FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kharth

Frostbrand with Akainu's

With the legendary bracers Akainu's should I keep frostbrand up for the 30% dmg increase to lava lash? 

I'm using the Hot Hands talent.  I know Hailstorm blows now and the frostbrand dmg is worthless.

Edited by Kharth

I wouldn't even consider it unless I was still using the Hailstorm talent, and I don't even think that would be worth it. They really kneecapped that legendary by nerfing Hailstorm so hard.

12 hours ago, Kharth said:

With the legendary bracers Akainu's should I keep frostbrand up for the 30% dmg increase to lava lash? 

I'm using the Hot Hands talent.  I know Hailstorm blows now and the frostbrand dmg is worthless.

I also have the bracers and have spent significant time testing this. With the current build of using overcharge LB along with keeping up with stormbringer charges (as well as maintaining fury of air) our maelstrom usage is incredibly high. 

Spending that one global every 16'ish seconds to cast frostbrand doesn't sound significant, but if you break it down to the maelstrom per global, instead of generating 23 resource through rockbiter you're SPENDING 20 maelstrom to cast frostbrand...this results in a net loss of 43 maelstrom for that one global. This is HUGE in this current maelstrom usage build, almost 1/3rd of our total bar. This often resulted in me getting behind in maelstrom and not being able to make use of LB and SS procs when they happened.

The only time I've found any benefit to casting frostbrand is with Feral Spirits out and during heroism when our resource generation is huge and we have excess to siphon off with lava lash.

~Elementss on Sargeras 

Edited by Elementss