chocoslayer88

HELP NEED AN EXPLANATION ABOUT DPS

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Hey yall! so i'm writing this because i just want to undesrtand something. my friend and i compared numbers today because we are both shadow priests albeit i have a higher ilvl than he does maybe by around 7 im sitting at 863 . 

what happend was during the last fight we decided to do the same -ish rotations meaing we both had vamp touch and shadow pain up on the same boss at all times.

at the end of the fight i found something odd,

his vamp touch dealt 4.99m dmg with max hit at 315 and minimum 

mine only dealt 3.71 with max hit at 335 but take this in, minimum hit at 17k LOLLL

another thing that got my attention

his max hit on mind blast was 512 k, while mine was only at 281k.

his crit and mastery stands at 20% and 40%, mine at 24% and 42%
his haste stands at 27 and mine stands at 24

can anyone explain this? at all? does it make any sense at all LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

Mione's at it again and this time it's Trial of Valor's head lady-squid-sorceress...thing that's getting the solo Demon Hunter treatment! After the insanity of the Mythic+ clears (CoS +19, VotW +17, VotW +3 in time) it's back to raid bosses so let's take a look at Helya getting wrecked!

As an added bonus here's last month's +9 in time Black Rook Hold run!
      Armory.
    • By Stan

Mythic Dungeon Invitational is now over for China and APAC. Over the weekend, we saw 16 teams from 2 regions competing against each other. Who's advancing to the next stage of the competition? 
      Blizzard is putting the following affixes into play during the competition:
      Affix 1
      Affix 2
      Affix 3
      Sanguine
      Quaking
      Tyrannical
      Teeming
      Volcanic
      Tyrannical
      Bolstering
      Explosive
      Fortified
      Raging
      Grievous
      Fortified
      Explosive
      Volcanic
      Teeming
      China Group Stage
      Standings
      Team MPE is absolutely dominating the game in their region. They won all their games with the score 2:0. Advancing from China are TEAM MPE and MMT.

VoD

Asia Pacific Group Stage
      Standings
      Advancing from APAC are Honestly and Free Marsy. Here are the latest standings:

VoD

Upcoming Fixtures
      Don't forget to tune in next week for EU & NA regions!
      Weekend 2: Europe and The Americas
      Saturday, September 23 at 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday, September 24 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
    • By Beautyman
      Oi, mates! Let me just briefly introduce me and this guild. My name is Beautymen and I have been playing ever since WoTLK. During this great expansion I was heavily involved into raiding on Quel'Thalas. Ever since I left these days behind the sensation of raiding and progressing has been tickling my sensitive parts. Therefore, when Legion launched I came back to play with my mate Kraishan and we founded Mythic Busters.

What is Mythic Busters?
      Our guild, Mythic Busters, is a friendly bunch of people from all around the world who are looking to get into raiding. Especially, when you have been gone from the game for some time, you might have lost your raiding mojo and find it hard to be re-introduced.
      This guild offers you the chance to start raiding again in Legion through a fun and relaxed way. No hard requirements, just fair and square play. We have several divisions within the guild to cater to different players. For instance, we run Mythic+ to gear up new players and currently we are building progress and farm runs through the newest raids.

What makes raiding different with you guys?
      Good question, me. Well, if I might be so egocentric as to say that first of all: I believe we have created a great atmosphere within our guild. I, as a raid leader, try to entertain the raid group on Discord by keeping our nights social and fun.

Sounds great. When do you raid?
      Right now we raid on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7:30PM (invites) till about 11:00PM server time. These raids are currently focused on ToS HC progression. On Fridays we also run a normal mode farm for alts/lowerer geared members.

Awesome. Who are you looking for?
      We accept any and every social player who is either experienced or new to raiding. Just be a chill or dude or dudewoman! And of course, ready slash willing to learn.

You sold me at dudewoman! How do I join?
      Feel free to respond underneath this post or whisper me ingame (Beautymen-QuelThalas or Beautyman#2868).
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Halls of Valor Mythic+ dungeon guide.
    • By Stan

A source of the latest information related to Patch 7.3 and beyond!
      Our Patch 7.3 hub organizes all 7.3 data and latest news coverage in a single place.
      Welcome to our centralized hub dedicated to the biggest patch ever introduced to World of Warcraft. For easier navigation, we'll keep it updated throughout testing by adding links to our latest coverage, so that you won't miss out on any important information.
      Update: 09/13
      This week, the last part of the Argus story becomes available. Here you can find out more about final Netherlight Crucible & Class Tuning. All of our class guides have been updated for Netherlight Crucible with trait recommendations.
      Patch 7.3
      Patch 7.3 titled "Shadows of Argus" is now live. For more information we suggest reading our Shadows of Argus Survival Guide.
      Official Patch Notes Invasion Points Guide // Greater Invasion Points Guide Undocumented Changes in Patch 7.3 List of Known Issues Mythic Keystone Runs & Difficulty Changes Returning Player Guide Reputation Guides (Argussian Reach & Army of the Light) Relinquished & Unsullied Token Clarifications Blizzplanet's Gamescom Interview with Ion Hazzikostas Ion Hazzikostas Patch 7.3 Interview  Content Rollout Schedule Dungeons (M+) Changes Patch 7.3 Hotfixes
      The following hotfixes have been applied to live servers so far:
      Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 16 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 13 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 12 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 8 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 6 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 5 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 1 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - August 30 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - August 29 Build Highlights // Class Changes
      In this section, you will find the most recent changes sorted by build.
      Patch 7.3 Build 24853 Patch 7.3 Build 24727  Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Patch 7.3 Build 24608 // Feral Druid // Frost DK & Mage Changes Patch 7.3: Upcoming Frost Death Knight Changes Patch 7.3 Build 24539 // Patch 7.3 Feral Druid Changes Patch 7.3.0 Build 24500 Patch 7.3.0 Build 24473 Dev Notes
      Blizzard usually posts on the official forums once a new PTR build is deployed to test realms, giving an overview of new features that become available for testing.
      Build 24829 Build 24608 Build 24539 Build 24500 Build 24473 Artifact Power & Advancement
      In Patch 7.3, you will be able to unlock the Netherlight Crucible, a new way of Artifact customization via relics.
      Artifact Knowledge Changes The Netherlight Crucible Guide *new* Antorus the Burning Throne
      The new raid is currently tested on PTR and will be available in Patch 7.3.5.
      Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid Preview (Build 24473) Antorus Raid Rewards Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 1 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 2 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 3 Antorus & The Pantheon Legion Ending & Next Expansion Leaks New Creature Models (Antorus Bosses, Titans, Lore Characters) (Build 24473) Tier 21 Sets
      In Antorus, you will find Tier 21 Sets dropping from the bosses.
      Tier 21 Sets Preview (Normal Tints) // Mythic Tints Tier 21 Death Knight (Build 24608) Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Mage (Build 24651) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539) Tier 21 Warlock (24651) Argus & Gameplay Videos
      Argus is a new planet that has three zones. Krokuun, Mac'Aree and Antoran Wastes. In the following articles, you will find detailed information about all the different zones.
      How to Get to Argus (Intro) Vindicaar Matrix Core Powers & Assessment Argus Gameplay Part 1 (up to Krokuun) (Build 24473) Argus Gameplay Part 2 (End of Chapter 1) (Build 24500) Argus Gameplay Part 3 (Mac'Aree) (Build 24539) New Factions
      Two new factions have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.
      Argussian Reach (Faction) Preview Army of Light Faction Preview Weapons of the Lightforged (Build 24473) Gearing & Alts
      All useful information in terms of gearing and alts.
      Reputation Catch-up & New Heirloom Amulet Unsullied & Confiscated Gear Veiled Argunite & New Gear Tokens Invasion Points
      A new type of repeatable content, aka scenarios with different stages with the goal to defeat a boss at the end.
      Invasion Points // "Lesser & Greater Rifts" Coming to WoW Invasion Point: Blood (Build 24539) Invasion Point: Ice (Build 24539) Seat of the Triumvirate
      A new five-player dungeon located in Mac'Aree (Argus)
      Seat of the Triumvirate (Dungeon) (Build 24608) New Transmog Items (Build 24500) Missions
      New Champion Equipment & Missions Mounts
      New Mounts (Build 24473) Lightforged Golem Mount Shackled Ur'zul (Mythic Argus Mount) Pets
      How to Tame Panthara Pets *new* New Tameable Hunter Pets (Build 24781) New Pets (Build 24473) New Pets (Build 24853) Professions
      New Profession Updates (Build 24473) // The Future of Obliterum World Bosses
      New World Bosses (Build 24473) New Caster Animations
      In Patch 7.3, several caster Classes received updates to their animations.
      Official Preview Druid, Mage, Shaman Animations (Build 24473) Priest Animations (Build 24473) Restoration Shaman Animations (Build 24500)