FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mmowin

Are you stacking master for BoS spec?

Sup everyone. I'm testing out BoS and was wondering should I be stacking as much mastery as possible for frost? I'm assuming we should be at like 25% crit, 21% haste, and then dumb everything into mastery is that a safe assumption?

Nah, stacking haste is much better, while I'm not sure on the Crit vs mastery or vers vs mastery. Haste far out weighs mastery in my opinion, allows for more consistent BoS and not having to either get lucky or have empower runic weapon up to get a good BoS.

13 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Nah, stacking haste is much better, while I'm not sure on the Crit vs mastery or vers vs mastery. Haste far out weighs mastery in my opinion, allows for more consistent BoS and not having to either get lucky or have empower runic weapon up to get a good BoS.

Wait what? I thought mastery increased all our frost damage like breath, frost strike, remorseless winter etc.

It does, but like the same could be said for a lot of specs. Haste is better because lets just say you could have 1% haste or 1% mastery, well that's only 1% more damage on breathe where as 1% haste could get you 1-10 more seconds of breathe which is way more than 1% more damage. With that said I know that's not always perfect explanation just a possible example.

I did some simcrafting and After Strength i got Haste>Crit>=Vers>Mastery. I was a bit shocked because I figured BoS would benefit from mastery but after testing - i got a higher uptime and burst with what Simcraft showed. Take it for what its worth and tryout different stuff

9 hours ago, Dreadshyn said:

I did some simcrafting and After Strength i got Haste>Crit>=Vers>Mastery. I was a bit shocked because I figured BoS would benefit from mastery but after testing - i got a higher uptime and burst with what Simcraft showed. Take it for what its worth and tryout different stuff

Are you already at the recommended stat points for Crit (25%) and Haste (20%)?

When I sim my character I get Crit > Haste > Mastery > Vers. That being said I'm only at 15% crit so I'm wondering If I have a higher stat weight for crit because it is so low.

I was already over 25% crit when i started simming. With my gear it has me at 25% haste - 26% Crit and 40%. I have my 2 pc set bonus and upgraded Legendary neck