FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jendawg

LOW Dps Balance

Hi Guys,

I've recently tried going balance in our raids as we're experiencing high numbers of healers at the minute!

However, in comparison to my friend who has a similar ilvl to me, my DPS is AWFUL! !

I've been told to focus more on Solar wrath which i've been doing but still... meh

Warcraft Log for Krosus for example :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yXh6fpP12g3WNac8#fight=24&type=damage-done&source=42

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Jénnóó/simple

Anyone Give me some advice?

Your CPM is decent, so I'd rather look for something in your rotation or gear.

One thing I noticed is that you are very low on Haste. This is your main stat after intel.

You also forgot to prepot the prolonged power, it was missing during the  BL+ first CoE.

The second prolonged power was not timed correctly with the second CoE.

• Like 1

1. Can't help this but you don't have good DPS legendaries. 

2. Don't see that you're fully gemmed/enchanted.  That's something that you can pretty easily fix. 

3. The armory you linked show healing trinkets.  Might just not have been given trinkets for a dps offspec, but you can do WQ's and eventually get good int/haste stat stick trinkets. 

4. Weapon iLvl is a bit low as you probably haven't been given relics for what was an off-spec.  Also, what artifact level is your boomkin weapon at?

5. Your stat prio is pretty much backwards.  Should be haste > mastery > whatever.  Again, hard to optimize that when you're in what used to be an offspec. 

6. Moonfire uptime on Krosus was only about 75%.  That's basically a target dummy fight, so no excuse for being below 99% on dot uptimes (gj on the sunfire though!).

7. Looks like you're running with your astral power on the low end meaning you're probably star-surging as soon as you hit 40 AP which means you aren't DPSing when moving.  If you let the AP accumulate and sg to avoid capping on AP then you'll be able to starsurge when you're moving side to side away from the beams instead of just refreshing dots or doing nothing. 

8. Looks like you messed up your potions.  Didn't pre-pot and your combat pot occured after your inc.  Make sure to pre-pot and use your combat pot with your 2nd inc. 

9. You're using the orange blessing of the ancients, and I think the blue one is still slightly preferred. 

10. Looks like they used drums instead of hero from one of the shamans.  That's a slightly lower haste increase, but probably not something you could personally change. 

• Like 1

Looking at your armory page, the issue is 100% your gear. At 884 I'm slightly above you and last night on Krosus i was doing 525k for most of the fight. A few things to change.

1. This is all luck of the draw and very unfortunate but your legionaries are pretty terrible and contributing nothing to your dps. Even the stats are not great. Unfortunately without the Emerald Dreamcatcher you are always going to be behind other balance druids. I would replace them with regular gear for stats. The chest set gives mastery and vers so it would be a nice replacement.

2. You need new trinkets and rings. I use Unstable Arcanocrystal and Padawsen's Unlucky Charm and sometimes switch out one with Swarming Plaguehive. Swarming Plaguehive used to be best in slot and i still believe its pretty far up there. even one off normal would be useful for you as the difference between the normal and mythic versions is only 100 haste (thanks blizzard :/) . Replace your legendary ring with a main haste and mastery. if you manage to find the other legendary ring you'll be set. Your other ring is fine. I also use ring of ascended glory.

3. Your stat priority is haste then mastery then crit=vers. your haste needs to double. more haste means more casts which means more astral power and more starsurges. Your moonfire and starfire will tick more often as well with haste. your mastery is fine. you also use solar wrath way more than lunar strike. Lunar strike may be a slightly longer cast (mine is 1.16 vs 1.93 seconds) but also does more damage per second of cast time.

5. Prepotting i use Prolonged power. I pot again with full moon and incarnation and full astral power. sometimes it works out nice that way. Prolonged Power are cheap and last 1 min.

6. I take Shooting Stars instead of Blessing of the Ancients. does a little more damage and I don't have to worry about using another ability.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• Like 1

First, let me say that I'm not claiming to be an expert, but Balance has been my main for all of Legion, and I've had pretty good luck so far.  I raid pretty casually, but my guild has done alright.  If someone comes along and says my advice is nonsense, I'm happy to take that feedback.  

So, that out of the way, I agree with what's been said so far.  Your stats are out of whack, but I'm guessing that that's because you've been main healing.  Fixable, but it will take time.  Prepotting will help, too.

I think the larger issue might be how you're prioritizing Solar Wrath.  An empowered lunar strike is far better to cast than an unempowered Solar Wrath.  I almost never have both empowerments down simultaneously, and usually, Moon is available to build AP instead of a naked SW.  You cast 111 SW and 20 LS.  Check out the link below; I've compared your parse to my most recent Krosus kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/g83cLD7jN4bzqndr/yXh6fpP12g3WNac8#fight=26,24&type=damage-done&source=18,42

In my parse, I cast LS and SW 46 and 48 times, respectively, but empowered LS hits like a truck.  You might lose a couple of Starsurge casts because of slightly lower AP generation, but an extra 20 LS should more than make up for it.  Also, as someone else said, your Moonfire uptime is low.  Casting every empowered LS should help keep MF up, from the Nature's Balance talent.

I hope this perspective helps, and good luck!

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the all of the help, this really helps & to be honest I did kind of come to that conclusion myself!

Obviously with being a healer MS before, im having to replace quite a few items and although my trinkets & legendarys are GREAT for healing - It does suck for dps :D

Shall work on haste, replacing useless legendarys & trinkets :D ( woohoo something to do tonight )

Regarding SW, i was told to prioritise on this over LS, even if they are stacked at 3. Is this poor advice?

4 hours ago, jendawg said:

Regarding SW, i was told to prioritise on this over LS, even if they are stacked at 3. Is this poor advice?

empowered LS is better than a standard SW.