gonlaz

Simming trinkets

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hey so basically every video I have watched is by a person that is not necessarily an English speaker - problem for me is that I cannot understand wtf the dude's are saying. I'm sorry in advance if that insults anyone, it's not intended.

Anyway, I do really good dps, I'm not really in need of any in game help but I still cannot figure out how to sim trinkets and so all of my testing has been on a dummy then on a boss, the boss testing is not actually good for time saving lol and it is not necessarily convenient either.

Is there an easy to understand guide somewhere that explains this? Reason I ask is because I basically have all the trinkets available, except two and I really just want to maximise

thanks in advance

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Gunwyvar/advanced

Edited by gonlaz

7 hours ago, gonlaz said:

Hey so basically every video I have watched is by a person that is not necessarily an English speaker - problem for me is that I cannot understand wtf the dude's are saying. I'm sorry in advance if that insults anyone, it's not intended.

Anyway, I do really good dps, I'm not really in need of any in game help but I still cannot figure out how to sim trinkets and so all of my testing has been on a dummy then on a boss, the boss testing is not actually good for time saving lol and it is not necessarily convenient either.

Is there an easy to understand guide somewhere that explains this? Reason I ask is because I basically have all the trinkets available, except two and I really just want to maximise

thanks in advance

You can run Simcraft to test them (there are all kinds of useful guides around), or you can use a website like Shadowcraft. Either one should give you a good idea as to which is better, but be sure to check the number of targets / fight length that you're using in each one since that may have a very significant effect on which is better or not

okay so I know about shadowcraft (which I have not trusted since legion launch due to the numerous bugs) and simcraft, the thing I am searching for is a precise and clearly stated tutorial, maybe I wasn't clear but that's what I am seeking a point to for a good guide that I have yet to fine for simming trinkets only. Thanks

2 hours ago, gonlaz said:

okay so I know about shadowcraft (which I have not trusted since legion launch due to the numerous bugs) and simcraft, the thing I am searching for is a precise and clearly stated tutorial, maybe I wasn't clear but that's what I am seeking a point to for a good guide that I have yet to fine for simming trinkets only. Thanks

This might help, but it's more 'precise' than you might be looking for -

https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc/wiki/Examples

• Like 1