FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Maekoerz

Help with Subtlety

I rolled a Rogue for Nighthold, since our guild needed one and i really like the class. Started playing as Outlaw but thought i'd need a spec which is good on single target fights. Played some Assasination but i got kinda "bored" of it, so i decided to give sub a try. I was in love with the spec. I played it in our farm run tonight (last En/TOV raid before we raid nighthold) and i was last place in Dps. I mainly think it's me playing the spec wrong. I asked in the rogue discord though i couldn't get help with this.

Here are the logs:

I'm rakasabi in those logs.

EN:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VAgvJztQNcp2BDTa

TOV:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HvYTp3LdBZb21DRz

8 hours ago, Pandacho said:

Moved to the class forum for more chances to get an answer :)

Thanks Panda :)

13 hours ago, Maekoerz said:

I rolled a Rogue for Nighthold, since our guild needed one and i really like the class. Started playing as Outlaw but thought i'd need a spec which is good on single target fights. Played some Assasination but i got kinda "bored" of it, so i decided to give sub a try. I was in love with the spec. I played it in our farm run tonight (last En/TOV raid before we raid nighthold) and i was last place in Dps. I mainly think it's me playing the spec wrong. I asked in the rogue discord though i couldn't get help with this.

Here are the logs:

I'm rakasabi in those logs.

EN:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VAgvJztQNcp2BDTa

TOV:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HvYTp3LdBZb21DRz

There's a few big issues:

1) Your Nightblade uptime is, with only a couple exceptions, hovering around the 80% mark. It should really be as close to 100% as possible.

2) Your Symbols of Death uptime is usually better, although there's room for improvement

3) I don't see any damage from Soul Rip in your logs, which shows that you don't have the single best trait for damage output from your weapon. You'll pick it up eventually though so don't sweat it too much, it's just a reason that your damage is so low

Overall I'd say just practice the spec some more. It takes some time to get used to the feeling of it and be able to play it by instinct. Work on getting your uptimes higher; if you're looking for some weakauras or something to help you, there's a stickied thread here with ones that I use

So , Carrn. What would you recommend? To raise specialization in subtlety or outlaw? (For second specialization) Taking into account the tier set that nighthold drops?.

Carrn, I have around 33 traits in my weapon, thats why i'm so concerned about my dmg output. The Nightblade and Symbole of Death uptime is something i noticed, and i will try to improve on that.

19 hours ago, Maekoerz said:

Carrn, I have around 33 traits in my weapon, thats why i'm so concerned about my dmg output. The Nightblade and Symbole of Death uptime is something i noticed, and i will try to improve on that.

Just practice. Getting that Nightblade uptime closer to 100% will be a pretty big boost to damage.

Make sure you're using the correct relics as well; the highest item level ones are not always better.

If you're able to get some more logs this week, post them and we can have a look at how much you improve

19 hours ago, Vdeku said:

So , Carrn. What would you recommend? To raise specialization in subtlety or outlaw? (For second specialization) Taking into account the tier set that nighthold drops?.

All 3 specs do effectively the same amount of damage, and the difference really lies in the playstyle of each individual spec and which legendaries you pick up.

Personally I'm running Sub and Outlaw as my main two. Sub's toolkit is fantastic for a number of different situations, and the mobility given by Shadowstrike is not only really useful but amazingly fun. To be honest there really aren't any situations where I would not play Sub; it has good damage on single target, sustained cleave, and is the only one of the 3 specs that has a strong AoE burst ability

• Like 1