Spacehopper317 1 Report post Posted August 5, 2013 So.....I have recently come back to wow and there have been a few changes to my be-loved Resto Dudu!! I have seen a few different builds flying around most of which have 1 main difference. Incarnation Vs SoTF. Now before I stopped playing for a while I always used Incarnation as I found it to be more beneficial to me. BUT...since I have come back I have heard a continual argument of people saying that SoTF has since out weights incarnation and is better. I wanted to get some more thoughts on this. Is SoTF better? Is it better on some fights or at a higher/lower ilvl? Any feed back would be much appreciated by myself and I would hope some others that may have the same question on there minds. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Xinto 18 Report post Posted August 5, 2013 So I use Incarnation, its really good for burst and/or mana conservation. That said, looking at https://www.icy-veins.com/restoration-druid-wow-pve-healing-spec-builds-talents-glyphs ... I can see SoTF being a very good general throughput spell is used correctly. So overall, if you can use the spells as you intend to, it is purely down to fight mechanics and what is required for each fight. Neither will be a bad or dumb choice. Just potentially not optimal if used right. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Krazyito 521 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 IMO, SotF is very weak because its only really useful when charging up Wild Growth, but on top of that it restricts your cooldown usage. I never want to be restricted in using SM or WG because the other is on CD, it just makes for clunky play. I feel if i don't use SM and WG on CD then I'm just not using them effectively. Another reason is because if you decide to switch between the two for different fights, then you're stuck with a weird haste breakpoint when you switch out to Incarnation instead of having that wasted haste go to mastery. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ClaytonMcKown 4 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 IMO, SotF is very weak because its only really useful when charging up Wild Growth, but on top of that it restricts your cooldown usage. I never want to be restricted in using SM or WG because the other is on CD, it just makes for clunky play. I feel if i don't use SM and WG on CD then I'm just not using them effectively. Another reason is because if you decide to switch between the two for different fights, then you're stuck with a weird haste breakpoint when you switch out to Incarnation instead of having that wasted haste go to mastery. hate to burst your bubble but sotf has many uses. incarnation, its really good for burst healing but i have found that it really bad on mana conservation. next patch sotf is getting buffed to 100% haste. over all i found that i used sotf more and more. try a 2 sec tranquilty. try a 1 sec healing touch. over all it way more usefull then incantion. and it not just usefull for wg. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nemo 29 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 I would love to pick SotF, but there are just so many fights with hardcore burst phases, where ToL really shines. Once you get into the rythm SotF stops feeling clunky and starts sky rocketting your hps. I really like, I just can't settle for only one major cooldown. How about those treants? Anybody used them with good results? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Spacehopper317 1 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 I have heard trents is well....crap!! Its something I am planning to try in out next raid as its something that has interested me but I can only imagine it been very bad unless the trents heal for a decent amount. Does SoTF work with lifebloom? I can only imagine a perm LB with + 75% haste on a tank would be unbelievable, espcially if refreshing with Nourish/RG would keep the haste buff..? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ClaytonMcKown 4 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 I would love to pick SotF, but there are just so many fights with hardcore burst phases, where ToL really shines. Once you get into the rythm SotF stops feeling clunky and starts sky rocketting your hps. I really like, I just can't settle for only. How about those treants? Anybody used them with good results? one major cooldown? what are you talking about? and yes I have used them there ok they cast healing touch and swiftment. on where there standing over all it can be a nice for group healing Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ClaytonMcKown 4 Report post Posted August 6, 2013 I have heard trents is well....crap!! Its something I am planning to try in out next raid as its something that has interested me but I can only imagine it been very bad unless the trents heal for a decent amount. Does SoTF work with lifebloom? I can only imagine a perm LB with + 75% haste on a tank would be unbelievable, espcially if refreshing with Nourish/RG would keep the haste buff..? but I have found it it work with tranquility wild growth. healing touch and regrowth. I don't think it dose but I know it work with wg, tranquility, regrowth, and healing trouch Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Spacehopper317 1 Report post Posted August 7, 2013 That's a real shame, I think if it effected LB it would be a lot more appealing to many people. Saying that I had a little mess around with SoTF this morning and it did seem quite appealing for some fights that are more healing intensive over the fight. Rather then fights where burst healing is needed. I would be interested to see any logs that anyone might have showing the difference between Incarnation, SoTF and Trents. Just to compare the numbers. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Spacehopper317 1 Report post Posted August 7, 2013 one major cooldown? what are you talking about? and yes I have used them there ok they cast healing touch and swiftment. on where there standing over all it can be a nice for group healing Where you say they cast it where they are standing over. You mean swiftmend? So potentially trents would be handy for fights where the raid needs to stack? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Etruscian 0 Report post Posted August 18, 2013 (edited) I'm personally more of a SOTF kind of guy. It used to work on lifebloom, if you apply the 3rd stack with the haste buff and keep refreshing it via nourish/regrowth/healing touch. Not sure how that is right now, will have to do some testing. It did give extreme lifebloom numbers. I once had it as #2 healing spell on a 10m normal without doing something other than usual. The treants are nice with the T15-2piece. However, I never really found use for them. You need all three for a burst comparable with SOTF+glyphed WG so I ended up using them as filler healing spells in periods of moderate raid damage. Incarnation is a cooldown you need to use before the big damage occurs, otherwise you'll drain your mana really fast. I aim to have at least 8/10 with a stack of lifebloom when the damage occurs, then pop a WG and keep spreading the LBs and free regrowths. I usually switch them on a fight per fight basis. Incarnation is really nice at jin-rokh, while SOTF provides that sustained bonus with horridon (although the treants could also work here). At council, I usually pick either Incarnation or SOTF, depends on the raid awareness of the team, etc. In conclusion: Incarnation provides the highest burst healing but needs preperation. Treants are nice if it's a grouped up fight with no real heavy damage. SOTF has a lot of versatility. It provides burst, high sustained healing (used to be so, still have to check) and fast cc. It depends on the fight which one you need. Edited August 20, 2013 by Etruscian Share this post Link to post Share on other sites