Stan

Legion Developer Q/A Recap: January 12

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

aSskKAc.jpg

Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit sat down with Josh "Lore" Allen and we learned some interesting information. Timewalking raids are in the works and Patch 7.2 is hitting test realms soon.

Auction House

• Blizzard keeps monitoring items that are too expensive and adjusts the cost.
  • Specifically, Tome of the Tranquil MindTome of the Tranquil Mind was mentioned as being too expensive.

Brawler's Guild

• No plans to add any new bosses to the Brawler's Guild this expansion.
  • The difficulty curve is good as early bosses are accessible by most players and later encounters prove to be more challenging.
  • No Boss Health adjustments have been made for specific specializations.

Professions

• The team is happy with primary profession quests involving dungeons.
  • Materials aren't cheap in Legion, because they need to be gathered as there is no Garrison. Another contributing factor that affects prices is banning botters.

Recipes (Rank 3)

• Rank 3 recipes could be made less rare at the end of Legion.
  • Having a rank 3 recipe helps players make a little more profit.
  • There's no problem with RNG and rank 3 recipes, you can still craft that item even if you don't have it.

Crafted Gear

• ObliterumObliterum upgrades help to keep crafted gear relevant.
  • With increasing item level on gear, crafted items need to stay relevant throughout the expansion.
  • Patch 7.1.5 added Engineering Goggles.
  • Patch 7.2 will add many new recipes for both primary and secondary professions.
  • There will be no items that will help you reroll secondary stats on crafted gear. If you need different stats you have to craft another item.

Primary Professions

Gathering Professions

• A third slot for a gathering profession is something considered, but players that want an additional slot just don't want to get rid of their existing professions.

Engineering

• The goggles introduced in 7.1.5 have the highest item level of craftable items so far in Legion (880) and take time to craft.
  • They have random stats.
  • You can either farm or buy Hardened FelglassHardened Felglass.

Skinning

• The team wants to make skinnable NPCs multi tap.

Secondary Professions

• Archaeology
    • The profession isn't supposed to be an endless grind and Patch 7.2 will make Archaeology better (new mounts and pets?).
  • Cooking
    • As there were many quests for primary professions, the team didn't want the same to happen with secondary professions and overload players with too many quests.
    • Nomi is perhaps too random, but in 7.1.5, the chance to get new recipes has been significantly increased.

Obliterum

• The bracers gating behind the Obliterum Forge will be reduced in a future patch.

Micro-Holidays

• Call of the Scarab is the first micro-holiday on live realms starting January 21.
  • There are no permanent rewards from micro-holidays, because of their short duration.
  • It's a cool idea to use them for leveling.

Patch 7.2

• Is hitting Public Test Realms soon.

Timewalking

• Is here to make content from two or more expansions relevant again.
  • The devs are discussing an item level increase on Timewalked gear.
  • No Scholomance during MoP Timewalking, it revolves around MoP dungeons situated in Pandaria.
  • The team hasn't considered to bring Vanilla Timewalking as the content isn't challenging and tuned for max level players.
    • It doesn't mean it couldn't be added in the future, but it's not a priority right now.
  • Timewalking Raids are coming in the future.

Weekly Bonus Events

• Keeping Timewalking rare helps making it great.
  • The team is observing the weekly events and will remove those unpopular.

VoD

Well, Timewalking dungeons = at-level Heroic, except you don't outgear it as much as you may have back then.

Does this mean Timewalking raids = Heroic difficulty at-level? ;p That could potentially be a really big mess if this was done through LFR haha. They may just make a Raid Finder difficulty for those old raids that is tuned lower than the original difficulty so that LFR can do it, but it would be really cool if you could choose to enter Normal or Heroic difficulty with a premade group (with increased ilv rewards as usual.)

Although now that I think about it, the weekly nature of Timewalking means that these wouldn't really be viable as guild content; you can't really progress on a raid that only lasts a week and doesn't come back until months later.

Edited by Ammako

Professions are abysmal. If they are happy with the state of professions they are clueless. Instead of comparing them to the last expansion, why don't they compare them to earlier expansions as well?

I'd much rather have professions be part of the RPG experience and not merely something you do to make gold. I don't feel like any of them are truly unique to a specific class, as far as armor, weapons, etc., are concerned. If I'm a plate armor wearing class, I'd like mining and blacksmithing to have a little more significance. Not as merely a means to get a rare mount or create a unique pet.

Timewalking does not really make previous content relevant because it has nothing to do with what's going on in the current expansion. It's also way too easy.

Edited by ChaosDecides

6 hours ago, ChaosDecides said:

Professions are abysmal. If they are happy with the state of professions they are clueless. Instead of comparing them to the last expansion, why don't they compare them to earlier expansions as well?

I'd much rather have professions be part of the RPG experience and not merely something you do to make gold.

Did you think the questing process and such was good for professions or not?

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Professions

• The team is happy with primary profession quests involving dungeons.

I am perfectly happy with professions involving dungeons.  As well as the fact that there actually are profession quests.  It brings a different aspect into the game that gives you something to do other than mindlessly grind quests, dungeons, and pvp like we have had to in the past just to pass the time. 

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Crafted Gear

• ObliterumObliterum upgrades help to keep crafted gear relevant.
  • With increasing item level on gear, crafted items need to stay relevant throughout the expansion.

I personally appreciate what Blizzard is trying to do but I completely disagree.  I don't think that crafted items need to stay relevant throughout the expansion because crafted items have always been a stepping stone with the exception of key resistance items in Vanilla and the crafted gear in WoD.  I think that crafted gear should plateau around Heroic/Mythic difficulty and further gear upgrades should come from raids, mythic+, and pvp content.

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Skinning

• The team wants to make skinnable NPCs multi tap.

I think this is a phenomenal idea, especially with the changes to lootable NPCs being multi tap.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Timewalking

• Is here to make content from two or more expansions relevant again.
  • The devs are discussing an item level increase on Timewalked gear.
  • No Scholomance during MoP Timewalking, it revolves around MoP dungeons situated in Pandaria.
  • The team hasn't considered to bring Vanilla Timewalking as the content isn't challenging and tuned for max level players.
    • It doesn't mean it couldn't be added in the future, but it's not a priority right now.
  • Timewalking Raids are coming in the future.

Timewalking isn't really relevant, as it has no bearing on current content and is only around as a weekly event to try to keep players interested in the game.  Timewalked gear, in my opinion, should be about the level of heroic dungeons.  Vanilla timewalking dungeons would be super fun if they were in the old style and not this "run through pull the whole dungeon kill it all at once" philosophy.  Not considering to bring Vanilla timewalking in to the picture because the content isn't challenging and tuned for max level players is horsecrap because neither are any prior expansions to the current one.  All expansions from Vanilla to WoD are no longer challenging and tuned to for max level, the dungeons even during timewalking phases aren't challenging and tuned for max level.  Timewalking raids.... there's so much wrong there.  Interesting concept but unless executed perfectly will spell disaster for the entire timewalking platform.

TL;DR  Professions are fine, crafted gear should be a stepping stone, yay for skinning multi tap, timewalking is a novel idea but not a challenge.

Not tuned for max level because for the most part, dungeons were levelling content (there were only a few like LBRS that were relevant at max level, to get dungeon tier gear which was a stepping stone to the regular raids.)

BC dungeons had Heroic difficulty which very much was tuned for Lv. 70 players. Same for WotLK, same for Cata, same for MoP. To make Vanilla timewalking dungeons they would have to go back and design Lv. 60 versions of every dungeon, properly tuned for 60. Hence they haven't considered it, but it can be done in the future.

"Timewalking raids.... there's so much wrong there.  Interesting concept but unless executed perfectly will spell disaster for the entire timewalking platform" , elaborate, you can say "there's so much wrong here" but if you don't really have compelling reasons for saying so then it doesn't really mean anything.

Edited by Ammako

3 minutes ago, Ammako said:

"Timewalking raids.... there's so much wrong there.  Interesting concept but unless executed perfectly will spell disaster for the entire timewalking platform" , elaborate, you can say "there's so much wrong here" but if you don't really have compelling reasons for saying so then it doesn't really mean anything.

It doesn't have to "really mean anything" to you.  It was a statement plain and simple.

Since you brought it up though, let's explore.

Timewalking dungeons are currently old world dungeon content that has been tuned so that players at least one expansion beyond the content are tuned down to that level.  This in itself is fine as it puts players in content that should be the same level as them.  The problem with this is that you can't accurately tune stats down to duplicate the experience when the dungeons were current content due to current stat scaling.  This means that PCs that meet the level requirements of the timewalking content are over powered compared to someone that would actually be running that content as current.

This is where timewalking being a novel concept yet not being anything more than a nostalgia run comes in to play.  If we take these same principles and apply them to Timewalking raids then you are looking at people running old world raid content without the difficulty of what a raid is supposed to be.  Raids are by design progressive content.  Example: 10 players get together to run a 9 boss raid dungeon for the first time.  They engage the first boss, and shortly after wipe.  6 tries later they manage to down the boss.  They then progress to and engage the second boss which takes 10 tries due to increase in difficulty.  This pattern continues until eventually they have managed to get all 9 bosses down.  In the process most of them have received an item upgrade that would significantly increase their damage and ability to perform the next week.  This process continues throughout normal, heroic, and mythic difficulties until these 10 players are able to basically walk through every fight with zero issues and one-shot kills every time.

Since, currently timewalking dungeons are not a challenge due to tuning and stat scaling, how would they actually make timewalking raids a challenge? and as you said...

15 hours ago, Ammako said:

Although now that I think about it, the weekly nature of Timewalking means that these wouldn't really be viable as guild content; you can't really progress on a raid that only lasts a week and doesn't come back until months later.

You can't really progress in something that's only available for a short time every so often.

In order to not have a complete disaster on their hands my suggestion would be have timewalking raids open for a month, able to join via group finder, and overtune the raids to compensate for the undertuning of dungeons.

And personally I'm not sure why you felt compelled to question my statement when I agreed with your statements in fewer words.

5 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

Not considering to bring Vanilla timewalking in to the picture because the content isn't challenging and tuned for max level players is horsecrap because neither are any prior expansions to the current one.  All expansions from Vanilla to WoD are no longer challenging and tuned to for max level, the dungeons even during timewalking phases aren't challenging and tuned for max level.

My thoughts exactly. 

I would say that the entire timwalker process is awfully easy, although I recognize its probably just for levelling and max level boredom busters via old content, pets and mounts and xmog. 

But the reasoning they dont do it at all, is that it's "too easy" is mind boggling.

4 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

And personally I'm not sure why you felt compelled to question my statement when I agreed with your statements in fewer words.

So because part of your post agreed with me, means that your entire post does? ;) That's not really how it works.

I'm saying that they can't work as progression content if they are weekly. Just because they can't be proper guild progression content doesn't mean it can't work fine as LFR.

You're saying that "it would be a complete disaster for the entire timewalking platform" which is a completely different point of view altogether.

1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

But the reasoning they dont do it at all, is that it's "too easy" is mind boggling.

That is a gross oversimplification of their reasoning.

Edited by Ammako

Well considering when I read your post I didn't have any reason to disagree with it at all would be an indicator that I agreed with you, therefore my statement agreed with you.  Either way I'm not going to get into a who's what is better.  I stand by what I said whether you agree, understand, like, dislike, disapprove of, or whatever, It is what it is.

And it's not a different point all together because of the fact that overall the current timewalking platform is just kind of hanging on.  If you fail to implement timewalking raids properly it impacts the "overall" (not the individuals but the mass's) view of the timewalking platform.  Fail one aspect most people in today's society will see the entire project as a failure and lose faith in it.  Succeed in every aspect and it's a working model.

Personally I'm not a fan of timewalking period.  I do it to get the weekly quest done and I'm over it.  However that doesn't mean I can't see the benefit of it and it's purpose.  Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong or a trash idea.  It just means that I'll find other means to occupy my time instead.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:36 AM, Blainie said:

Did you think the questing process and such was good for professions or not?

The questing process was fine. I would have rather had to unlock 800 through a quest chain than to be forced to create expensive items with a low probability of increasing the prof level. When all recipes are either greyed out or green, and the mats needed to craft the items are incredibly expensive, trying to get the final 10 or so levels is just masochistic.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, ChaosDecides said:

The questing process was fine. I would have rather had to unlock 800 through a quest chain than to be forced to create expensive items with a low probability of increasing the prof level. When all recipes are either greyed out or green, and the mats needed to craft the items are incredibly expensive, trying to get the final 10 or so levels is just masochistic.

Yeah, I'd definitely agree on that. Having to funnel guild funds at one person (we spent nearly a million on 1 person's professions at the start of the xpac) simply due to ridiculous bad luck on skill ups just kinda sucks.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, Stan said:

The team hasn't considered to bring Vanilla Timewalking as the content isn't challenging and tuned for max level players.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:41 PM, Ammako said:

That is a gross oversimplification of their reasoning.

Hey, I can only go by what was stated originally. 

...and that sure sounds like "too easy." 

On 1/16/2017 at 7:40 AM, Blainie said:

Yeah, I'd definitely agree on that. Having to funnel guild funds at one person (we spent nearly a million on 1 person's professions at the start of the xpac) simply due to ridiculous bad luck on skill ups just kinda sucks.

Dude, that's insane.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

We bring you a roundup of the latest World of Warcraft Q/A with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas!
      Visit our Battle for Azeroth Content Hub for more information about the upcoming expansion!
      Roundup
      Allied Races
      No plans to add High Elves in the near future as an Allied Race. No Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth will be Hero Classes (Death Knights / Demon Hunters), but they're open to the idea in the future. Artifacts
      Demon Hunter Artifacts have been fundamentally intertwined with their playstyle in Legion. Azerite Armor & Traits
      The goal of Class balance is to build a fundament for external systems (Azerite traits in Battle of Azeroth, Artifact traits in Legion) that can be left behind in future expansions. A respec system for Azerite Armor is coming soon. The goal here for respeccing is that you should not be locked into a set of choices, but they don't want you to switch them too often. The initial cost of changing Azerite traits will be negligible, but it will ramp up quite rapidly, so if you want to change your talents around several times a week, it will be super expensive. The cost will decay over time (or reset every week). Azerite traits from more lucrative sources will have a higher power level. Some of them will affect your playstyle. Not all will be boring passives; we should also see some Core spec modifiers. Global Cooldowns [Learn More]
      Blizzard knows that the change to GCDs would be negatively received, but it is healthy for the game in the long term. Ion compares it to the convenience of teleports back in Cataclysm, where there were portals to capitals in all major cities. They will continue tuning Class abilities to accommodate the changes: In one of the upcoming builds, Heroic Leap / Disengage will be off GCD. Some Warrior abilities will receive an upfront damage increase. GCD changes in Battle for Azeroth are primarily aimed at offensive cooldowns. *Fury Warriors* All specializations have rotational adjustments that are on the table. They see WoW as a fast-paced game (a series of rapid-fire decisions), and GCD sets the pace for the game. World of Warcraft should be about planning your actions in short time frames, not blowing all your cooldowns at the same time. Charge/Dash are on a GCD, but Sub Rogue's Shadowstep is off GCD right now. It adds flavor to the Rogue "ninja-esque" Class fantasy. Island Expeditions
      Island Expeditions primarily reward Artifact power. Lore
      A Twitter user asked about the Horde turning evil in Battle for Azeroth (the question is based on the latest Battle for Lordaeron Intro Scenario). Ion answered that evil is a matter of perspective, and there's more to the story, but they don't want to spoil it. Personal Loot
      Personal Loot will be the only loot option in Battle for Azeroth. There's more control as an individual over your fate. The change hasn't been implemented to address split-raiding. Trading restrictions are the same as in Legion. PvP
      Predictive gearing is coming in Battle for Azeroth on top of Legion's random reward structure. Throughout a week, there will be a Conquest progression. Every week, you will get a different piece of your set. PvP Season Week #1: You get a Chest armor PvP Season Week #2: Insert another piece of armor here Big battlegrounds will have a separate "Epic Battlegrounds" queue in Battle for Azeroth. Currently, the plan is to pull out the two 40v40 battleground from the regular queue and remove blacklisting. Ashran will be retired in Battle for Azeroth, but it could return as an epic battleground in the future. Gear only matters a bit in the outdoor world. Players with an item level of higher than you have will be stronger by approximately 10%. Racials
      Racials exist for depth and flavor. The point is to get them to a point where they still feel relevant, but are not outliers. Sets in Battle for Azeroth
      With the removal of Class sets, there will be just one appearance per armor type per raid. Uldir has its own unique art sets. More sets from Warfronts and so forth are coming. The goal is to offer different takes on expressions. What is Titan cloth? What is Troll cloth?
    • By Stan

Our Battle for Azeroth content hub is filled to brim with useful information to get you started with WoW's latest expansion!
      Your source of the latest Battle for Azeroth news!
      Release Date
      World of Warcraft's latest expansion will be released on August 14, 2018. You can find out more information in this post.
      Pre-Purchase Battle for Azeroth
      If you pre-purchase the expansion, you'll get a level 110 boost and gain early access to four Allied Races. The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with various goodies in all Blizzard games except Diablo. Collector's Edition from local retailers also comes with two novellas and you can read excerpts here.
      Game Version Pricing Buy Link Standard Edition $49.99 // 44.99 EUR EU / US Digital Deluxe Edition $69.99 // 59.99 EUR EU / US Pre-Purchase Deal [More Details]
      New players that pre-order Battle for Azeroth will get Legion bundled with it for 49.99 USD // 44.99 EUR.
      Allied Races
      Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne and Void Elves are four Allied Races that can be unlocked before Battle for Azeroth goes live. Pre-purchasing the expansion won't unlock them though. They're gated behind Exalted reputation standing with Legion factions and achievements.
      If you boost an Allied Race character to level 110, you won't be able to receive Heritage Armor.
      It's very likely that Blizzard removes the gating at some point before Battle for Azeroth launch. It would not make much sense having them gated behind old content.
      Allied Races Unlock Requirements
      Allied Race Requirements Highmountain Tauren Ain't No Mountain High Enough + Exalted with Highmountain Tribe  Lightforged Draenei You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Army of the Light Nightborne Insurrection + Exalted with the Nightfallen Void Elf You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Argussian Reach Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth
      Four Allied Races have been confirmed in Battle for Azeroth so far. The Alliance will be able to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves and Kul Tirans, whereas the Horde can convince Mag'har Orcs and Zandalari Trolls to join the faction. The aforementioned Allied Races will be gated behind Battle for Azeroth content and can't be unlocked before launch. We learned that Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be available first and both Allied Races are now available for playtesting on Alpha.
      Dark Iron Dwarf & Mag'har Orcs Overview *NEW* Kul Tiran & Mag'har Orc Heritage Armor Kul Tiran Customization Options Kul Tiran Druid Bear Forms Kul Tiran Druid Cat Forms Zandalari Troll Druid Forms Zandalari Troll Druid Forms Animations Zandalari Troll Shaman Totems Azerite Armor
      Set bonuses are gone in Battle for Azeroth and the legendary amulet is used to unlock Azerite traits on Azerite Armor. The plan is to introduce three pieces of Azerite Armor to the game - Head, Shoulders & Chest. In this section, you can find a list of Azerite traits that have been added to the game so far.
      Azerite Traits Overview (Alpha Build 26476) *NEW* Azerite Traits Overview (Alpha Build 26433) Azerite Traits on Battle for Azeroth Alpha (Chest Piece) Azerite Traits Overview (Alpha Build 26231) Blue Posts
      A collection of blue posts dealing with a variety of subjects in Battle for Azeroth.
      Blue Posts Roundup: April 12 Changes to Block in Battle for Azeroth DPS & HPS Cooldowns on Battle for Azeroth Alpha (Experimental Change) Build Highlights
      Battle for Azeroth is currently in Alpha. We have overviews with creature models, items, and latest changes:
      Battle for Azeroth Alpha 26310 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26287 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26231 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26175 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26131 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26095 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 25976 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26287 Creature Models Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26032 Creature Models Class Changes

In the latest dev watercooler, Blizzard talked about Class design philosophy in Battle for Azeroth. There's a new Battle for Azeroth build every week and we keep track of all talent changes here. A detailed overview of every build can be found below:
      Alpha Build 26476 Talent Changes *NEW* Alpha Build 26433 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26367 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26310 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26287 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26231 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26175 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26131 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26095 Talent Changes Alpha Build 26032 Talent Changes Alpha Build 25976 Talent Changes In addition to that, Hunters can no longer change a Pet's specialization in Battle for Azeroth.
      Customization Options
      Articles here deal with additional customization options for existing races.
      Change Skin Color in the Barber Shop *NEW* Golden Eyes Customization Option for Blood Elves How to Create Upright Orcs Upright Orcs Overview Dungeons
      Ten new dungeons will be added to the game in Battle for Azeroth. We looked at Dungeon Journal entries and compared item levels of loot rewards after the squish and we started to upload previews of available dungeons on Normal difficulty.
      The Underrot Heart of Azeroth
      With the removal of Artifact weapons and traits, all players will receive a Legendary neckpiece called Heart of Azeroth. The main goal is to collect Azerite (Artifact power) and empower it in order to unlock Azerite armor traits. The first set of traits is now available for testing on Battle for Azeroth Alpha.
      Heart of Azeroth Explained Interviews
      Several community websites had the chance to sit down with WoW devs at PAX East 2018 to talk about Battle for Azeroth and we have roundups of their interviews:
      Battle for Azeroth Community Interviews Part I Battle for Azeroth Community Interviews Part II InvenGlobal Developer Interview The Starting Zone Interview Island Expeditions
      Plunder uncharted Islands in Battle for Azeroth. The new 3-player dynamic Scenarios come in four difficulties and the goal is to collect 6,000 Azerite before the opposing faction!
      Island Expeditions Preview - Un'gol Ruins Island Expeditions (Official Preview) Legacy Loot Mode
      Personal Loot used in dungeons since Patch 7.3.5 was not well received by transmog collectors. Blizzard is trying to fix it with the introduction of Legacy Loot mode.
      Legendary Items in Battle for Azeroth
      Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but there may be at least one Legendary item in Battle for Azeroth. The Legion Legendary system will be abandoned and their effects will no longer work past level 115.
      Lore
      This section contains various articles about lore characters, scenarios and gameplay previews.
      Battle for Lordaeron Scenario (Alliance & Horde PoV) *NEW* The Burning of Teldrassil Intro  *NEW* The Stormwind Extraction Scenario (Horde Intro)  *NEW* Zandalar Forever Scenario  *NEW* Mounts
      If you're an avid mount collector, Battle for Azeroth will most definitely not disappoint you. Plenty of cool mounts are coming and we covered the following flying/ground mounts so far:
      Mounts from Mythic(+) Dungeons *NEW* Basilisk PvP Mounts Battle for Lordaeron Faction Mounts Bee Mounts Bloodfeaster Mounts Brutosaur Mount Clefthoof PvP Mount Crawg Mounts Darkhound Mount Frog Mounts Goblin Hovercraft Mounts Hyena Mounts Parrot Mounts Proto-drake Mounts Raptor Mounts Vulture Mounts Vicious War Hippo Mount Mythic Keystone Changes
      No huge changes are planned for the Mythic Keystone system. It has been received well in Legion. We datamined some spells related to Mythic Keystone customization and a new (possibly level 10) affix.  Tyrannical & Fortified affixes will be moved to level 2 Keystones to avoid awkward power spikes.
      Mythic Keystone Customization New Mythic Affixes Pet Battles
      In Battle for Azeroth, level of the pets opposing you will scale to the highest level pet on your team. New pet mechanics will be introduced and some existing mechanics will change.
      Pet Battle Changes in Battle for Azeroth *NEW* Profession Changes
      Most First Aid recipes have been moved to Tailoring and achievements are now Feats of Strength, hinting at a possible removal of First Aid. An early look at Profession changes and new recipes can be found here.
      Racial Nerfs
      Every Man for Himself and Arcane Torrent will be nerfed in Battle for Azeroth. You can find more information here.
      Q/A
      Game Director Ion Hazzikostas is periodically answering your Battle for Azeroth questions. The latest Q/A was conducted last week.
      Battle for Azeroth Live Developer Q/A (April 26) *NEW* Battle for Azeroth Live Developer Q/A (March 15) Battle for Azeroth Live Developer Q/A (January 30) Raids
      Uldir will be the first raid of the expansion. We previewed early Dungeon Journal entries and found out that Blood God G'huun is the final boss of the raid. In a future raid (probably a Gul'dan equivalent in BfA), we're going to fight Azshara. 
      Uldir Raid Encounters Uldir Zone Preview & Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth (Heroic) Testing Timewalking
      Mists of Pandaria is receiving its first Timewalking raid in Battle for Azeroth.
      Siege of Orgrimmar Timewalking Warfronts
      Warfronts are 20-player PvE scenarios coming in Battle for Azeroth. The first Warfront was recently enabled for testing on Alpha.
      Battle of Stromgarde Warfront Preview *NEW* Visuals
      Hunters and Warlocks received new spell animations.
      Hunter Spell Animations Warlock Spell Animations Zone Previews
      This section contains zone previews of Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
      High-Resolution Maps of Kul Tiras & Zandalar *NEW* Vol'dun Zone Preview Changelog
      April 24
      The hub has been updated with new links to our latest news and previews and Battle for Azeroth Beta is now live!
      April 5
      Blizzard revealed the release date of Battle for Azeroth. We also added the latest information to the hub, including Dark Iron Dwarf & Mag'har Orc playable classes, latest talent updates, Azerite traits, and more!
      March 26
      The hub got updated with a bunch of new articles including new customization options for Blood Elves, talent updates for Alpha Build 26287, new creature models and a post dealing with global cooldowns in Battle for Azeroth.
      March 22
      A new Alpha Build arrived on Battle for Azeroth Alpha realms. Blizzard added the Dark Iron Dwarf racial mount, two Dwarf Paladin Ram mounts and more!
      March 21
      We added our preview of Island Expeditions to the website.
    • By Stan

A roundup of the latest blue posts dealing with Class feedback in Battle for Azeroth Beta.
      Holy Paladin Feedback
      Holy Paladin Talents (Source)
      Level Talent 1 Talent 2 Talent 3 15 Crusader's Might Bestow Faith Light's Hammer 30 Cavalier Unbreakable Spirit Rule of Law 45 Fist of Justice Repentance Blinding Light 60 Devotion Aura Aura of Sacrifice Aura of Mercy 75 Judgment of Light  Holy Avenger Holy Prism 90 Sanctified Wrath Avenging Crusader *new* Awakening *new* 100 Divine Purpose Beacon of Faith Beacon of Virtue They want to keep Beacon of Faith and have the level 100 talent row competitive. Divine Purpose is an all-purpose talent that's not as situation-dependent as all of the Beacon variants. Awakening and Holy Prism may receive buffs in a future Beta Build.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We want to keep Beacon of Faith, but also have that row be competitive. Even though we rarely do kiss/curse talents, this is a case where it's worth it to use the % transfer to balance the talent. It's also deceptively strong, because even though it looks like "30% reduction" means you get only 1.4x the usual benefit of Beacon--in reality you often cast on one of the two tanks, get the mana return consolation prize, get any set bonuses or traits that trigger, and still get 70% benefit from the other beacon. Long story short, agreed that the health of that row depends on things being able to compete with Beacon of Faith. Divine Purpose is still something we want to try on that row, as a more all-purpose talent that's not as situation-dependent as all of the Beacon variants.

Awakening may well need to be stronger. Its tuning should reflect a premium for the fact that it's uncontrolled. It's already buffed from The Topless Tower to try to better account for that; we'll keep an eye on it at least.

Holy Prism may well need to be stronger also. But, like many talents that add new damage/healing buttons, it's already getting stronger relative to its peers due to the departure of Artifacts. We'll see if that's enough on its new row.

We like Beacon of Virtue as well! Nothing planned there other than any minor tuning that may arise. Monk's Renewing Mist
      This is a follow up to the latest Mistweaver Monk blue post. In an upcoming Beta Build, Renewing Mist will automatically jump if you cast a new one to overwrite it.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Thanks for all the followup on Renewing Mist. In an upcoming beta build, we're likely going to try having Renewing Mist automatically try to jump, if you cast a new one that would overwrite it.
    • By Stan

New pet battle content will be enabled on Beta soon and Blizzard outlined a couple of changes planned for Pet Battles in Battle for Azeroth, including World Quests, a new currency & new pet mechanics, and more.
      Pet Battle World Quests will be enabled in a future Beta Build (coming later today) and they will count towards your zone's emissary. Level of the pets opposing you will scale to the highest level pet on your team. Multiple new pet battle mechanics will be introduced to the game in Battle for Azeroth. A couple of existing pet mechanics will be changed as outlined below. A new Pet Battle currency is coming and there's no need to hold on to Pet Charms. Blizzard (Source)
      Hello!

We're currently hard at work implementing Battle for Azeroth’s pet battle content, and we'd like to start talking about some of the changes you’ll be seeing in the Beta.

Pet Battle World Quests will soon begin showing up on both of the new continents. Similar to Legion, they will count towards your zone’s emissary, but this time around, the level of the pets opposing you will scale to the highest level pet on your team. This will allow a player with a team of only level 1 pets to take on the World Quest and get some battle pet experience. Please give them a shot with pets of all levels, and let us know how that goes for you.

We will be introducing a new currency in Battle for Azeroth that can be used to purchase a variety of things, so there's no need to hold on to those Pet Charms that are burning a hole in your pocket.

Several new pet battle mechanics are coming to Battle for Azeroth. Some of these will appear on enemy pets, and some on yours. A few examples include: A powerful spell that summons a random Weather effect Several additions to suite of Heals that will have increased effects based on your pet’s health Aura effects that heal your pet (or damage the enemy pet) based on the last hit dealt In addition to new pets and abilities, we’re making a few targeted changes to a few pets and abilities that are seen frequently: 
      Bone Serpent: swapped positions of Call Darkness and Lift Off Crow and Gilnean Raven: -200 power, +200 speed Cyclone: damage changed from 7 to 3-7 Haunt: returns the pet at 50% health when sacrificed instead of 100%. Teroclaw Hatchling: Dodge and Nature's Ward now occupy the same tier (as do Hawk Eye and Ravage). Please feel free to let us know how the changes play for you.

Thank you!
    • By Stan

We found mounts that will be dropping in Mythic dungeons in Battle for Azeroth.
      Blizzard has recently updated the source of multiple mounts and it seems that we're going to see some drop from final bosses inside specific Mythic dungeons or Challenger's Caches found in these dungeons at the end of Mythic+ runs.
      We also found various recolors of the mounts listed below and you can find them in our Battle for Azeroth content hub.
      King's Rest
      Mummified Raptor Skull drops from King Dazar in King's Rest. Alternatively, the mount can be found in the Challenger's Cache in King's Rest.

Freehold
      Sharkbait's Favorite Crackers drops from Harlan Sweete on Freehold Mythic or the Challenger's Cache found in Freehold.

The MOTHERLODE!!
      The final boss of the dungeon drops an Engineering recipe instead of a mount: Schematic: Mecha-Mogul Mk2. The mount (Mecha-Mogul Mk2) is listed as BoP right now.

The Underrot [Dungeon Preview]
      Underrot Crawg Harness drops from the Unbound Abomination (Mythic) or you can get it from the Challenger's Cache found within the dungeon.

Other Mounts
      Reins of the Obsidian Krolusk could potentially drop from the final boss of Tol Dagor, but the drop is still listed as a placeholder.