FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HasiPupsi

[RESTO]-Druid - We need YOUR help, pls!

Hi Guys!

We have a female RestoDruid in Our Guild/Raid named "Gutefêê" and because of She lacks behind (mostly low HPS) Our other RestoDruids "Elvíana" & "Mênira", She asked Me a few day`s ago, if I can Help Her, so I promised Her to open a thread in several Druid-Forums, to get Help from other RestoDruidPlayers / Experts like You guys! :)

She told Me, She already talked to the two other RestoDruids, but they could not figure out any big difference in their Healing/"Rotation" She said.

So I really hope that YOU little Experts out there can figure that out for Her/Us. I really would appreciate that!

Here is Her Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/antonidas/Gutefêê/simple

and here is Our last Nighthold normal clear-run:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/JyBVTtD6fqwFrgY2#type=healing&fight=4

If You have the time, please have a short look on her on every Boss, maybe You can give some Tips `n Tricks also for Her.

Thank You very much!

Just had a quick look, at 6 encounters up to and including Tichondrius  there's a grand total of 5 casts of Efflorescence so less than one cast an encounter when it should have a 100% up time ideally. That will be a massive loss.

Over your whole raid 33 were cast. I did an alt normal run with guild Friday night for a bit of fun, without having to be really concentrating and having a laugh on discord the whole raid, I cast 163 and it was second spell in overall healing.

Get that sorted and see how you get on.

But seriously with that gear you sure you're not just trolling ?

Edited by Dafie
missed a bit

Sadly it is no trolling attempt ;(

She is a very nice person, and We don`t want to replace her just because of Her healingperformence later in Nighthold mythic.

Thank You for Your advice about that "Efflorescence", Dude!

Some of her fights she's not using efflorescent at all.. thats my 4-5th highest heal.

you have too many healers for normal imo causing her to over heal but i think the biggest issue is... ( this is a fast look)

is that she's not reacting quick enough. She needs to prehot sooner, and perhaps cast artifact when she has A TON of hots up.

Her average hit for Rejuv is a lot lower than the other druid yet having close to the same gear.

shes difently casting a lot and using flourish + artficat im just not good enough at Logs to tell when she is using these ability but her per Hit is low makes me believe she's healing way too late.

Her Heroic HPS seems almost on par with the other druid... Idk try removing 1 healer or even 2 and she how she does... maybe she's not trying because theres not much to do with 5 in Normal

Edited by Dilemma90

I've managed to have a closer look at the logs while I was looking at some of mine researching trinkets.

What Dilemma90 has said is right, you're running too many healers and this is giving you massive over healing.

6 is way too many, not that I want to tell you how to run your raids. We run 4 in HC NH with 23-24 raid size and I still have more over healing than I'm happy about.

When you look at the logs, and review Raw Healing, Gutefêê is actually putting out ok HPS.

Nearly all your fights have healers doing massive over healing. e.g.  Krosus . On this fight she was on 60% over heal, something unfortunately Resto Druids suffer from when you have too many healers, but look at the other 5 and over healing ranges from 38%-62%. Other fights have even more over healing.

So even by getting Efflorescence to as close to 100% up time, you'll just increase over healing even more for her.

In my opinion, lower the healing numbers if possible, give the healers a chance to push themselves and get a bit more DPS to speed up your runs and kills.

Hope this helps

6 hours ago, Dilemma90 said:

and perhaps cast artifact when she has A TON of hots up.

I`m not into DruidHealing that much, does that mean that, she uses artifact at the wrong moment / too late?

Should use the artifact and THEN start hotting?

You guys are absolutely right, We have way too much healers, but the raidlead want it that way..., We already talked about that.

The answer: Because We have enough DPS to beat the Encounter, We can take more healers.

Answers from the mmo-champion-druid-forum so far:

Mana trinket not necessary. Other Trinket mediocore. 
Legendary boots are not so good on normal(hc and mythic they will be nice). Wrists = tankhealing leg, but you got enough tank healers anyway, so quite useless. 
Stats are good. 
Talent choice might be suboptimal for nhc. Especially because you are overhealing. 
Lifebloom uptime low.
Efflorescence low.

Thanks so far!, please go on, if You noticed some more issues.

Edited by HasiPupsi

A few things We already found out:

- We are quite overgeared for NH-nhc

- We have way too many healers = low HPS for RESTodruids (HoT`s won`t heal the target = overheal)

- maybe wrong arrangement/schedule of the healCD`s / RaidCD`s

- She has weak Trinkets (Mana trinket not necessary & the other Trinket is mediocore)

- Legendary boots on normal with too many healers + not much dmg-inc useless?, if She has other Legs? (on hc and mythic they will be nice!)

- Legendary wrists quite useless, because = tankheal (maybe replace this legendary?)

- replace talent-"Prosperity" with "Cenarion Ward" for extending "Cenarion Ward", there is no need to extend reju+lifebloom+wg

- Stats seem okay, maybe a bit too much "haste"

- Talent choices suboptimal

- She should use "Flourish" more often

- Lifebloom uptime waaaaaay too low (if possible always on the active tank!)

- Efflorescence uptime waaaaay too low (always to the biggest puk (melees?))

- wild growth and HoT ticks too low

- could use innervate and tranquility more often

- She took talent "inner peace", but used tranq rarely, alternative "Spring Blossoms" - requires a high uptime of "Efflorescence"

- She used her "Essence of G'Hanir" also rarely or even not once

- She's not reacting quick enough (maybe is healing too late), She needs to pre-HoT sooner

- Her average hit for Rejuv is a lot lower than the other healdruids of Our Raid, yet having close to the same gear

- too many rejuvs used - She should spend more time in keeping life bloom and efflorescence up

- Rejuving everyone is an old style of druid healing, it's just not efficient anymore in large raids

- NO benefit from "Cultivation", unless targets drop as low as 60% (too many healers / low dmg-income)

- (Guardian Affinity is generally preferable to Feral Affinity for higher difficulties)

- if She is going OOM it’s because, She is misplaying = spamming too many inefficient overheals or not co-ordinating cooldowns with co-healers enough

- too much overheal, because of all written above

- She should try "haste" between 15%-and-25%, whereever She feels comfortable with Her flow of play

Additional advice / info:

BiS-Trinkets  legendary "Velen's Future Sight" + "Unstable Arcanocrystal".

Bonusroll on "Ethereal Urn" from Nightbane & on the "Unstable Arcanocrystal" from Withered J’im.

The "Etraeus’ celestial map" from Star Augur Etraeus is the second only to statsticks / "Unstable Arcanocrystal".

Statsticks are good, other stuff isn’t as good. They’re reliable and give more raw stats than proc trinkets.

Don’t use mana trinkets. It’s better to just manage spell use more efficiently.

Int passive > int proc. Reliability > power for healers.

If You noticed anything else, let Me please know! THANKS a lot!

Trinketlists + good-short-Guides + other Forumthreads so far:

http://www.filedropper.com/bisdruidentrinkets

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1615OefCh8ils8Itwb2BY9kyN8ikC_VtIK2uVVHQY3LM/edit

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t08smojbx64hvpi/Twig it by Torty v1.5.1.xlsx?dl=0

http://questionablyepic.com/restodruid-rotation/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2159823-RESTO-Experts-We-need-YOUR-Help-PLEASE!?p=44369718#post44369718

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/28164-resto-druid-we-need-your-help-pls/

Edited by HasiPupsi

Now that's a diagnosis.  Theres normally A LOT of the issues but some fights I saw her casting quite a bit of everything.

But honestly...

Who the hell would ever say this " The answer: Because We have enough DPS to beat the Encounter, We can take more healers. "

Unless you are going for a certian setup for progression.. you ALWAYS TAKE more dps and the least amount of healers as possible.

More dmg = short fighters = less healing.

i'd leave if GL didn't rethink that logic unless he just wanted everyone to get in and practice a bit 

Please provide logs from fights where there is actually something to heal, not a 6 healer's NM run... :D

Found some : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MNyzQ41T3DJk7Hpf#type=healing&fight=11&source=21

Id 'say :

- Use culture, far better than soul of the forest.

- Cast more wild growth

- Pay attention to rejuvenation, cast efficiency is poor ( lots of overheal ) -> Lag ? wrong targets ? wrong timing ?

- have you better trinkets ? (stats sticks)

- lifebloom uptime to improve ;) 

I sense a big issue with its heal interface.

a/ Does she have one ? I advise vuhdo especially because it can display hots as minibars within player frames. There are probably alternatives out there, I've not tested them. Monitoring hots is key for the druid.

b/ A click to cast is also a must have *if* your HPS is low. 

On 30.1.2017 at 2:40 PM, Kufru said:

Please provide logs from fights where there is actually something to heal, not a 6 healer's NM run... :D

Found some : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MNyzQ41T3DJk7Hpf#type=healing&fight=11&source=21

Id 'say :

- Use culture, far better than soul of the forest.

- Cast more wild growth

- Pay attention to rejuvenation, cast efficiency is poor ( lots of overheal ) -> Lag ? wrong targets ? wrong timing ?

- have you better trinkets ? (stats sticks)

- lifebloom uptime to improve ;) 

Yo Dude! You are absolutely right:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NXYyZKBq48Ttd2RW#boss=1862&difficulty=4&wipes=1&type=healing&source=1

this is from Monday Wipefest Tichondrius hc [ :-( ], only 3 healers. so She really good "shine" this time on this Encounter, (all in all // altogether // in the whole) everyone was fine with her healingjob so far.

I take Your advice / points and will talk about it with her!

THX

On 31.1.2017 at 2:46 PM, bobifle said:

I sense a big issue with its heal interface.

a/ Does she have one ? I advise vuhdo especially because it can display hots as minibars within player frames. There are probably alternatives out there, I've not tested them. Monitoring hots is key for the druid.

b/ A click to cast is also a must have *if* your HPS is low. 

I see Her in about an hour and will ask her, but I`m pretty sure she uses Vuhdo, nearly every healdruid i ever met in WoW does it, a few used grid+clique like i do.

About point "b/" i of cause ask her, too.

THX mate!