FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tyrovar

BoS Help on Krosus

So, I've been practicing with Breath of Sindragosa for awhile now, but I'm only pulling around 415k on the training dummy. On top of that, I only managed to pull 385k on our guild's recent Krosus kill, which I feel is much lower than where I need to be, especially when other members of my guild are breaking the 500k barrier. Here is my log from Krosus, along with my armory for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RgXwBZ7TDpnjq8M3#fight=19&type=damage-done&source=5

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Tyrokoth/simple

I have about 30% BoS uptime, which I feel isn't too far off of where I need to be, and yet I am still 100k+ behind other dps in my guild. My first thought was that I wasn't using enough frost strikes, but looking at my runic power usage, I don't seem to be capping all that frequently outside of HRW. I also thought that legendaries and set bonuses might have something to do with it, but I still don't see that creating that large of a gap after simming it with AMR on my character. Is there something that I am not seeing in my rotation that could lead to this heavy of a dps loss? Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

After doing my thing checking out the number, doing heavy algebraic calculations, double checking my work, and citing my sources. I've found that your breathe is kind of low, while maybe 30% is good or what you want to aim for maybe? You could be extending them for longer, my guilds frost dk is keeping his up for roughly a minute without belt or ring. You missed some rime procs, or delayed them at the very least, using rime procs during breathe is ideal, unless you are going to be dropping breathe because of it. You had a couple Killing machines expire I believe, 2 roughly. You're runes are pretty okay for the most part, runic you were capped for like 20 seconds outside of hungering runic weapon, at 1:30, and at 2:30 mark. Other times can be left up to rng/hungering. You only had 8 casts of horn of winter. Which in theory you could have used it roughly 16~ times. I think you could also be extending your Remorseless winters longer, I know that might be a little awkward or hard at times but it's pretty good to keep it up as long as possible, especially if you aren't in breathe it's a lot of damage.

Also only 1 potion used.

Hey Drtain,

thank you so much for your reply, and I am sorry if I came off as arrogant in my original post. It appears that my average breath on that Krosus fight with HRW up was only 42 seconds, so if your guild's dk is keeping it up for a full minute, I am definitely doing something wrong with my BoS rotation. I might be popping HRW too early, and I also tend to pop Horn of Winter sooner rather than later during Breath in the hopes that I can get more of them off, which deviates from the standard rotation. I seem to be having trouble when popping either of these cooldowns at the last second (25 RP or so, as the guide states), and have my BoS drop off completely. 

As for Rime, I was sitting on them, and I can't use HRW as an excuse because I did so outside of it. I guess I just need a better way to track when Rime occurs that draws my attention to the proc, such as TMW or WA, especially now that I have my 2-piece.

The killing machines, one of them just appears to be bad luck, I was out of runes for the entire duration of the first killing machine that I missed. The other one, I have no idea what happened, but it's certainly something that I should watch out for.

Glad to hear that I'm managing runes okay, but the fact that I was capped on Runic Power for so long without knowing it is concerning. I should probably use an addon to make a duplicate of my Runic Power bar right underneath my character so that I can see how much I have without having to look at my bars.

I can also agree that my Horn usage outside of Breath was sloppy.

Remorseless Winters, keeping those up seems to be an issue for me, now that I look at it, but I should probably focus on the other feedback I have received first. Should I be pooling 2-3 runes for Remorseless Winter, or should I just try my best to keep it up with what I have when it is ready?

I have no excuse for only using one potion, I guess I just need to keep an eye on it whenever I am casting Breath with HRW up for the second time.

I have another log from Krosus H where I did slightly better on BoS uptime, Remorseless Winter uptime, RP usage, and damage overall, if you have the time to take a look at it:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NvyXDTcrwAfh34C2#type=auras&source=18

but I definitely still have work to do. It appears that I did even worse on Rime procs during that pull, and still only one potion. I guess I should get to work on the training dummies.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

No problem, I didn't really think you sounded arrogant. Um yeah idk as far as horn goes, it's weird i really don't know to well my self, but what i normally do for the opener at least. is Prepot>HB>RW>spam oblit/rime procs until I am out of runes> (which normally lands me at 70 runicish)> breathe>horn then into the classic oblit/rime procs and hungering when needed. This allows for your horn to always get a second use, if not a 3rd or even 4th during breathe, and allows for you to get a really strong RW during potion, and Pillar.

Random log i had on star aug this is with only 37 traits in my weapon, and i died once because i tried to cheese a mechanic (don't stand in fel nova LOL), while we were clearing heroic NH. Maybe you can pick something up from them? Idk just thought i'd link it i guess.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2Hk9QMaJXFTqPVAB#fight=24&type=damage-done&source=14

Quick update, now that I'm properly weaving Rime procs into my rotation while BoS is active, I seem to be able to pull 460k+ (over the course of 5.5 minutes) on a single dummy consistently. Going to see how my improvement on the dummy plays out during raid tonight, and then post my logs here and hopefully get some additional feedback. Thank you very much for your support.

My 2 cents: i don't find breath lengths to be the most important factor of your DPS.  It's more about how much dmg you can put out during breath.  Personally my breath times aren't special...usually 35/15/35 and I parse pretty well (99 on trill/chrono)

From what I see in your logs, I think you can be more effective with gather storms.  That was the biggest improvement for me week over week.  Basically, i try to dump as many runes as possible while its up.  I don't use RW if i have no runes up and I'm just dumping RP in FS.

With HRW you can usually roll-over your RW so you upkeep the dmg buff longer (see my RW uptime https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JXFRawHAmkpPx6Yn/#fight=2&type=auras&source=19)

That should help your dps