FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vossi

Frost Mage Stat Weights

Good evening, everyone!

I am already aware of the general stat priority for frost mages, but I can't seem to find decent weights for each individual stat. According to a friend of mine, critical strike seems to be MUCH more powerful than intellect or haste - so much that I find it hard to believe.

Also, the official frost mage guide mentions a mastery-heavy gear setup for some kind of Glacial Spike build. Is there a stat priority (with weights, if possible) for this version? Is it viable?

Hey Vossi, welcome to Icy-Veins :)

Let me explain the difference between stat priority and stat weights:

Priority
This is the general guideline of the stats that you should follow, when you're looking for gear. Most guides are only listing the priority to give a rough starting point which stat is the best for you.

Weights
These are the real values of how much a point of stat X is worth for you as player, in your current state. These values are different for nearly every player, because they differ with every gearchange. Imagine: You're just stacking CRIT, but these is a major "softcap" of HASTE you have to reach. Your weights would tell you to get HASTE>CRIT. Another player already reached this softcap, so he should stack CRIT>HASTE (just as an example).

So you just "can't" take the weight from another player, because they have different gear. To obtain YOUR stat weights, you have to simcraft yourself and activate the "scaling option". And this should be done frequently, because with changes of your gear your weights are changing as well :)

Hopefully this gave some clarity! :)

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 11:59 PM, Vossi said:

Also, the official frost mage guide mentions a mastery-heavy gear setup for some kind of Glacial Spike build. Is there a stat priority (with weights, if possible) for this version? Is it viable?

Sorry, but I can't help you with that. Moreover I don't know if simcraft is supporting this build (yet).

On 1/18/2017 at 11:59 PM, Vossi said:

According to a friend of mine, critical strike seems to be MUCH more powerful than intellect or haste - so much that I find it hard to believe.

Just found this in a Frosted guide on altered-time: Single target
S60G6hZ.png

So yes, your friend was right, accourding to simcraft :)

Edited by Lily
  • Like 1

Hello, and thank you for the reply!

Yes, I was aware of the difference between priority and weights, but I didn't know how easily these values can change. Guess I'll just try to get my hands on as many crit+haste items as I can.

Cheers!