FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
fightinggeek

I need help with Enhancement

On 1/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, fightinggeek said:

I've been struggling since 7.1.5 came out and I could use some help. I've managed to improve my DPS in the last couple weeks, but nowhere near where I see other similarly geared enh shaman at. I'm linked some logs below. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BgNLcK9tmqMXWY1f#fight=32&type=damage-done&source=26

Hey there!

While I admit that I haven't really delved into the nuts and bolts of your rotation and whatnot, I do have a few talent suggestions I'd change if I were you. I know Wordup's enhance guide says to take overcharge + windsong but from actual game play that's not putting forth the numbers in Nighthold that sims are saying...also the majority of fights are cleave heavy which  isn't favorable towards overcharge. I say this because your normal logs are using that build. All of the top enhance shamans are running (prior to the 4 piece) hot hands + tempest + fury of air. It's only after you get the 4 piece that you want to switch to boulderfist + tempest + crashing storm. From your heroic logs for talents you're using the 4 piece set build when you don't have it yet. Changing those around should net you a large damage increase! The reason for this is that with the 4 piece build you're expending all of your extra maelstrom into lava lash to force proc more stormbringers. Prior to obtaining the 4 piece you want to be running fury of air which sucks up most of your excess maelstrom not used for stormstrike and you supply this resource heavy build with rockbiter not boulderfist (because fist is cd charge locked whereas you can rockbiter as much as you need).

As for your 885 egg trinket, if I were you I'd drop that asap. I know the sims list shows it up there but I'd  honestly dump it for convergence of fates as soon as you get one or even a nightbane mastery trinket. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I have enhance logs under Elementss on Sargeras if you want to check them out. I make no claims on being an elite player though.

On 1/31/2017 at 0:53 AM, Elementss said:

Hey there!

While I admit that I haven't really delved into the nuts and bolts of your rotation and whatnot, I do have a few talent suggestions I'd change if I were you. I know Wordup's enhance guide says to take overcharge + windsong but from actual game play that's not putting forth the numbers in Nighthold that sims are saying...also the majority of fights are cleave heavy which  isn't favorable towards overcharge. I say this because your normal logs are using that build. All of the top enhance shamans are running (prior to the 4 piece) hot hands + tempest + fury of air. It's only after you get the 4 piece that you want to switch to boulderfist + tempest + crashing storm. From your heroic logs for talents you're using the 4 piece set build when you don't have it yet. Changing those around should net you a large damage increase! The reason for this is that with the 4 piece build you're expending all of your extra maelstrom into lava lash to force proc more stormbringers. Prior to obtaining the 4 piece you want to be running fury of air which sucks up most of your excess maelstrom not used for stormstrike and you supply this resource heavy build with rockbiter not boulderfist (because fist is cd charge locked whereas you can rockbiter as much as you need).

As for your 885 egg trinket, if I were you I'd drop that asap. I know the sims list shows it up there but I'd  honestly dump it for convergence of fates as soon as you get one or even a nightbane mastery trinket. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I have enhance logs under Elementss on Sargeras if you want to check them out. I make no claims on being an elite player though.

I simed both 3 2 1 3 1 1 2 build and 1 2 1 3 1 2 2 build ( I got Eye today) and the first build showed more than 20K increase DPS. Also Hailstorm was better than Ancestral in DPS with Eye. But I do lack on Maelstorm alot.

Here is my Armory as well.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ðrekthar/simple

Anybody else can help us out?

Edited by Shimino