FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Morov

Help for my Guild's Fury DPS

Hello Warriors,

Looking for some help for a Fury Warrior in our guild who can't seem to match the median numbers of our group's dps. He's 877 now and his dps still seems really low in comparison to our other raiders. Below is a log from our most recent raid and his armory profile. Any help or advice is appreciated so we can crack the code to what he might be missing.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/xWDNLhTfn7B9ARGC#type=damage-done&source=42&start=10166778&end=10633179

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Salahaddin/advanced

Thanks!

Edited by Morov

I'm not an expert at reading warcraftlogs, but it looks like he's handling his rotation during his dps cooldowns suboptimally.

It looks like he's running the standard, which is frothing berserker/reckless abandon.  If you have those two talents, you should do the following when battle cry is up:

1. Cast battle cry and IMMEDIATELY cast rampage.  This dumps your rage, enrages you, and allows you to refresh frothing berserker more quickly.

2. Cast raging blow.  Doing this 2nd allows you to get an additional raging blow cast in during the battlecry window.

3. Cast Odyn's Fury.  This should be buffed by frothing, battlecry, and enrage.

4. Cast bloodthirst.  This will refresh enrage because battlecry should still be up, and it is much more worth it than furious slash.

5. Cast raging blow again.

That should be the end of the cooldown window.  Remember now, since frothing berserker is the new norm, don't cast rampage until you hit 100 rage.  During enrage, raging blow should be your top priority, followed by bloodthirst.  Don't be afraid to bloodthirst while you are already enraged, because the rage generation and the damage over furious slash is worth the chance of overriding some of your enrage uptime IMO.

HI,

I've checked the logs and the rotation should be OK.

The CD Usage is good.

For myself I play as fury and go for 500-550k dps - so some things I would mention are:

- Very low mastery rating, as this is affecting directly the damage done while enraged it's highly important to have more. I would give up some haste for mastery in his case (Buffood, enchants, gems)

- Artefact weapon is very low, this additionally have a direct effect on your damage including the perks. He has very low itemlevels on the Weapon and 2 crappy perks. Aim for Raging Blow or Critical Damage perk.

- Legendarys: He probably know that the legendary he's wearing is no improvment in damage but as you have no direct impact on that it's just luck to get a good legendary.

- Execute phase: Execute was mostly casted when not enraged. This is a no go. Only cast execute when Enraged after FB + Rampage was used. If FB ran out just don't cast execute when using the FB build. The reason behind is that you won't get an FB proc again when casting execute regularly. This is probably a personal thing but for me it's working well only casting 1 Execute when FB and Rampage is done.

- Trinkets: Aim for the BIS trinkets listed in the Fury Guide, it's increasing the dps tremendously.

4 hours ago, Milka said:

- Execute phase: Execute was mostly casted when not enraged. This is a no go. Only cast execute when Enraged after FB + Rampage was used. If FB ran out just don't cast execute when using the FB build. The reason behind is that you won't get an FB proc again when casting execute regularly. This is probably a personal thing but for me it's working well only casting 1 Execute when FB and Rampage is done.

I'm not a very fury experienced, but as far as i know, this is wrong. If you play FB your enrage uprime during execute-phase will be low. The aim is to stack juggernaut and then go through the roof during BC Window. You wont get high stacks if you play your suggested way.

Few points:

• Chromatic Kill (05:16)
    • The uptime is just awful on Enrage, honestly. This is caused by a few things, some of which are listed below.
    • He misses so many BTs on this fight. He uses something like 60% of the total number he could, assuming normal downtime from moving and mechanics.
    • He missed 2-3 possible uses of his Artifact Ability.
    • It's pointless to take Inner Rage and then never use the RB ability. Again, he missed like 50% of the casts. 
    • He rage capped for a solid 30-40 seconds total over the fight. 
    • Missed a full use of Battle Cry, maybe 2. 

It's basically just an issue of not knowing what to prioritise. It's not even to do with not hitting things at the right time, he's just not hitting them at all sometimes.

19 hours ago, Allseye said:

I'm not a very fury experienced, but as far as i know, this is wrong. If you play FB your enrage uprime during execute-phase will be low. The aim is to stack juggernaut and then go through the roof during BC Window. You wont get high stacks if you play your suggested way.

You're right, the juggernaut will not be triggered high. But maintaining the juggernaut is hard to achive especially with the Draught of souls trinket. Also there is only a low chance to get a enrage proc with BL as you are not using Rampage. Additionally this will cause the Rampage Artifact traits to be not existent which would reduces your CD's. If bad lucked you miss an FB proc for 50 seconds.

This is probably a complete different discussion but in my opinion it's more worth maintaining the FB proc and Rampage rotation as to have a 7 second window with a probably high burst. I think you miss much more damage in front of this window as done while this window. Additionally on most encounters you will not be able to maintain juggernaut such as (Botanist), etraeus, aluriel, elisande, gul'dan. For sure heroic difficulty or higher as you have to deal with much movement and adds in between.

I totaly understand your argumentation and i don't want to disagree because my (as i said) incompetence of fury gameplay. What i found is the following guide on mmo-champion ( 

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2150129-7-1-5-Fury-Guide-amp-FAQ

In my opinion, this is a better guide than the fury one on icy veins (sorry guys, but there is no proper explanation how to handle execute-phase). If you see, he states to collect juggernaut-stacks and then letting boss kiss his shoes...or something like that :-D. I think this is how you should do while playing with FB+RA (and your RL has to allow to do so). You're an execute-machine and you should carry your raid through the last 20%. Well, your RL should accept that you don't move or just move if you would die.

If you can't maintain stacks, then it would be evenutally better to run with massacre/RA, wouldn't it? 

It's totally impossible to just don't move because on mythic difficulty you will just die or wipe the raid when you don't move.

In my opinion it's better to live and dps the encounter down as bursting for 20 seconds and then just die.

I think the bonus damage from FB is much more worth as Massacre could do - even if I have Ayla's. I'll probably will test it next heroic run so I can show some results. I didn't used massacre since the new talents came.

I quote myself and highlight the necessary part:

On 9.2.2017 at 5:32 PM, Allseye said:

Well, your RL should accept that you don't move or just move if you would die.

I think the guide doesn't state that you shouldn't move at all. Of course you have to move if you or someone else would die. But you won't switch target and don't move away from boss during execute-phase if it's not life-threatening.

Don't judge me for that statement. That time i'm just repeating what i'm reading in other guides. But it just make sense to stack juggernaut and then burst during BC-window if you play with FB. If you sacrifice your juggernaut-stacks to have a high FB + enrage-uptime...think this will end in much lower DPS. But yes, i can't prove that not at all.