Boogal

Looking for an Arms coach

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Boogal/simple
17 traits
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21010315/10/#metric=bossdps

My DPS is really comically low. These logs are old and I hadn't read the compendium at the time, but even after doing that I can't stay above like 160k on target dummies. Simcraft is telling me I should be pushing close to 300k, and the people in the Warrior discord tell me that I should be able to get pretty close to those numbers.

So can someone just come meet me in Skyhold and help me out or something? I've read about the rotation, and had people tell me it, but I just need someone to like see what I'm doing wrong or something.

I'm Boogal on Emerald Dream US, horde side. Send me a whisper or reply here I guess.

Good morning, Boogal.

I'm going to give you some observances in a bullet format. If any of these do not make sense or you wish to have further clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

• "17 traits" doesn't really tell me much. I'm not sure which path you spent those 17 traits. If you did it correctly, it means you have Shattered Defenses, Corrupted Blood of Zakajz, and you're heading toward Focus in Battle. Looking through the logs you provided I see the Shattered Defenses buff but I do not see Zakajz so this leads me to believe you spent points in the wrong direction.
  • Looking over your logs I couldn't help but notice that your tier 60 talent is Defensive Stance. While I did not see the buff actually applied during combat, you should note that, while active, it's a 10% damage reduction to you. Instead of using Defensive Stance you should be using Bounding Stride.
  • Your item level during those logs were also below 840 - the first few encounters being as low as 826. With your gear now, being 855, you might be able to touch 300K (depending on how far along you are now in your artifact) but I seriously doubt it.

Never use SimulationCraft to see where your DPS numbers should be. SimCraft is used as a stat weight tool and item comparison tool. DPS readouts are assuming (depending on the settings you have) that you are standing still, behind the target, never moving, have all buffs (food, flask, rune, potion(s), and hero), have an execute phase, and never make a mistake. Testing and comparing to a dummy - you'll never see those numbers, let alone in a real encounter where you're moving, having to switch targets, avoiding mechanics, down time, making mistakes, missing buffs, etc. You see the problem when comparing Simcraft to what you're actually doing?
  • You're not using the Focused-Rage talent build. Any build outside of this, when it comes to raiding, will be sub-par when it comes to Arms. It's not an easy build to maintain but it's definitely the best performing one. This point, at this time, is probably the least of your concerns, however.
  • Your trinkets in the logs were horrible and your trinkets that the armory reflects really aren't the best, either. One is a stat stick and one is for tanks. While this won't magically fix your numbers, appropriate trinkets will help.

========================

At this point I would advise the following:

• Research your class and spec that you want to play with. Use guides here on Icy Veins. There's a Discord channel for Warriors (although it can be toxic most of the time), MMO-Champion, etc. There's plenty of guides out there and available. Read them and learn them. You'll need to understand stat priorities, rotation mechanics, and what you're looking for in respects to gear when you enter a raid.
  • Start with the basics when you raid; understand mechanics and come prepared: stat food, flasks, potions, runes. While individually they may not make your numbers magically higher, combined they will be a significant portion of your damage done. Not dying and staying consistent in your (correct) spec and rotation will significantly improve your performance.
  • Practice. Practice. Practice some more. When you're done, take a break, and then come back and practice some more. Use logs to review mistakes, learn, and practice some more. (This is why we have target dummies in Skyhold and other locations.)

I hope this helps get you started in the right direction. As stated; if you have any questions or other clarifications don't hesitate to ask.

although it wouldn't explain the difference between sim and reality, at a quick glance, your mastery is super low.  I am around your same ilvl with 82% mastery.  huge difference there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By blackempire
      Wazzup this is my first forum post and stuff and im wondering what you think it the best talent to go for!
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. Our raiders know when to goof around and when to be serious.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      (forgive the Pandaran background - web designer is on a looooong break)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance further through Heroic Tos and onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:
      We are a very active guild with events on most days for example:

Wed: Day of Reset
      Thurs: TOS Heroic
      Fri: Mythic + night
      Sat: TOS N
      Sun: Gear up sunday + TOS Heroic
      Mon: NH HC
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Wierra
      Hi, so I'd like to think that have got the fury rotation down, I've been using the Icy veins guide and some pointers from MMO-Champion. I don't think I have any big issues apart from the BC with CoF trinket, like if it's worth waiting for other cooldowns like OF to be up with BC, that's my main question. 
      So I have linked my logs for some PuG raiding the other week, so if someone is up for the task of analyzing them for me, that'd be great. Sorry if my sentences are wrong or weird, I'm really hungover... 

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/wierra
      Log Normal ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WzPkRG2HXnrv8qwb#source=13&fight=1&view=analytical&type=damage-done
      ( In Goroth Normal, you will see some downtime in the middle of the fight. I got disconnected that is the answer:/ )
      Log Heroic ToS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1R3Gya6VCTJFYtfm#source=11&type=damage-done

Thanks, this is my first post here so if I'm missing anything please comment! :)