhom shrine (like Shrine of protection, you have encountered these shrines a thousand times). No treasure, no special monster, no loot, nothing of interest.

This "side quest" is just as pathetic as the rest of the "great event".

On 1/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, WedgeAntilles said:

There should be 3 or 4 (can't remember) pedestals where you have to place a bloodstone.

Then all doors will be open. Maybe you overlooked one. You definitly don't need a lever or something like this.

But don't worry - there is absolutly nothing in the last room. Just a randhom shrine (like Shrine of protection, you have encountered these shrines a thousand times). No treasure, no special monster, no loot, nothing of interest.

This "side quest" is just as pathetic as the rest of the "great event".

Yeah, I never could find the 4th pedestal.  No matter how many times I start over with a new game, I just can't ever find the last one.  So I guess I'm doomed to never finish the Book of Blood event.  And apparently I'm not missing anything anyway.  No great loss, huh?

• Like 1

The whole thing is kind of a waste. It is kind of cool and nostalgic, but it just makes me want to play diablo 1 and 2! I wish they would have released a remastered diablo 1 or 2 instead. I would gladly have paid for either of them again. The diablo series overall is lacking support... still waiting on pvp for d3. Would easily pay for an expansion with more content and pvp. I still remember the arena rumors prelaunch. Id be willing to be an arena style or MOBA style PVP would bring a HUGE portion of the playerbase back, as well as a bunch of new people. I feel like just because the numbers are smaller they dont release as much content... but they could just charge a little more to make up for it. most the people i know who play are older and work so we could afford it. Heck, I bought d3 and RoS 3 times... once for pc, xbox 360, and again on xbox one. okay rant over, sorry for going off topic lol

But as far as the event, it is worth playing through once IMO. and do it on a new char and unlock the butcher pet... but dont bother with the side quests or transmog items, unless one of them is particularly appealing to you. i had no interest in any of them other than the pet, and its worth playing through once for the experience.

Edited by wardal
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm one of those older people ;) and I have been known to buy more than one copy of things I really like, although I'm not sure I'd do it with any of the Diablo games.  For one thing, it'd be pointless since I don't have an xbox -lol-
I guess Blizzard knows the big money isn't with the Diablo franchise any more, so they're only spending limited effort and money on it.  Which is too bad, because it's the first computer game I ever played (way back in 1997) and I really have no desire to play anything else.

I did get the Butcher pet, as well as the Cow pet.  The character I'm using was brand new just for the event, a Demon Hunter which I'd never played before.  I don't play very often - I'll get the urge for a couple of weeks, then I'll get busy or lose interest and months will go by before I'll even think of it again.  So the only characters I'd ever played before this DH were a Barbarian and a Wizard, and I'm not very proficient with them either.  I find myself joining public games where they're playing the event, and I enjoy it, but we never seem to run across that stupid Book of Blood event so I still haven't completed it!  Frustrating....lol

• Like 1

diablo 1 was my first pc game as well. was over my friend Toms house and he showed me it and i begged my mom to get it and i was instantly hooked! 

i wonder if the book of blood is the part that needs the 7 cultist pages that drop in the regular diablo 3 acts? i would look those up. cultist page is not dropped in the event but used for something, would make sense if for a book. they are tradable as well. i have most of the pages if you find out thats what you need. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 7:30 AM, Freyja said:

.... I just can't ever find the last one.  So I guess I'm doomed to never finish the Book of Blood event.

I could be wrong .. but .. I believe you have to click on the weapon racks that are accessible when you place the 3rd red orb.

as has already been said .. it gains you nothing

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, wardal said:

diablo 1 was my first pc game as well. was over my friend Toms house and he showed me it and i begged my mom to get it and i was instantly hooked! 

i wonder if the book of blood is the part that needs the 7 cultist pages that drop in the regular diablo 3 acts? i would look those up. cultist page is not dropped in the event but used for something, would make sense if for a book. they are tradable as well. i have most of the pages if you find out thats what you need. 

I started saving those cultist pages, but I never could see a reason for them so one day I just dumped them.  I think I was only missing two pages.

7 hours ago, phreezepeach said:

I could be wrong .. but .. I believe you have to click on the weapon racks that are accessible when you place the 3rd red orb.

as has already been said .. it gains you nothing

Yeah, I guess I'm not too bothered if I don't get anything for completing the event.  Except being able to say I completed it, that is.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 2:23 PM, Freyja said:

Yeah, I guess I'm not too bothered if I don't get anything for completing the event.  Except being able to say I completed it, that is.

I know how you feel, I'm kind of the same way, I like completing things even when there isn't a "reward". It bothers the hell out of me when I almost finish something and theres one piece or small part left. Getting rid of that annoyance is the reward for me lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardal said:

I know how you feel, I'm kind of the same way, I like completing things even when there isn't a "reward". It bothers the hell out of me when I almost finish something and theres one piece or small part left. Getting rid of that annoyance is the reward for me lol

Yes! lol....does it mean we're OCD or something?  Because it's bugging the crap out of me that I can't find a way to finish it.  But then again, it's not one of the official events listed in the the Achievements tab under General > Special Achievements in the game, so maybe I should just get over it LOL
I still need to kill four Unique Monsters in the Labyrinth to complete the Protector of Tristram event, and I still need to collect two more Cultist Pages to complete the I Sense A Soul In Search Of Answers event.  Now I really wish I'd saved the five pages I did find, because what if they're needed in order to create something?

**edit** I just played a Labyrinth game and killed three of the four Uniques, now I just need Baron Sludge.  Anyone know what level he's in?

Edited by Freyja

19 hours ago, Freyja said:

... now I just need Baron Sludge.  Anyone know what level he's in?

• .... Level 8
  •  
  •  
  • Level 2 — Shadowbite, Rotfeast the Hungry;
  • Level 3 — Madeye the Dead, Brokenhead Bangshield;
  • Level 4 — Gharbad the Weak, Snotspill, Blacklash the Burning;
  • Level 5 — Bloodskin Darkbow, Foulwing, Shadowcrow;
  • Level 6 — Deathshade Fleshmaul, Bilefroth the Pit Master, Bloodgutter;
  • Level 7 — Blighthorn Steelmace, Gorestone, Nightwing the Cold;
  • Level 8 — Firewound the Grim, Zhar the Mad, Baron Sludge;
  • Level 9 — Breakspine, Brokenstorm, Oozedrool;
  • Level 10 — The Flayer, Goldblight of the Flame, Blackstorm;
  • Level 11 — Bluehorn, Fangspeir;
  • Level 12 — Viperflame, Viletouch, Lionskull the Bent;
  • Level 13 — Warlord of Blood, Rustweaver, Witchmoon;
  • Level 14 — Steelskull the Hunter, Graywar the Slayer, Stareye the Witch;
  • Level 15 — The Vizier;
  • Unholy Altar — Red Vex, Blackjade;
  • Level 16 — Sir Gorash

from .. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phreezepeach said:
  • .... Level 8
  •  
  •  
  • Level 2 — Shadowbite, Rotfeast the Hungry;
  • Level 3 — Madeye the Dead, Brokenhead Bangshield;
  • Level 4 — Gharbad the Weak, Snotspill, Blacklash the Burning;
  • Level 5 — Bloodskin Darkbow, Foulwing, Shadowcrow;
  • Level 6 — Deathshade Fleshmaul, Bilefroth the Pit Master, Bloodgutter;
  • Level 7 — Blighthorn Steelmace, Gorestone, Nightwing the Cold;
  • Level 8 — Firewound the Grim, Zhar the Mad, Baron Sludge;
  • Level 9 — Breakspine, Brokenstorm, Oozedrool;
  • Level 10 — The Flayer, Goldblight of the Flame, Blackstorm;
  • Level 11 — Bluehorn, Fangspeir;
  • Level 12 — Viperflame, Viletouch, Lionskull the Bent;
  • Level 13 — Warlord of Blood, Rustweaver, Witchmoon;
  • Level 14 — Steelskull the Hunter, Graywar the Slayer, Stareye the Witch;
  • Level 15 — The Vizier;
  • Unholy Altar — Red Vex, Blackjade;
  • Level 16 — Sir Gorash

from .. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide

Thank you

There's a rare monster locked in the last room that opens when you place the third orb, I think the whole thing might just be to kill that rare as part of the aforementioned achievement, but I don't really know that for sure, just a guess. I can't remember what the rare's name was.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 8:14 PM, ChaosCultist said:

There's a rare monster locked in the last room that opens when you place the third orb, I think the whole thing might just be to kill that rare as part of the aforementioned achievement, but I don't really know that for sure, just a guess. I can't remember what the rare's name was.

Yeah, I think I remember seeing that Rare monster but I don't remember his name either.  And nothing ever happened after killing him.  Oh well, no big deal.

On 1/7/2017 at 5:54 AM, Freyja said:

I'm playing the Old Tristram event and I'm currently on level 5 of the Labyrinth.  There's a side event called Book of Blood, where apparently you have to kill a roomful of monsters in order to collect a blood stone and put it on a pedestal, which in turn opens the next room where you repeat the actions.  I've opened three rooms and collected three blood stones, putting them on the pedestal, but now there's one more room and I'm not able to open the doors.  I get a message that says "this door is locked by an unknown mechanism".  I can't see any other monsters anywhere in this side area, so it's not like I can kill any more in order to open the door.  I also can't find anything like a lever or other mechanism that would seem to open the doors to that locked room.  What do I do now?

Here's what you do to get the last door opened:

1. Place the third blood stone.
  2. The door to your north will open.
  3. Just beyond the door is an armor stand.  Click on it.
  4. Pick up the "Arkaine's Valor" chest piece that just dropped.
  5. The last door should now be opened.

One of the rare mobs could have spawned in there, depends on RNG.