FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stampade

MM Hunter DPS Problem

Hi,

I think i have reached the max DPS my Hunter can output, but it seems a little odd. On paper (sims, to be precise) my hunter can output > 420k dps, but when I fight bosses, its hard for me to overcome 330-340k dps single target. I have read through the forums, read the MM guide here, watched a few videos, and honestly i have reached a brick wall. Maybe I am doing something wrong, that is obvious, but I have tried everything and didn't found what it is.

Here is the output from Krosus fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y61DarBCgzMfJ9qL/#type=damage-done&source=8

Any help will be much obliged!

First of all you are running a completely wrong talent. LnL should only be used in higher mobility and cleave-ier fights. For single target (chrono, trill, krosus, augur) you should use True Aim. Your other talents are fine for single target. Second, it looks like you are casting a lot of aimed shots outside of vulnerable and/or inefficiently with patient sniper. You should be lining up your focus to cast 2 (3 if about to be focus capped) aimed shots as late as possible in every vulnerable window, You should generally marked shot at around 70-95 focus immediately followed by an arcane and as many arcanes as you can fit in at the start of the vuln window without losing the time to be able to still get off 2 aimed shots. The general rule of thumb is to start casting your 2 aimed shots at roughly 4 seconds left on vulnerable, but this changes a bit depending on your haste. You want things to line up so you have at least 80+ focus as you cast your first aimed shot and you'll passively regen enough during the cast for your immediate 2nd, but add a third cast earlier in vuln if you're getting capped.

Here is my 95% log from last night https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/amXzj3Tkq8RHL47n#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=14
I'm nearly doubling your dps on aimed shot with almost the exact same number of casts. My gear is definitely a lot better but that still wouldn't make such a staggering difference on that. You activated your first trueshot and lusted 6 seconds late into the pull, and didn't line up your final trueshot with your 2nd pot. Another thing, you should generally save lust for execute phase on DPS checks like krosus, augur, etc.

Edited by baktiff

Going to agree with pretty much everything mentioned above, but honestly just sit at a target dummy and practise your rotation over and over again until you can master it. Follow the exact rotation and learn to time your aimed shots better. They do 160% extra damage at the end of your vulnerable debuff, don't bother casting it outside of that unless you're focus capping and need to dump focus before a marked shot proc.

With your trueshot, in execute phase it is an immense cooldown, make sure you save your second pot for then and line it up as best you can. 

With regards to bloodlust on the dps check fights, I'd have to disagree and say that Krosus you should lust on pull when everyone is alive. Only fights where the later phases, e.g botanist, augur etc, are the actually difficult parts of the fight should you lust in p3. Most of the earlier fights you can lust on pull. 

Thank you for the replies. I will do as you mentioned, and practice some more on target dummy. I'll be sure to post the results, so other MM Hunters could learn from my mistakes :)

Cheers!