FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Altz UI for Legion

Update:

• Many people keep asking about the UI's nameplates. They are integrated within AltzUI, if you'd like to use them separately, look here, they're called EKplates.
  • Icons above nameplates provides the Target Nameplate Indicator addon.

I haven't seen a mention of Altz UI here yet. I've been a long ElvUI/TukUI user, but found the UI boring, because I've been using it for ages. Then I came across Altz UI and fell in love with it. It's minimalistic, fully customizable and you can install it with a single click.

Screenshots

pvw65602.jpgpvw65604.jpgpvw65606.jpg

Complementary Addons

For raiding and "reading" trade chat on highly-populated server

• BlockChinese
    • Removes chinese spam from trade chat making it readable.
  • Deadly Boss Mods
    • Standard raiding addon
  • Recount / Skada
    • Damage/Healing Meters, etc.
  • TSM
    • Auctioning, gold-making adon.

AltzUI - Download Link

16 minutes ago, Chukalobo said:

What is BlockChinese?  No take out?

Probably a chat/font adding for Chinese text, considering the player's name in the screenshots is in Chinese characters.  Or it blocks/ignores people with Chinese characters in chat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chukalobo said:

What is BlockChinese?  No take out?

High populated realms have problems with chats being spammed by chinese gold sellers. This addon blocks all chinese chat and you can read trade chat without all the annoying spam. It's not anywhere near related to the screenshots above. It's just an addon that came to my mind that I had to add to the UI myself to be able to play.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 3:31 PM, Stan said:

High populated realms have problems with chats being spammed by chinese gold sellers. This addon blocks all chinese chat and you can read trade chat without all the annoying spam. It's not anywhere near related to the screenshots above. It's just an addon that came to my mind that I had to add to the UI myself to be able to play.

Thanks for the response :D

I've tried out this UI and really like it. I'd like to get the red arrow that shows your target and the percentage of enemy health. Is the big red arrow an additional addon or a setting within the AltzUI? Thanks for the info. You're awesome!

On 21. 2. 2017 at 10:13 PM, DarthTido said:

I've tried out this UI and really like it. I'd like to get the red arrow that shows your target and the percentage of enemy health. Is the big red arrow an additional addon or a setting within the AltzUI? Thanks for the info. You're awesome!

It's Target Nameplate Indicator. If the arrow isn't there go to the addon folder find config.lua, open it and look for 

local TEXTURE_PATH = “Interface\\AddOns\\TargetNameplateIndicator\\Reticule”

Change the Reticule into NeonRedArrow so it looks like this:

local TEXTURE_PATH = “Interface\\AddOns\\TargetNameplateIndicator\\NeonRedArrow”

Hit save and you're done.

• Like 1

Hi there, i install this "Addon Pack" and i cant remove the Red Arrow and i cant put more Bars can someone help me ? On the red bar i try to find the File "Core.lua" but there is no option for the Red Arrow... 

1 hour ago, Fatality said:

Hi there, i install this "Addon Pack" and i cant remove the Red Arrow and i cant put more Bars can someone help me ? On the red bar i try to find the File "Core.lua" but there is no option for the Red Arrow... 

Configuration variables have moved to config.lua :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

Configuration variables have moved to config.lua :)

I cant find it, i went to Interface > Addons > AltzUIConfig. 

I got a file called : api / db / gui / init / popupdialogs / setup

Hello,

I just installed this addon switching from Elvui and I was wondering if there is a way to show my own buffs on the unit frame of my character. Currently they are only showning on the Buff/Debuff section in the upper right corner.  Buffs/debuffs are being shown on the target unit frame in a very nice way but not on my own unit frame which I would like to have. 

i came across this ui and wanted to try it out but after downloading and extracting it into the wow/addons folder i can't find the map  anywhere.

The addon isn't showin,g anywhere and when launching the game there is no trace of Altzui to be found. When i want to extract it it, tough it says the files are allready there.

Any hints what im mmessing up lol?

ty

On 26/06/2017 at 11:57 AM, crosiss said:

i came across this ui and wanted to try it out but after downloading and extracting it into the wow/addons folder i can't find the map  anywhere.

The addon isn't showin,g anywhere and when launching the game there is no trace of Altzui to be found. When i want to extract it it, tough it says the files are allready there.

Any hints what im mmessing up lol?

ty

Perhaps try extracting to a separate folder first then moving it across?

I just found this UI yesterday and spent most of last night playing around with it.  However, I've been unable to find a way to change the very dark blue text color of the tabs and other UI components that use the same dark blue color.  I can hardly see them because the color practically is invisible on my screen.  Also I have some other questions.

1.  Chat tab names I thought could be adjusted in the chat settings but I could not find anything for that text color...only the color of different toon classes.  

2.  I could not find any way to disable the player bars except to change it to classic color.  I much prefer using Bliz's player portraits and raid setup.

3.  Could not find a search function on this UI config menu.

4.  Could not find the grid setup to adjust other UI elements.

I was looking for an actual written write up to find some of the elements I wanted to change or disable.  Any help would be appreciated.  (Note:  I've already posted to their webpage for help, but no response yet).

On 7/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, Blainie said:

Perhaps try extracting to a separate folder first then moving it across?

I had this same problem, so I found a video someone posted showing how to install it, as well as some setup information.  I ended up downloading this to my desktop and extracting it on my desktop instead of where I would normally done it.  

Because it creates an Interface folder with an addon folder inside, I just copied the Interface folder extracted to my desktop over into my WoW folder to replace the one already there.

But I changed the name of my initial Interface folder to "Old-Interface" so it would not be overwritten by the new one.  This also helps if you want to revert back should you not like this UI setup.

Here is the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy3DDm3yKTA

Edited by Friedbones
  • Like 1

Hey , Nice work for starters liking it alot .

Now for my question , Where do i change the button position for hiding the minimap from the side to either the top or the bottom ?

i like having my mini map right over my action bars which leaves me with a vertical bar when i hide it ^^.

18 hours ago, Shamething said:

Hey , Nice work for starters liking it alot .

Now for my question , Where do i change the button position for hiding the minimap from the side to either the top or the bottom ?

i like having my mini map right over my action bars which leaves me with a vertical bar when i hide it ^^.

Judging by the writers replies on WoWInterface, you'll need to manually change it. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but you can ask the creator here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21263-AltzUIforLegion.html

On 10/16/2017 at 7:50 PM, Uberzerk said:

Is there a built in focus keybind with this UI? If I shift + left click on mouse it focuses the target. I don't see a keybind for it anywhere.

Not that I know of, no. 

Love the UI. Really cool, and thanks for putting it together. One big wish: absolutely need a way to copy the basic placement settings across specs. I noticed, much to my chagrin when setting this up for 30 something alts, that healing specs cannot import the exported settings from any other specs. Had to completely redo the layout manually after putting in quite a bit of time setting it up. 

I did notice that if you take the time to set up healing and dps lay out on a class that can do both (druid, monk, pally, for example) you can just copy the Altz UI.lua file into the character saved variable folder and save some time.

But yeah, an easier way to get you basic layout copied across all characters would be icing on the cake for this UI.