FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nurglino

[Retri] new to paladin, need some tips

Hello guys, I have some questions as I made a retri paladin.

First of all I'm simulating everything with simulationcraft.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Nurglino/simple

so here are my questions:

- Is it ok to use consecration? The simulation with it gives me much more dps, is it a bug or is it normal?

- Which trinkets should I get that are easy to farm at start? I was thinking something like EoC and FC

- When should I drop a increased Crusade duration relic in favor of an higher ilvl one? at +10 /15 ilvl maybe?

- My simulation gives me around 395k dps single target,I guess it's acceptable for my ilvl, isn't it?

For any other tips please let me know

I dropped the cloak which should be second best legendary. Simulationcraft keeps telling me that consecration is better even on single target. While the guide here on icy veins says to use final verdict. I do mostly mythic+.

You need to up your haste big time now with the lege cloak. Haste will no doubt be your top stat on SimC now. 

- Is it ok to use consecration? The simulation with it gives me much more dps, is it a bug or is it normal?

If you are pure single target fights in raids, then no, it will be a big dps loss. SimC talks about perfection. You need to Sim depending on type of fight, and even then its a perfect result, not real life. In short, Conc will be viable in high level M+ with other weaker aoe classes, especially with your crit. You have the cloak now though, so FV should be your go to talent. 

- Which trinkets should I get that are easy to farm at start? I was thinking something like EoC and FC

Just get the best if going to go for any. You already have FCM with decent ilvl, so go for DoS if you can, it will be a hughe haste increase fot you which you now need with cloak. Check the trink list on the ret pala guide here. Cant go wrong.

- When should I drop a increased Crusade duration relic in favor of an higher ilvl one? at +10 /15 ilvl maybe?

+20 is what the math says. The difference can be huge in min max fights where small gains mean everything. 

- My simulation gives me around 395k dps single target,I guess it's acceptable for my ilvl, isn't it?

I have the same Ilvl as you and im simming at 500k. Though i have 2 BiS legendaries, but even before with just the cloak, i simmed at 450 or so with 875 ilvl. Youll see a dramatic increase though if you start gearing towards haste. Also, ilvl isnt always an upgrade, especially at your level. Ensure that youre focusing on what will get the best from your legendaries and talents, and take ilvl as a bonus and upgrade if its quite big. 

Thanks a lot. The simmed dps was long time ago, I didn't have any legendary and I was lower ilvl. At the moment it's simming around 460k. I'm trying to build more haste but I don't understand. Sometimes it sims a little more, sometimes much less. And haste keeps bouncing between normalized weight of 1.x to 0.4 which is a lot of difference. Does it depend on how close I get to the next breakpoint? i'm also farming relics with increased crusade duration without any luck at the moment :P

Edited by Nurglino
  • Like 1