FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
asdfasdf

891 Sin dps help

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Combine/simple

My NH Logs (Normal/Heroic): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10064800/latest/

I am running the Agonizing Poison build and run the Icy Veins suggested opener: (Garrote - Mutilate - Rupture - Mutilate to 5 - Vendetta / Vanish / 5 Rupture - Kingsbane - 5 CP Envenoms... etc. 

I have the 4 piece bonus and find myself at time still below my AP sin rogue raiding counterpart who lacks any tier gear. 

My comparison's logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10353377/latest

Looking for things that I could do better to round my dps up, I think I am doing it right... and that can be dangerous. 

If you're interested, you can also just watch me do some of the fights as I record them onto YouTube. If this is a more appealing way to monitor rotation/positioning. 

From there you can sift through the channel to find other NH fights. Please any suggestions or feedback to my dps would be amazing. 

Thank you! 

On 26/01/2017 at 8:49 AM, Combine said:

Alright well I looked through your logs from the 26th, and the only kill he did more damage than you on was Tich. 

Pretty much what happened is he got lucky as hell, in that Poison Bomb procced in the bat phase.

As for differences - while you have basically the same crit chance, you have 10% more Haste (a pretty useless stat) than he does, and he's got around 30% additional Mastery and 2k Agi than you do

You seem to be doing alright - work at keeping Envenom up 100% of the time that Kingsbane is running. Iron out the kinks in your bleed uptimes, get them a bit closer to 100%. Also don't forget to maintain Agonizing Poison stacks on your main target at all times - you can use the ranged knife throw to do that even if you're on a different target halfway across the room.

On a related note, swapping to Alacrity is great for add-heavy fights. Agonizing is really really terrible against adds.

• Like 1

Another thing to add to on Carrn is that not only is the mastery higher, etc. But look at the gear. Paoki is running Best In Slot wrists for assassins right now. BIS legendaries may seem minuscule but they can account for a lot of dps.

In addition to what Carrn has said, I would recommend ensuring you keep 100% uptime on Surge of Toxins during Vendetta - looks a little patchy right now. Also, as an alternative to Alacrity, I recommend simply switching to Deadly Poison mid fight. If you had done this on Spellblade Aluriel every time she cast animate and spawned adds you would have gained a minimum of 20m damage. Once the adds are mostly dead, switch back to Agonizing again. I also like to do this on Tichondrius in the Illusory Night phase.

On 1/27/2017 at 11:26 PM, Furty said:

In addition to what Carrn has said, I would recommend ensuring you keep 100% uptime on Surge of Toxins during Vendetta - looks a little patchy right now. Also, as an alternative to Alacrity, I recommend simply switching to Deadly Poison mid fight. If you had done this on Spellblade Aluriel every time she cast animate and spawned adds you would have gained a minimum of 20m damage. Once the adds are mostly dead, switch back to Agonizing again. I also like to do this on Tichondrius in the Illusory Night phase.

Just offering another vote that this switch helps greatly on spellblade (though I also had some very favorable poison bomb procs).  I also made the switch at the final phase of Botanist and it seemed to give a substantial boost to dps as well.  I attempted doing the same for the bat phase of Tichondrius, but the cleavers I think did away with these in short time before this was as effective as it would be with higher HP adds.  Just working on this rotation (vs. elaborate planning) last evening and while some glitches still exist for my own muscle memory of it and getting the surge/envenom timings down, it's a good deal of fun.