FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
peekaboo

A Question

nah man, classic packs should be safe regardless. these changes are effectively card bans. other trading card games do this all the time. additionally (this is not confirmed) but usually the cards will temporarily be worth their crafting cost in dust after such changes.

I have a gut feeling that they will do the "nerf full refund" thing if these changes are serious. That means your money will be relatively safe. But I suck with predictions. Don't quote me on that.

The actual rule of thumb about economy and buying packs in this game is not actually buying eternal, IMO, but buying the stuff you need. If factors in a lot of things, what do you like to play, what do you want to play, and mostly what cards you have and don't have. Last point especially allows you to get 40 dust per common value, not just 5. 

Answering all these questions right you can make a right decision (like I do). That means just craft those 10 playable cards from TGT and never buy the packs from it, and then go for whatever you need. But mind it, I crafted pretty much every single legendary I own. BabyRage.

And MSoG is not huge on playables. Just sayin'.

5 hours ago, Paracel said:

I have a gut feeling that they will do the "nerf full refund" thing if these changes are serious. That means your money will be relatively safe. But I suck with predictions. Don't quote me on that.

The actual rule of thumb about economy and buying packs in this game is not actually buying eternal, IMO, but buying the stuff you need. If factors in a lot of things, what do you like to play, what do you want to play, and mostly what cards you have and don't have. Last point especially allows you to get 40 dust per common value, not just 5. 

Answering all these questions right you can make a right decision (like I do). That means just craft those 10 playable cards from TGT and never buy the packs from it, and then go for whatever you need. But mind it, I crafted pretty much every single legendary I own. BabyRage.

And MSoG is not huge on playables. Just sayin'.

Last sentence is the point of the change, and not only MSoG, same goes for TGT as well, especially for those who doesn't want to play shaman.

For most classes, classic and basic set has the strongest cards, like mage and rogue, and new sets were quite ineffective at changing the 'playability' of the class. 

Also some neutral cards like Azure Drake (this was the first example came to my mind and also first to be mentioned in the reddit) are exceptional in, well nearly all classes.

But,

People buy classic packs thinking they will never rotate out, and new sets are not as good, only some cards are needed. This change will not change this fact, as good cards from new sets could still be crafted.

And I believe this change could destroy what I expected from the game next; some kind of a legacy format, where only basic and classic cards can be used, I think that would be great, also for those who quit playing and returned later.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

And I believe this change could destroy what I expected from the game next; some kind of a legacy format, where only basic and classic cards can be used, I think that would be great, also for those who quit playing and returned later.

I really hope this happens .. Gives new players some hope .. I wish there was better clarity regarding what's going to change so that newer players don't get screwed over .. Honestly if Blizzard cared cards that are rotating out should get atleast half their value back after dusting, but I guess blizzard likes streamers opening 500+ packs every expansion .. 

Well I hope new adventure/ expansion has synergy with WOG cause after MSOG only decks I see are Kun/C'Thun druids and N'Zoth shaman control decks