FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SyncTrizon

WW - How does Chi Wave work?

Greetings!

I'm starting to practice using Chi Wave over Eye of the Tiger. But it feels... odd. It seems like I have to be exactly next to the enemy for it to work and bounce, but even then it won't bounce sometimes. I can understand Windwalker is a pure melee dps and Chi Wave not being ranged is fine, but it just feels like it doesn't do anything, at close range and (understandable) midrange.

Is there something I'm doing wrong by chance? Or perhaps a tip on how/when to use Chi wave?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, SyncTrizon said:

Greetings!

I'm starting to practice using Chi Wave over Eye of the Tiger. But it feels... odd. It seems like I have to be exactly next to the enemy for it to work and bounce, but even then it won't bounce sometimes. I can understand Windwalker is a pure melee dps and Chi Wave not being ranged is fine, but it just feels like it doesn't do anything, at close range and (understandable) midrange.

Is there something I'm doing wrong by chance? Or perhaps a tip on how/when to use Chi wave?

Thanks!

You don't have to be directly next to them, but its bounce range is certainly much closer than its cast range; you can cast it within 40 yards, but it will only bounce within 25.

Basically what happens is that it be thrown at your initial target, then choose a nearby friendly target to bounce to, before returning to another enemy and another friend. It repeats this pattern of enemy-friend-enemy-friend until it runs out of bounces; it can hit the same target more than once, but it will not target more than 1 of each 'type' in a row (such as enemy-enemy or friend-friend).

You might not always see it bouncing around if it doesn't return to you, but it will be bouncing around someplace so long as it has targets to redirect off

2 hours ago, XXXiexie said:

Just be careful with it like any AoE when you don't want to pull something by mistake because that thing does bounce a ways.   

Chi wave won't bounce to something you aren't in combat with unless it's the initial target.  It's how you can stack HC up to 3 (or more if you're a Blood Elf) before a boss pull.