FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ch1zra

Zunimassa question

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding Zunimassa set bonuses:

1. 4 piece bonus passive:

• You and your pets take 3% less damage for every Fetish you have alive.

"Fetish" - does this include skill only, or do Sycophants also count?

1a Subquestion: can we get extra fetishes from both passive and belt of transcendence, or do they cancel out each other?

2. 6 piece bonus

• Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 1500% increased damage from your pets for 8 seconds.

Does this include all pets (fetishes, sycophants, gargs, zdogs) ?

Hey @ch1zra

10 hours ago, ch1zra said:

1. 4 piece bonus passive:

• You and your pets take 3% less damage for every Fetish you have alive.

"Fetish" - does this include skill only, or do Sycophants also count?

Both skill and Sycophants count so all 23 Fetishes (Highest total) will provide the bonus in total so you get 69%.
This being said, 69% sounds high for dmg reduction but unless it's paired with Harvester+Lakumba it is still not much. The Poison Dart build for Zuni is crazy squishy.

"1a Subquestion: can we get extra fetishes from both passive and belt of transcendence, or do they cancel out each other?"

Transcendence and Sycophants share it's total so you can still not get more than 15 regardless of your choice.

10 hours ago, ch1zra said:

2. 6 piece bonus

• Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 1500% increased damage from your pets for 8 seconds.

Does this include all pets (fetishes, sycophants, gargs, zdogs) ?

Yeap, but the Helltooth set is much better for Gargs overall and you should keep in mind that the only way to increase your dmg for fetishes other than the set and Enforcer gem is to go the Carnevil/Poison Dart path.

Thanks a lot for the clarifying answer. As for gargs/fetishes damage increase, I am theorycrafting on build that combines both Zunimassa and Helltooth, getting damage reduction from both set bonuses (active number of fetishes from Zuni, and Necrosis constantly applied via pets (zdogs included as well)).

It looks like this: http://www.d3planner.com/287692564

Interchangeable items (for better rolls owned) would be helm, chest, gloves, pants and boots, since unique slots are taken by ring and mojo (zuni) and shoulders (helltooth).

So this build would have all pets possible (well except spider queen :P) :
- 8 regular fetishes
- 15 sycophants
- 3 gargantuans
- 5 zombie dogs

It would also get both sets damage reduction, Piranhado procced Strongarms, Necrosis DoT, and zuni boosted all pet damage.

I just have to farm up gear and give it a try, because for now it's all still just an idea.

Any thoughts?

I think I understand what you are trying to achieve and it could be a fun "zoo"-build for a while but without the dagger of darts+carnevil+kukri and lots of +dart dmg and poison the fetishes will do absolutely nothing in a GR50+, even with sacred harvester combo.

The other problem is that normal fetishes are physical dmg, the only viable garg dmg is cold and the poison darts are just that, poison so you won't reach any viable dmg mixing all that together.

I love zoo ideas myself, it's one of the reason I made WD my main but to be viable in Diablo you can't mix dmg types that much even if the set helps a bit.

Idea is actually to max cold damage for zdogs and gargs, and to have fetishes only as a meatshield and to boost up zuni damage reduction.

There are no darts in my version of this, only direct damaging spell is Piranhado, and that one is used more as utility for grouping for max cleave from gargs, and also to proc zuni 6pc bonus.

So you just want to be unkillable? Because while you won't die as easily, your damage is suffering a lot.

1. "Mana spender" for the zuni set and pirnado got 16sec CD and the zuni effect last 8.
2.  Zuni ring makes you lose 100% dmg bonus from Endless Walk set
3. Gloves are replacing Tasker and Theo which is a major part of Gargantuan dmg
4. The Kukri is giving BBV which "only" increase dmg with 15% while the attack speed is less than what Tasker and Theo would provide.
5. This also leads to the lack of 30% extra int which is massive in the later stage (GR70+) because there is no Sacred Harvester/Lakumba.
6. No Spirit Walk, this is a huge loss to any Witch Doctor, especially since we are talking about survivability.

In the end, the Zuni isn't worth it because the Wall of Death with spirit rune provides a healthy 25% dmg reduction while you get the 100% armor increase from Soul Harvest and added all resist. Adding the Lakumba dmg reduction all gives equal if not more survivability than 4piece zuni. Going the classic Helltooth Garg in the end provides both more survivability and dmg and all you get is a wall of Fetishes that won't deal any significant damage.

I hope you can prove me wrong past the bigger GRs but by theorycrafting only I have to say the pros are not justifying the cons in my eyes.

Edited by Arkpit