FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Luthixx

Dire Frenzy v Dire Beast

Recently, Azor has updated the BM guide to say that Dire Frenzy is now pulling slightly ahead on pure single-target. Has anyone done any simming of their own to confirm this or to test it out? I'm interested in trying it out myself and will do some sims later, but I just wanted to check from someone else's perspective first.

I'm assuming this is because of Blink Strikes? Although, in the guide it says that Bestial Fury is still slightly ahead. Not 100% sure with what I should be taking, is Blink Strikes still going to be better even when using Stomp?

Me and my Fellow Hunter on guild tried this out on Guram HC. My gear is abit better than him but our dps difference on boss was little. I finished boss on 405K DPS but he finished on 400K DPS.

I was using Stomp and Blinking Strikes while he was using Dire Frenzy and Bestial Fury.

I hope that Helps out.

On 14/01/2017 at 1:27 PM, Shimino said:

Me and my Fellow Hunter on guild tried this out on Guram HC. My gear is abit better than him but our dps difference on boss was little. I finished boss on 405K DPS but he finished on 400K DPS.

I was using Stomp and Blinking Strikes while he was using Dire Frenzy and Bestial Fury.

I hope that Helps out.

Without a warcraftlog, you cannot really compare.

Simcraft gives me 414kDPS on single target using Stomp. It gives me 426kDPS using Dire Frenzy. 

Dire Frenzy is outperforming stomp by a significant margin on pure single-target. (Roughly 4% increase)

Unfortunately for Nighthold you will be taking stomp on every fight.  There are some minor cases where if you have shoulders and/or are lucky with DB procs DF can outperform stomp but seeing as this is a more stars-align coincidence it should be avoided.

For now it just remains a Nyth and Guarm logging talent.

-

Blink Strikes vs Bestial Fury is more of the same. They are very close in terms of damage on single target. Blink Strikes wins hands down in multi target situations and Bestial Fury gets the nod for pure single target but only slightly. As you can assume any situation where Blink Strikes can be utilized it should be taken (this includes the actual range benefit as well as the flat damage increase)

Edited by NocsT
Blink Strikes vs Bestial Fury