FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sanguinarius

7.1.5 reduced crit, wat do

Hi friends,

7.1.5 hit today, and our crit chance got a pretty big hit, namely 5% less crit baseline, and more crit rating required for 1% crit chance. On my toon for example, upon loging in today i was standing at 31% crit chance, from 38% previously (i was using eye of command to get to 43% which is required for EP uptime and the spec to feel fluid).
So my question is, what do we do now? Do we fight tooth and nail to keep our crit to pre-patch levels, using crit stat sticks together with eye of command, and swap enchants/gems over to crit? Or is it better to accept it and keep stacking mastery instead? The stat priorities at the icy veins guide haven't changed, so im assuming this is the case? But if we're going to play with 30i% crit from now, coupled with the recent nerf to EP, maybe it's time to give it up and go with Master Poisoner? So many questions.

11 hours ago, Sanguinarius said:

Hi friends,

7.1.5 hit today, and our crit chance got a pretty big hit, namely 5% less crit baseline, and more crit rating required for 1% crit chance. On my toon for example, upon loging in today i was standing at 31% crit chance, from 38% previously (i was using eye of command to get to 43% which is required for EP uptime and the spec to feel fluid).
So my question is, what do we do now? Do we fight tooth and nail to keep our crit to pre-patch levels, using crit stat sticks together with eye of command, and swap enchants/gems over to crit? Or is it better to accept it and keep stacking mastery instead? The stat priorities at the icy veins guide haven't changed, so im assuming this is the case? But if we're going to play with 30i% crit from now, coupled with the recent nerf to EP, maybe it's time to give it up and go with Master Poisoner? So many questions.

Master Poisoner is the go-to talent for Poison spec Rogues now.

Elaborate Planning is better for the Bleed (Exsang) spec

I changed a lot of equipment with mastery to have 40% of critic.
Now, with these changes in statistics, I have 30% crit and 112% mastery.
In the simulation still gives me more dps EP on MP.

6 hours ago, Vdeku said:

I changed a lot of equipment with mastery to have 40% of critic.
Now, with these changes in statistics, I have 30% crit and 112% mastery.
In the simulation still gives me more dps EP on MP.

Until higher gear levels (aka more mastery), EP may still be ahead of MP for some. It was just barely for me until the recent patch nerfing EP and DS. I was sitting at 881 before and after the patch (identical items) for somewhat of a useless reference point.

• Like 1