FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mmowin

Frost vs Unholy. Did anything change in 7.1.5

Sup guys. So lately i've been leveling up my Unholy Artifact weapon, since I'm almost done with my Frost artifact. My question is, how come we don't see very many unholy death knights. I'm talking about mostly mythic+ dungeons and raids. Is Unholy still not viable after the patch? Or is frost just better at everything?

Hey guys, 

So the new Clawing Shadows Mastery build for unholy is very interesting and it is getting close, but it is not quite on the same level as frost. 

For it to be close the you definitely require the unholy bracers.

Unholy bracers don't matter nearly as much as they use too. You can do just as well as someone with bracers if you have belt/ring. With that said bracers are still the best, and largest increase in dps. But to answer your question, as it stands currently frost is still better than unholy. Just fact unholy is much closer but frost is still beating it. M+ unholy is better in my opinion at least, many people say frost but it's in my opinion because the people who are playing unholy just aren't good enough at it, while frost is hur dur dragon, frost scythe.

On 1/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, Drtain said:

Unholy bracers don't matter nearly as much as they use too. You can do just as well as someone with bracers if you have belt/ring. With that said bracers are still the best, and largest increase in dps. But to answer your question, as it stands currently frost is still better than unholy. Just fact unholy is much closer but frost is still beating it. M+ unholy is better in my opinion at least, many people say frost but it's in my opinion because the people who are playing unholy just aren't good enough at it, while frost is hur dur dragon, frost scythe.

@DrtainCan I ask what are your stats as Unholy?

70% mastery, 20% crit 21% haste 3.5% vers. I need to get rid of my vers and put it into mastery realllly badly.

4 minutes ago, Drtain said:

70% mastery, 20% crit 21% haste 3.5% vers. I need to get rid of my vers and put it into mastery realllly badly.

Only 20% crit? Interesting. How much consistent dps are you pulling. Not talking about burst phase just your regular dps.

Edited by mmowin