FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sprx

Raid comp for ToT. 4 ranged and 1 melee.

Hi there forum community. I am a new raid leader soon to be starting my friends in ToT. I personally am 8/12 normal, but my guildies are all new to the content. These are all close, personal friends I mine.

My question is would we be able to progress with 4 ranged DPS and only one melee DPS?

The DPS side of the raid comp is looking like as follows:

Frost Mage

Destro Lock

Ele shaman

Survival Hunter

Fury Warrior or Ret Pally

This was not my original intention but my hunter friend doesn't have any throne ready alts.

I can not see this being a problem but my be wrong. Any input would be appreciated.

Melee are almost never preferred except in heavy interrupt scenarios.  It will almost always be ranged > melee.

What do you mean about not your original intention and the hunter doesn't have a viable alt?

You have got me curious!

Also while looking at raid comp, what buffs are going to be missing? (if any)

Might need the hunter to go taming if they can't already cover those.

Edited by Xinto

That's pretty much my guild's exact comp:

Comp is:

Ret Pally

BM Huntah

Frost Mage

Destro/Demo Lock

Ele shaman

We're currently 11/12, and it's nice because we aren't missing any raid buffs.

Hope that helped.

What do you mean about not your original intention and the hunter doesn't have a viable alt?

You have got me curious!

Also while looking at raid comp, what buffs are going to be missing? (if any)

Might need the hunter to go taming if they can't already cover those.

What I meant as my original intention was to have 2 tanks, 3 heals, 2 melee, and 3 ranged. My hunter friend has played the game since LK and never capped another toon aside from the hunter lol. He doesn't like alts.

Concerning the rest of the raid comp aside from DPS we have a monk healer, priest heals, holy pally, and warrior tank. Hoping to get a brewmaster or blood DK for the last tank spot. Been using MMO-Champions raid comp utility to check for adequate buffs and interrupts ect.

Thanks for all your input guys. I was pretty sure that having 4 ranged would be okay considering the fight mechanics on ToT but I like having an outside opinion.

Indeed ToT does favor range so you're all fine and dandy with that setup.

Also, one thing to note if youre running 3 healers is that many fights can (and should, imo) be 2 healed, so have the healers keep their offspec somewhat up to date aswell. If your priest is disc then this can be offset a little bit by having him and the monk do atonement/eminence healing on the more healing lax fights.

As for the tank choice, I wouldn't pass on a Protadin if you'd happen to find one. They're in a really good place right now and bring great utility on top of that. The only downside would be for your possible Ret, since many Prots like haste too, which will have them competing for gear. Not saying that DKs or Monks are bad choices either :D