Boogal

Looking for an Arms coach

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Boogal/simple
17 traits
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21010315/10/#metric=bossdps

My DPS is really comically low. These logs are old and I hadn't read the compendium at the time, but even after doing that I can't stay above like 160k on target dummies. Simcraft is telling me I should be pushing close to 300k, and the people in the Warrior discord tell me that I should be able to get pretty close to those numbers.

So can someone just come meet me in Skyhold and help me out or something? I've read about the rotation, and had people tell me it, but I just need someone to like see what I'm doing wrong or something.

I'm Boogal on Emerald Dream US, horde side. Send me a whisper or reply here I guess.

Good morning, Boogal.

I'm going to give you some observances in a bullet format. If any of these do not make sense or you wish to have further clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

• "17 traits" doesn't really tell me much. I'm not sure which path you spent those 17 traits. If you did it correctly, it means you have Shattered Defenses, Corrupted Blood of Zakajz, and you're heading toward Focus in Battle. Looking through the logs you provided I see the Shattered Defenses buff but I do not see Zakajz so this leads me to believe you spent points in the wrong direction.
  • Looking over your logs I couldn't help but notice that your tier 60 talent is Defensive Stance. While I did not see the buff actually applied during combat, you should note that, while active, it's a 10% damage reduction to you. Instead of using Defensive Stance you should be using Bounding Stride.
  • Your item level during those logs were also below 840 - the first few encounters being as low as 826. With your gear now, being 855, you might be able to touch 300K (depending on how far along you are now in your artifact) but I seriously doubt it.

Never use SimulationCraft to see where your DPS numbers should be. SimCraft is used as a stat weight tool and item comparison tool. DPS readouts are assuming (depending on the settings you have) that you are standing still, behind the target, never moving, have all buffs (food, flask, rune, potion(s), and hero), have an execute phase, and never make a mistake. Testing and comparing to a dummy - you'll never see those numbers, let alone in a real encounter where you're moving, having to switch targets, avoiding mechanics, down time, making mistakes, missing buffs, etc. You see the problem when comparing Simcraft to what you're actually doing?
  • You're not using the Focused-Rage talent build. Any build outside of this, when it comes to raiding, will be sub-par when it comes to Arms. It's not an easy build to maintain but it's definitely the best performing one. This point, at this time, is probably the least of your concerns, however.
  • Your trinkets in the logs were horrible and your trinkets that the armory reflects really aren't the best, either. One is a stat stick and one is for tanks. While this won't magically fix your numbers, appropriate trinkets will help.

========================

At this point I would advise the following:

• Research your class and spec that you want to play with. Use guides here on Icy Veins. There's a Discord channel for Warriors (although it can be toxic most of the time), MMO-Champion, etc. There's plenty of guides out there and available. Read them and learn them. You'll need to understand stat priorities, rotation mechanics, and what you're looking for in respects to gear when you enter a raid.
  • Start with the basics when you raid; understand mechanics and come prepared: stat food, flasks, potions, runes. While individually they may not make your numbers magically higher, combined they will be a significant portion of your damage done. Not dying and staying consistent in your (correct) spec and rotation will significantly improve your performance.
  • Practice. Practice. Practice some more. When you're done, take a break, and then come back and practice some more. Use logs to review mistakes, learn, and practice some more. (This is why we have target dummies in Skyhold and other locations.)

I hope this helps get you started in the right direction. As stated; if you have any questions or other clarifications don't hesitate to ask.

although it wouldn't explain the difference between sim and reality, at a quick glance, your mastery is super low.  I am around your same ilvl with 82% mastery.  huge difference there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS. We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 5/11 Mythic Antorus. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15 PM until 12:15 AM Eastern. Currently, our main goal is to push Mythic progression & finish out the raid before next patch, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us, because we will not be doing Heroic or anything like that.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated. In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      As far as classes are concerned, at this time, we do not have ANY rogues, DPS warriors, havoc DH, or wind walkers.
      If you are interested, add me to battle tag and we will talk (violentravi#1826), I will accept mostly anyone who wants to be a bench or casual, but for raiding purposes, you must be able to provide logs.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Ayriea
      Last Pull is a progression focused mythic raiding guild located on the US Cenarius realm. Founded in February 2007, Last Pull has been raiding high end content, not missing a single tier, since the early days of Burning Crusade
      Like any progress guild, we put an emphasis on performance and creating a roster that will succeed in even the toughest content, but we put just as much value on fostering a strong, respectful, and stable community where our raiders can feel at home. We feel this combination of ideals is the secret that has kept our guild both stable and successful.

Recruitment Needs
      We are currently looking to fill 1 DPS and an exceptional healer to our roster. Please see below for the classes we're looking for.
      - Warlock
      - Mage
      - Shadow Priest
      - Boomkin / Resto Druid
      - Elemental / Enhancement Shaman
      - Windwalker / Mistweaver Monk
      - Rogue
      - Death Knight
      - Demon Hunter
      If we are not looking for your class, feel free to apply as we will happily make exceptions for great players. Our primary goal is to find players who will fit in well with our community and have an eye on constant improvement. 

Raiding Schedule
      Tues/Wed/Thurs
      7-10 PM server time (PST)
      Raid invites go out 15 mins before raid time. 

There is an optional alt raid on Saturdays where we clear normal Antorus and some heroic bosses if people are interested. 

Progression
      We raid Tues/Weds/Thurs from 7 to 10 pm pacific time.
      - 7/11 Mythic Antorus 
      - 7/9 Mythic TOS
      - 6/10 Mythic NH

Contact Us
      Interested in checking us out?
      Visit our discord at https://discord.gg/W6UYdvu
      Check out our website at http://www.lastpull.com
      Officers Battle.net - Slimey42#0202 / Illestra#1465 / Avandar#1669
      Officers Discord - Illestra#3916 / Avandar#6729
    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which semi-recently transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some shit.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are in need of any competent DPS, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun, casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented focus to finish heroic in current content.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Dregger
      Hi, i have just tried out some Antorus bosses in mythic and i saw, that my logs are so.... 
      In heroic difficulty my logs are better. So I have no idea, what am I doing wrong there... As I am doing the same thing, only with a bit more tactics...
      Can anybody give some tips, on this matter?
      Wow logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ревущии-фьорд/дреггер?spec=Unholy