FORUMS
Starym

Major Class Tuning for Next Reset

N9LBOPVQNRN91446614218693.jpg

It seems one set of class changes right before a new raid release wasn't enough and we're in for some more! A lot of the issues the community has been pointing out have been addressed, like Hunters and Enhancement Shamans getting major buffs and Shadow Priests and Demon Hunters getting nerfs. The changes will take effect after the next maintenance.

Blizzard LogoLore (source)

Death Knight

• Blood

Demon Hunter

• Havoc
    • Annihilation, Blade Dance, Chaos Nova, Chaos Strike, Death Sweep, Demon Blades, Demon’s Bite, Eye Beam, Fel Barrage, Fel Eruption, Fel Rush, Fury of the Illidari, Metamorphosis, and Throw Glaive damage reduced by 2%.
    • Fel MasteryFel Mastery now grants 30 Fury (up from 25).
    • Chaos BladesChaos Blades now increases autoattack damage by 150% (down from 200%).

Hunter

• Beast Mastery
  • Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Barrage, Black Arrow, Bursting Shot, Marked Shot, Multi-shot, Murder of Crows, Piercing Shot, Sidewinders, Volley, and Windburst damage increased by 8%.
  • Survival
    • Carve, Flanking Strike, Explosive Trap direct damage, Flanking Strike, Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike damage increased by 7%.
    • Explosive TrapExplosive Trap damage over time, LacerateLacerate, and Serpent StingSerpent Sting damage increased by 12%.
    • CaltropsCaltrops damage reduced by 10%.

Mage

Monk

Paladin

Priest

• Discipline
    • Trinkets that deal single-target damage now deal 45% of normal damage (up from 40%).
    • Trinkets that deal multi-target damage now deal 35% of normal damage (up from 25%).
  • Shadow
    • Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Void, Shadowy Apparition, Void Bolt, Void Torrent, and Void Eruption damage reduced by 4%.
    • Shadow Word: PainShadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 11%.
    • Vampiric TouchVampiric Touch damage reduced by 14%.

Rogue

• Assassination

Shaman

• Elemental
  • Enhancement
    • Crash Lightning, Flametongue, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Rockbiter, Stormstrike, Windfury, and Windsong damage increased by 4%.
    • HailstormHailstorm damage increased by 29%.
    • BoulderfistBoulderfist damage increased by 15%.
    • Fury of AirFury of Air damage reduced by 12%.
  • Doom VortexDoom Vortex damage increased by 33%.

Warlock

• Affliction
    • AgonyAgony now has its full chance to generate a Soul Shard on Soul EffigySoul Effigy (up from a 55% of normal chance).
    • Malefic GraspMalefic Grasp now increases the damage of damage over time effects by 70% (down from 80%).
  • Demonology
    • ShadowboltShadowbolt damage increased by 42%.
    • Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).

Warrior

• Protection
    • Charge, Devastate, Devastator, Heroic Throw, Ravager, Shield Slam, Victory Rush, and Deep Wounds damage reduced by 5%.
    • RevengeRevenge and Thunder ClapThunder Clap damage reduced by 14%.

Legendary Items

Additionally, we’re planning to make some general changes to PvP balance, with the intent of lowering overall damage from a few overperforming specs and talents. Those exact changes have not yet been finalized, but we’ll share them as soon as we are able.

Worried about those prot warrior nerfs, tons of people already saying we are dead now in 7.1.5, while I have agreed I feel like I taking way more damage then before. Now we getting a damage nerf a week later. I already doing less dps then all the other tanks. Really would love to know what blizz plans are here, right now feels like they are just trying to kill prot fully

Edited by Nytemare
      • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bladehawk said:

A lot of much-needed changes. We'll see if the Hunter buffs are substantial enough; I certainly hope they are.

I feel same about enhancement shaman:/ After 7.1.5 it just is lagging behind... as i see fury of air being nerfed, the viable choise in talent... not sure how i feel about these... seems just to little atm, i hope they look this over critically.

Don't fix Havoc's irritating resource generation or anything, Everybody loves having a rotation based on RNG.

I mean, resource starving worked for Combat Rogues, right?

I'm just now realising they literally buffed and then nerfed the same spells in the same week... kinda starting to look like they just don't really know what to do to Havoc. Maybe they should try listening to the community?

Edited by Ampea
      Added realization that they buffed and nerfed the same spells in the same week

Demon hunter guide for Blizzards:

1. Create a new hero class

"Oh no it can kill a paladin, it's op!"

2. Nerf the shit out of it.

3. Make it playable only when having mysterious, orange items, rare as a balanced paladin.

4. Buff paladins.

5. Accidentally make demon hunters playable in new patch. Oh no!

6. Nerf his legendaries!

7. Nerf the class again! Hurray, all the fun is gone.

8. Buff hunters......

• Like 4

The Barrage damage buff remains to be seen as to which it is, good or bad. The problem with Barrage isn't it's damage, it's the size of cone of fire, and that little issue seems lost on Blizzard. If it continues to not have the cone tightened, Barrage will remain to be a talent you should AVOID for BOTH MM and BM specs,  and using Volley or MoC instead will continue to be the right choice. IF Blizzard ever tightens that cone to a reasonable degree where it doesn't pull every add in a dungeon every time you use it, only then will Barrage become viable as the go-to talent again.

Edited by hochstepanzerjager
      • Like 2

The Demon Hunter Class is getting nerfed of course we have to work so hard to get that 5% extra damage on our Artifact weapon so you can take away with the 2% damage nerf thank you Blizzard

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hochstepanzerjager said:

The Barrage damage buff remains to be seen as to which it is, good or bad. The problem with Barrage isn't it's damage, it's the size of cone of fire, and that little issue seems lost on Blizzard. If it continues to not have the cone tightened, Barrage will remain to be a talent you should AVOID for BOTH MM and BM specs,  and using Volley or MoC instead will continue to be the right choice. IF Blizzard ever tightens that cone to a reasonable degree where it doesn't pull every add in a dungeon every time you use it, only then will Barrage become viable as the go-to talent again.

Agreed... I don't know why they don't make it similar to the multi-shot mechanic... basically just making it an automatic multi-shot... the range on barrage is ridiculous... it doesn't have to shoot that far.

Edited by b1sojf91

Im probably gona sound like a huge ass but everyone complaining about the demon hunter nerfs stop complaining your class is atleast fucking playable we hunters have it a lot worse i literally lost 100k cause of the 7.1.5 patch you guys only went up so stop with the complaining and your still gona be doing better than us cause mm hunters buff is an absolute joke it wont make it any more viable than it is it wil still be as shitty as it is now

1 hour ago, KillerNinja said:

Im probably gona sound like a huge ass but everyone complaining about the demon hunter nerfs stop complaining your class is atleast fucking playable we hunters have it a lot worse i literally lost 100k cause of the 7.1.5 patch you guys only went up so stop with the complaining and your still gona be doing better than us cause mm hunters buff is an absolute joke it wont make it any more viable than it is it wil still be as shitty as it is now

How did you lose 100k with this patch? The general consensus I've seen is most hunters feel 7.1.5 gave them a buff and this is just gonna increase that to be off the bottom of the ladder. Hunters are just usually a lot better towards the end of the expac anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hochstepanzerjager said:

1 hour ago, b1sojf91 said:

Agreed... I don't know why they don't make it similar to the multi-shot mechanic... basically just making it an automatic multi-shot... the range on barrage is ridiculous... it doesn't have to shoot that far.

Honestly there's no reason to pick barrage now anyway, the damage is just too low for both specs. I think the whole reason it's staying the same because it forces you to have to know your class and how to position yourself not to pull additional mobs. The point of not having a narrow cone is so that you can hit mobs from far away, that's why there's a difference between barrage and volley. Making barrage a lot more situational than a go-to. 

Personally I liked it better last expac, I haven't liked barrage since 7.0 hit and they completely changed it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maruken said:

Guys... double Demon Hunter was a thing in high rated arenas and they could kill in seconds.

It was very clear that they were getting nerfed.

Not to mention their leech during Metamorphosis. 

Rogues getting nerfed again....what a suprise.

Why the hell would they nerf agonizing poison? Makes no sense to me.

I understand the nerf of duskwalkers but up to 65 is way to hard. 55 would be enough at first.

Edited by Reflex

19 hours ago, Reflex said:

I understand the nerf of duskwalkers but up to 65 is way to hard. 55 would be enough at first.

I always feel like they take the stance of "overnerf and then buff" rather than having to nerf again.

Just now, Blainie said:

How did it feel to be good for a few days? ;D

It is still much better than before, but yes, it was super nice to have BIS and best overall legendary for a while

23 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

It is still much better than before, but yes, it was super nice to have BIS and best overall legendary for a while

Yeah, it's nice when, after having such a bad legendary for a while, you suddenly have the most amazing thing :D Sadness to happiness faster than the speed of light!