FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
audiopanik

MW looking for input on stat weights

I am currently 6/13H with an iLvL of 536 and some pieces in my bags I can swap out if changed stat weights dictate it.

I am running 10k spirit now with the heroic Horridon trinket and my LMG. I would prefer to not be *forced* to fistweave for mana as I just don't love the playstyle. That said, even at 10k I feel I could stand to lose some spirit as I only ever really have to conserve after emergency situations.

You can see my current gear and stat weights here http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/whisperwind/slowdive

I have been crunching some numbers on my own, but I am just looking for additional input.

Its your choice to not fistweave, but there is no denying that it is great for spot healing and low damage situations.  When you're sitting there with nothing to heal, fistweaving gives you a way to contribute to your raids DPS and generate more mana tea stacks to use for later.  I can't tell you how many times our healers DPSing at the start of a fight can make or break one of our first kills.  It just helps.  Then again, if you don't like it, then you don't need to do it.

My first question is, are you doing 10 or 25 man?  

Do you want int or crit? You can't use both, because you're just losing out on the other stat.  They are only really useful when you go outright for one or the other.  IMO cirt is the way to go because it is pretty much the same throughput with the added benefit of extra mana tea stacks.

What haste breakpoint are you going for?  3145, 6141, 9158 are the three choices.  If it takes more than 2 or 3 haste gems you should probably go down a breakpoint.

How much spirit are you aiming for?

Here is my recommendation, but we can change some things depending on what you want.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/6adb311b-31a2-4cd6-9eb2-04e1e037e585

Thanks for your input Krazyito.

I am in a 10m raiding guild.

I am currently running 10k spirit but I feel that if I were to go all the way down to around 7.5k Spirit as your suggested weights show I would have no choice but to be fistweaving (the jab / blackout combo for mana) or risk running out of mana often. Especially in 10m heroics fights like Megaera (at least the way my guild does it), it's quite healing intensive and I really can't see even being able to fistweave much on that fight.

I was already thinking about dropping down to 9k Spirit, but I am not sure I can see going much lower than that (at least not until trying 9k first).

Also I see you selected "Total Effective Spirit". I have been using the Static Spirit option. Do you find the Total Effective Spirit option to be "reliable"?

No, use the static spirit option.  Total Effective Spirit is the default option and when I put a spirit cap I use Static Spirit.

if you do a set amount of spirit put the spirit weight to 1.9

Also, what extra pieces do you have?  Because you need to get rid of that tier helm and get the megaera one, try to replace the belt with the Twin Consorts one, and replace your boots with the Durumu ones.

Yeah I got the Megaera helm (normal) tonight. But if I drop the tier helm for it I will lose the 4 piece bonus until I get the tier shoulders.

And believe me I am anxiously awaiting the boots off Twins and boots of Durumu which both will be mine if / when they drop seeing as how we don't have another leather healer.

The 4pc this tier is not really worth it. You're usually saving TFT anyway for big dmg and the only time this tier that it happens that frequently is on heroic tortos.

You're best off keeping chest and legs and using horridon shoulders and dark animus hands as off pieces.

Looking for input again. My guild is currently 11/14H in SoO. My gear has changed quite a bit since my original post obviously so I am checking back for more input to see if maybe I am sacrificing too much crit for haste.

Here is my current setup for Mr Robot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/whisperwind/slowdive

My stat weights are as follows:

Int 2.5

SP 2.1

Hast (to 15138) 2

Spirit (to 8500) 

Crit 1.8

Haste (15138+) 0.5

We are a ten man raid team currently and I can hold my own healing wise I just feel like my throughput could be a bit higher on more healing intensive fights.

Any input would be appreciated.

Hi there Audiopanik,

If it was me i would probably drop a haste break point to get you back above 40% crit until you get some better itemised gear or the PBI amp trinket.

As for any input, you currently have the Mana tea glyph and ascension. If you want more throughput go for chi brew and remove your mana tea glyph. Get the surging mist glyph so you can spam it for a smart heal in met procs.

Removing the glyph allows you to essentially burn through all your mana then drink up to full.

Here are the weights i use:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2768-how-to-ask-for-help-with-your-mistweaver-monk/

I put in a spirit cap of 5100.

• Like 1