FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mobius

Bad Frost DK

Wrong potion prolonged is better. Icy talon could see higher uptime. You had some of your rime procs expire this is a rather large loss, during obliteration it's acceptable to lose it, but other times it's not. Lots of time where you were over 2 runes meaning you weren't gaining frozen pulse.

You don't really need a weakaura for rime procs it shows up with the two little frost things on the left and right of your screen, but if you really need one or what ever they have it in the template i assume.

I would strongly advise you to use breath of sindragosa build, if you check logs for 7.1.5 it outperforms the regular build by quite big numbers. it will work very well for you since you have the best legendary for it - seal of necrofantasia. Even without the ring, i did 550k dps on cenarius mythic a few days ago with breath build, my ilvl is 882 which is similar to yours. Breath build lets you do insane burst DPS ( about 800k ) if you can keep it up for about a minute, even when it expires your dps shouldnt drop below 500k. it is even better on cenarius since on your initial breath would hit 2 targets ( cenarius and ancient) for almost its entire duration. your final result should be higher than mine because with seal of necrofantasia you should be able to pull off two long breaths during the encounter as opposed to my initial long breath and second one lasting only about 15-20sec. Unfortunetely i dont have logs for this fight but ill ask my guild if they have them.
i highly recomment trying it out

Edited by Furiousgecko

Well the DK is kinda strange atm, you can go for various build and your dps will depend on the legendaries you have and the playstyle you like. The BoS is a good option at the moment but i would not recommend it for you if you have issues with your current build, as long as it's way harder to handle in a real fight with a lot of movement. 

I think that you can do better with your current build, but you need to go for icecap instead of avalanche, the dps increase will not be huge but the gameplay is way easier and flexible because you'll be able to burst more frequently.

If you want to go for the BoS build then you need to understand that if you fail, even once, your dps will drop. 

About your logs, Drtain said it all. Except for the potion, it depends on the fight, if you can stay for the whole 60 sec in melee and dps it's quite the same, but if you have to move after a short time then old war is way better imo