FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Abru

Assasin Rogue - Missing DPS somewhere.

My link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Abrumelin/simple

I have raided since just before WOLTK I took a hiatus the past 4 months or so and am trying to catch my gear up to get into TOT and be able to hold my own.

Single person dps I hit about 95k on a boss. 

Two questions.

What am i missing? and, When I get the 2 peice bonus set do you use your finishing move at 4 or go the full 5 cp's to get a longer envenom thus helping keep it up with 3 Mutilates per envenom?

Question 1 I will elaborate and say this.  I try and get greedy with how many mutilates I get in per envenom.  So at times I get 2 and envenonm runs out but im short by one CP for a full 5 cp envenom.  Sometimes I get three and thats great. 

Should I a) :Just I do two envenoms and then just pool energy till envenom hits less than a sec left? if so, what if I only have 4 cp's?

Am I hiurting myself by doing a 3rd envenom to get the last CP to get a full envenom?

My Rotation:

I open with Mut out of stealth.  If I get 3 or more CP's I Rupture if I get 2 I Snd.  Once I have those two buffs I pop vendetta and any trinkets with SB then use Mut (or any BS procs) to get 5 cp's and then envenom.  Rinse and repeeat till I can dispatch to death (obv. keeping rupture up and envenom)

AS you can see I only have 1 t15 trinket atm so I am still forged for Mastery.  Or should I goahead and switch to haste with just the one t15 trinket?

I use AskMrROBOT and Shadowcraft both say to stay mostly mastery.  bur shadowcraft says I should be pulling 107k. 

Am I in line with where I should be and pulling my heair out for no reason or am I missing something?

Any help will seriously alievieate my frustration.

Simulators are operating on the basis of no human error.  You will start to leap ahead in DPS considerably over the next few upgrades.  Doing 85k when you're simmed at 107k isn't a critical problem yet.  Once you have your 4 piece bonus, your damage during burn phases will become very intense, and you will feel much more powerful.

Without a log, I cannot correct problems with your rotation other than the questions you asked:

Two mutilates is the minimum you want to get in during each envenom.  Your 2 piece tier 15 will make this a lot simpler, making many more occasions where you get more.

You don't want to stray away from Mastery at all until you're quite geared and you have obtained your legendary meta.  Until then, mastery far outshines other ratings.  Otherwise, you seem to know what you're talking about, and I think you're trying to squeeze more dps out of a suit that simply needs some more power behind it.

Haste doesn't directly increase your dps. First before thinking of rppm trinkets, haste is pretty good stat already. Synergizes with your mastery so that more you have haste, better your mastery is and vice versa. Mastery still outshines by a lot. When you add the rppm-element you can start to think of haste as good stat because it's already one and it tries to eliminate bad rng from your trinkets and meta.

Now for the actual point. Even if you have geared haste>mastery>crit and you have 2 rppm trinkets and legendary meta it will only increase your dps in pure single target situation with no downtime at all and even then it needs pretty good rng. Matches like this are REALLY RARE since there is almost always some target changes, aoe, downtime on boss speech or anything. If you don't have match with no downtime, and no target switching going full haste lowers your dps. Gearing more mastery makes target switching easier and even in full single target you do around ~1k dps less which is really just so equal that you shouldn't go full haste.

Now that going just pure haste is eliminated you have really one choice. Going mastery=haste>crit. Mastery and haste work so well together. I like to keep my mastery a little higher than haste smile.png

I recently tested going 15k mastery and just 8k haste on my rogue and actually got no difference in doing single target with decent haste geared rng. But for actual point, my dps increased in every fight with target switching and all, and I'm loving it!

According to my testings full haste, full mastery and haste=mastery provide pretty equal single target and full mastery best when target switching and aoe. Haste=mastery is good in every situation.

Now for the rotation.

t15 2pc doesnt' change your rotation anyway. It just makes everything much easier. You should envenom at 4cp. Doing additional mutilate without envenom isn't worth it smile.png

Ohh and I don't see anything wrong with rotation. If shadowcraft says you "should" put out 107k, it means you do that in perfect situation which can't happen. Trinket rng can alter this. Hope I helped someway tongue.png

t15 2pc doesnt' change your rotation anyway. It just makes everything much easier. You should envenom at 4cp. Doing additional mutilate without envenom isn't worth it smile.png

It totally makes your rotation simpler by making high priority things like Envenom and Rupture last longer.

Thank you both very much.  You helped immensly.  I go banana's when something tells me im supposed to do more and then try every refrorge and rotation change to accomplish it with nothing happening. 

At least now I know I can stop sweating it get some more gear and know its not my skills.  I like to think I know what I'm doing just the extra reassurance is nice.

Again thank you.