FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbo

4set relics and legendaries for assasin

Hey, so im checking some logs of the highest dps assassin rogues atm on Nighthold HC single target bosses. Im currently 894 equipped. Im using 3x vendetta relics (890/875/880), got 940 legendary belt and trinket. Spec MP, vigor, AP obviously. So lets take Trilliax or Krosus as an example..pure single target fight where im pushing around 570k ish dps. Feels alright. Meanwhile..the top rogues i checked out on these bosses have about same il equipped but pushing up to 750k on these fights. All i can see is different is they have better legendaries amd most importantly the 4 set bonus..which leaves envenom their highest dmg source followed by rupture. 

So yeh hoping for some luck on next legendary but def. aiming for the 4set asap, might even use 875 set pcs..cause it seems to be an insane dps increase.^^ I cant see anything else that points out.

Next thing, which I want some ideas/input on is the relic choises now after the Vendetta cd nerf. My plan is to go for 3x envenom dmg relics so the 4set will be even better. But what if i get lucky and get legendary boots? Vendetta ones better to keep or would 3x envenom with boots work as good perhaps? 

Also, just crossed my mind to try some DFR spec on the bosses spawning adds to try keep up with the locks, hunters, DH etc. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Kimbo

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Also, just crossed my mind to try some DFR spec on the bosses spawning adds to try keep up with the locks, hunters, DH etc. Thoughts?

This is the reason I play Sub. The toolkit is just better overall

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

So yeh hoping for some luck on next legendary but def. aiming for the 4set asap, might even use 875 set pcs..cause it seems to be an insane dps increase.^^ I cant see anything else that points out.

I can't see anything without your logs lol. 

But yes, using Normal tier to finish set bonuses while waiting for Heroic pieces is almost always going to be a dps increase. Breaking 2/4 set bonuses is usually only acceptable for something ridiculous like a 40 ilevel increase, if not more

"All i can see is different is they have better legendaries amd most importantly the 4 set bonus"

I think you answered your own question. I will take it a few steps deeper and say that warcraftlogs only looks at ilvl, not taking relics, legendaries, set-bonuses or artifact rank in to account. All of those factors make a big difference as you have observed first hand. Until you have BIS legendaries, 4pc set-bonus and maxed artifact rank, logs mean jack unless you are having rotation and/or fight mechanic problems, etc.

Ye so what relics are the best to go for now? Lets say with 4set..

With or without legendary boots..it should be best to aim for 3x envenom relics (3x3% more envenom dmg)? With the 4set which shouldnt take that long to get.

2nd best should be rupture dmg relicssince rupture will be our 2nd highest dmg source after envenom (with 4set equipped). Or do u think reduced vendetta is better as 2nd best relic?

6 hours ago, Kimbo said:

With or without legendary boots..it should be best to aim for 3x envenom relics (3x3% more envenom dmg)? With the 4set which shouldnt take that long to get.

2nd best should be rupture dmg relics since rupture will be our 2nd highest dmg source after envenom (with 4set equipped). Or do u think reduced vendetta is better as 2nd best relic?

If you have the legendary Boots, 3 Vendetta relics is still the best, although slightly.

If you don't have the boots, 2 Vendetta relics and a Rupture relic seem to be the best, although Rupture Crit and Envenom are almost equal - as are all possible combinations, really: 1 Vendetta relic is generally not worth it, but 2 are. Otherwise, the options are very very close

2nd best should be rupture dmg relicssince rupture will be our 2nd highest dmg source after envenom (with 4set equipped). Or do u think reduced vendetta is better as 2nd best relic?

Envenom relic must be better than rupture dmg with 4set since envenom is doing more overall dmg than rupture baseline. Thats why I was thinking stacking up 3 envenom relics on top of that would be best. I guess noone rly knows for sure. ill stick with my 3x vendetta for a bit :)