FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwaycia

Fire mage stats and dps

Hey,

I recently got some new cool gear, but I have to admit I'm not really satisfied with how my dps changed. I got an additional 9% crit, a few ilvls and a better legendary and I can hardly see any improvement with the dps. I was just aiming for as much crit as possible, but now I'm wondering if it actually is the best idea. Without food I have almost 61.5% crit (16171), but obviously it made my other stats quite low (4329 = 11.54% haste, 2442 = 10.58% mastery, 1664 = 3.5% versatility). Should I sacrifice some crit for other stats? What dps should I expect with such gear? (no idea how to do any simulations)

I'm speaking about single target dps only. 

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Gwaycía/simple (the head is 940, no idea why it shows 910) 

Cheers!

Oh, btw. I can provide some logs if needed. 

Edited by Gwaycia

Hey. I imported your character on simcraft, your character's average DPS on ST is around 500k. Might be slightly more, since I put the slightly lagging internet connection option that I am using for my sims (because I am always slightly lagging hehe).

Your stat weights look like this:

PnbAqrV.png

NV9jka1.png

Haste does gain more value with the Scorch belt and you do have quite a lot of Crit indeed, so the results aren't surprising. I would also invest on a bit more Mastery, your Vers is in a good spot.

Talent-wise, I think that even with the legendary helmet Flame On is better than Alexstrasza's Fury on single target, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Imo the weakest point in your gear at the moment is your trinkets. Wriggling Sinew has lost its value post-patch and the Horrorslime - while a good trinket - is slightly low level. Have you hoarded any other trinkets? If you want to, you can purchase a Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire; otherwise just wait to get trinkets from the Nighthold. I didn't bother checking your relics.

If you want anything else, you can provide logs too.