FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eyeroll

Couple of BM question

I have a couple of questions, as I've been running BM for about a month after giving MM a rest.  I never could get the changing rotations down to sustain damage with the needed movement to not be in the grey scale of performance.  Not to mention spending more on Tomes than I am on flasks just to keep my best talents for any fight....

Single target opener (let's say Krosus)

the other night I was running DireStable/Stomp/PostHaste/BlinkStrikes/BindingShot/MoC/KillerCobra  (I need to adjust this for ST fights, as I wasn't really expecting to raid H NH, and hadn't caught the latest updates)

Open with MoC/BW/AotW.  With Killer Cobra, I'm trying to weave in Titans Thunder and DireBeast, while spaming CobraShot/Kill Command pairs until BW wears off (or I'm out of focus).  Is this an appropriate opener for that set of traits?  (yes, I now know I should be using Way of the Cobra,  Dire Frenzy and Bestial Fury for that fight)

Another BM hunter with a different guild that I help with seems to make good use of this opener, and I'm finally able to keep up with him.   It was also because of him that I realized that I hadn't been making use of multi-shot to keep beast cleave up.  I've read the guides weekly, often several times a week, spend time on the targets, but targets and raids are completely different for me.  Comparing logs helped me recognize this weakness in my rotation.

For multi-shot:  Is there a number of mobs where it makes it attractive to use more multi-shots while weaving in DireBeast/KillCommand/Titans Thunder when BestialWrath is not up?  It's clear to me that the interaction between Multi-shot/BW/BeastCleave/KillCommand/CobraShot is preferable since the KillCommand basically becomes AOE while BeastCleave is up.

Edited by Eyeroll

As someone who raids in a mythic guild as a BM hunter I'll give you the run down on how I roll.

For talents I go with what's listed on Icy-Veins, however I have 4pc tier bonus so I run with Stomp over Dire Frenzy for ST as well as cleave (until it gets adjusted).

My opener is as follows:

pre-pot > AMoC > BW/AotW > KC > Dire Beast > Titan's Thunder > CS > KC 

Nothing too fancy, same as is listed on the guide.

With your Titan's Thunder, always cast it directly after using Dire Beast (don't macro it, it may be off the gcd but if you mis-time it it's a dps loss). With 2pc it's especially important to do both of those with Bestial Wrath up, as the 2pc effect also increases Titan's Thunder damage.

For multi-target, just use multishot enough to keep Beast Cleave up - at four targets just spam multishot, anything before that still try to fit in Kill Command on CD and multishot.

One piece of advice I have to offer is this:  use Dire Beast the instant it comes off CD, especially if it procs a bonus use. Each use of Dire Beast lowers the CD time on Bestial Wrath, meaning that 2 minute CD gets shortened by about 12 seconds per use of Dire Beast. This means that the CD on Bestial Wrath can be worked down to 1 minute or less.

21 hours ago, Luthixx said:

As someone who raids in a mythic guild as a BM hunter I'll give you the run down on how I roll.

For talents I go with what's listed on Icy-Veins, however I have 4pc tier bonus so I run with Stomp over Dire Frenzy for ST as well as cleave (until it gets adjusted).

My opener is as follows:

pre-pot > AMoC > BW/AotW > KC > Dire Beast > Titan's Thunder > CS > KC 

Nothing too fancy, same as is listed on the guide.

With your Titan's Thunder, always cast it directly after using Dire Beast (don't macro it, it may be off the gcd but if you mis-time it it's a dps loss). With 2pc it's especially important to do both of those with Bestial Wrath up, as the 2pc effect also increases Titan's Thunder damage.

For multi-target, just use multishot enough to keep Beast Cleave up - at four targets just spam multishot, anything before that still try to fit in Kill Command on CD and multishot.

Well, I thought I was doing better.  I supposed getting to green given that I've spent most of my MM time in grey, I guess I should consider that progress.  I screwed up my talents on Krosus and had Dire Frenzy because I forgot that I had the two piece.  The two other hunters in the group definitely have a better handle on their rotations, and I really want to get up to the level where they are.

Still waiting to figure out why checkmywow isn't getting the logs from WCL for last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8L6bgH1kDt9mFYKM#type=damage-done

If you're on US shoot me a friend request at Andanath#1243, I'll be happy to help you out in game too if you want. BM is a very simple spec to play and with the right gear/talents/rotation you'll be in purple/orange numbers in no time.

• Like 1

Kill Command. As your Cobra Shot refreshes it during Bestial Wrath, it's best to use it first, the same as you would in your normal rotation.

On 03/02/2017 at 10:21 AM, Eyeroll said:

Well, I thought I was doing better.  I supposed getting to green given that I've spent most of my MM time in grey, I guess I should consider that progress.  I screwed up my talents on Krosus and had Dire Frenzy because I forgot that I had the two piece.  The two other hunters in the group definitely have a better handle on their rotations, and I really want to get up to the level where they are.

Still waiting to figure out why checkmywow isn't getting the logs from WCL for last night.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8L6bgH1kDt9mFYKM#type=damage-done

Look i am not saying this to be mean or a douche...but sit back and think of this: 

BM is a joke to play. The difference between a optimise rotation in BM and a sub-par  rotation is  marginal. There is no "magical" dps rotation that is going to increase your DPS. 

STOP BLAMING YOUR DPS ON ROTATION. 

You mention you read the guides, even multiple times a week....so you should know what your suppose to be doing by reading it once. It is BM...its a joke, 0 thought needs to go into the rotation (THIS IS WHY I PLAY IT).  No one here is going to tell you a magic trick that is going to increase your logs substantially. 

Gear/Talent wise you have an excuse, your not 54 points in BM and your legendaries suck...you only have 1 for BM and since its nerf its sub-par. So ...if you had the same ilevel and 54 traits and good legendaries your logs would be blue for the content you are doing. Look at the log between you and the #1 hunter on that kill...look at the # of cast...very similar(although he casting titans thunder 8 times compared to your 6 times is concerning) ...one big difference is between his talents and his legendary ring he will 10%+ more DPS then you.  

Also, looking at your multi-shot/beast-cleave ratio  (specifically considering your two relic boost beast cleave) your low.  Where are your pets located? Are you paying attention to them? Are you using multi-shot while the pets are travelling? Are you optimising there positioning?

BUT ...BUT...looking at all your logs even from HFC...i think you have another fundamental issue...I have no idea what but there is something. Do you play with lag? What keybindings do you use....are you a clicker<-----very important...if you using your mouse to click your rotation then that is issue #1.  You have a issue that isn't gear wise/rotation related. Figure that out first. 

On 2/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, Banard said:

Look i am not saying this to be mean or a douche...but sit back and think of this: 

BM is a joke to play. The difference between a optimise rotation in BM and a sub-par  rotation is  marginal. There is no "magical" dps rotation that is going to increase your DPS. 

STOP BLAMING YOUR DPS ON ROTATION. 

You mention you read the guides, even multiple times a week....so you should know what your suppose to be doing by reading it once. It is BM...its a joke, 0 thought needs to go into the rotation (THIS IS WHY I PLAY IT).  No one here is going to tell you a magic trick that is going to increase your logs substantially. 

Gear/Talent wise you have an excuse, your not 54 points in BM and your legendaries suck...you only have 1 for BM and since its nerf its sub-par. So ...if you had the same ilevel and 54 traits and good legendaries your logs would be blue for the content you are doing. Look at the log between you and the #1 hunter on that kill...look at the # of cast...very similar(although he casting titans thunder 8 times compared to your 6 times is concerning) ...one big difference is between his talents and his legendary ring he will 10%+ more DPS then you.  

Also, looking at your multi-shot/beast-cleave ratio  (specifically considering your two relic boost beast cleave) your low.  Where are your pets located? Are you paying attention to them? Are you using multi-shot while the pets are travelling? Are you optimising there positioning?

BUT ...BUT...looking at all your logs even from HFC...i think you have another fundamental issue...I have no idea what but there is something. Do you play with lag? What keybindings do you use....are you a clicker<-----very important...if you using your mouse to click your rotation then that is issue #1.  You have a issue that isn't gear wise/rotation related. Figure that out first. 

So my legendaries suck, and I don't have 54 traits?  I was MM until 5 weeks ago, and I don't control the RNG.   I had a jaws of thunder relic, but got another beast cleave that was +20 or 25 ilvls and the recommendation was to use it as it's too big of a bump.  Maybe a bad idea.  I'll be running M+ to try and get more appropriate ones, or hope for a mercy drop as loot rolls in raids.  Gave away tier pants and a trinket from N NH last night, as other folks in the guild could use them more than I.  Would have preferred several of the relics, or the tier shoulders/gloves, but lost all those rolls.

As it turns out, it is rotation.  After looking through logs, the problem that I appear to be suffering from is I'm not managing my focus correctly. I mean, checkmywow on some fights has me as great for preventing focus cap, but the damage done is bad.  I'm hitting lots of shots, but I'm not getting the expected benefit.  Yes, my pets may be out of position for beast cleave some times (Tichondrius, with the adds) .  I can fix that with by being more aware, and maybe switching to Blink Strikes, and then using the MS/beast cleave when it will be most effective. 

(a general complaint I have is that the pets appear to be mentally deficient, as I've noticed them standing besides me instead of fighting.  Oh, you killed that blood next to Tich, so now you come back for snack, instead of going back to fight on Tich? Apparently Pet AI to Blizzard means Automatic Indifference...)

I started playing WOW in 2008 exclusively as a PVE button masher,  playing with arrow keys for movement.  I've been raiding for maybe 18 months, starting with WW, then MM, with some stints as a Prot Pally and Resto Druid.  I changed to using the mouse to move after getting Razor Naga, and use the closest buttons to the thumb for utility (countershot, concussive shot, disengage).  I was just not able to move and shoot at the same time using WASD, at least to raid with.  I found it easier to mouse move.

As my guildie has driven into me, I just need a UI and keybindings that works for me.  So I've been working on an ElvUI interface (taking Azortharions as a base) that works for me, and tuning the WA for it (location, size, and I'm probably going to enlarge my focus bar for the short term, and maybe one or two other things that I'm consistently missing), modifying my keybindings, and fixing DBM not to stomp on the rest of it.  The UI setup is also designed so I can go back to the Bliz UI without having to do anything but disable ElvUI.   So if I'm having a problem, I'm not wasting time trying to redo or fix the BlizUI setup.  I'm resigned that until I finalize/solidify my keybindings, I'm going to be a little slow and mistake prone until it's just second nature. And yes, I occasionally click for some very rarely used functions (flare, traps, etc).  But not for my primary attacks and support spells, those are almost all on the left hand

One thing I can add, is that macro your kill command with the following

#showtooltip Kill Command

/petattack

/cast Kill Command

You should use the same in your Bestial Wrath macro if you also have any racials etc. That will get your pet to constantly be attacking your target, and when you switch targets with a kill command, it'll rush to that target instead of attacking it's current. This makes it a lot easier to switch targets and to get your pet on the right mob.

And as far as clicking goes, I've raided in a top 100 guild before and still managed to dps perfectly fine and follow mechanics while using the odd click for random abilities that I don't use enough to bother making a keybind for.

3 hours ago, Luthixx said:

One thing I can add, is that macro your kill command with the following

#showtooltip Kill Command

/petattack

/cast Kill Command

You should use the same in your Bestial Wrath macro if you also have any racials etc. That will get your pet to constantly be attacking your target, and when you switch targets with a kill command, it'll rush to that target instead of attacking it's current. This makes it a lot easier to switch targets and to get your pet on the right mob.

And as far as clicking goes, I've raided in a top 100 guild before and still managed to dps perfectly fine and follow mechanics while using the odd click for random abilities that I don't use enough to bother making a keybind for.

So I tried that, and I think it made a difference.  The problem I realized was that I no longer saw a CD timer for those buttons, which resulted in my hitting buttons that were on CD.  I've reverted those macros for the time being, and once I get my WA strings setup, so I can see the CDs without relying on the spellflash help or Ovale

Edited by Eyeroll

There is an elvui setting to show cd timers but I can't for the life of me remember what it's under. I'll also look for it later to show you so you have another area on your screeen to show you cd times. 

I had a quick look at the logs you provided (I'm assuming that you're Snowtracker because you mentioned that you're on the green and that was the only hunter in the green). I don't for a second pretend to be an expert on logs but here is what I saw. 

1) First off, I disagree with Banard that it's mostly an issues of bad RNG with legendaries and a lack of talents in your artifact. I currently have 30 points in my artifact and only have one legendarie but I still regularly get in the top 20% for my ilvl (877). 

2) You're not flasked in any of the fights and you only had the Well Fed buff for Tichondrius. This will be a pretty significant boost

3) I didn't check out your gear, but I see no damage recorded for Mark of the Hidden Satyr. Do you have BiS gems and enchants? This is worth doing even if you don't plan on keeping a piece of gear for a long time if you're set on progression or rankings. 

4) You are generally under casting Titan's Thunder. In Tichondrius for example you had 6 casts for an 8min fight. Although it's not the gold standard, while you're still trying to improve it may be worth macroing it to your Dire Beast because even two inefficient casts is better than two missed ones. It's totally acceptable to do this, but you'll need to try and watch your GCS's when Titan's Thunder if coming off GC. However, this is not significant enough to pull you right down as the damage of Titan's Thunder is pretty ordinary any way.

5) 

On 2/3/2017 at 2:44 AM, Eyeroll said:

Not to mention spending more on Tomes than I am on flasks just to keep my best talents for any fight....

If you care about logs and progression then you'll need to change your talents for the fight. It's not uncommon for me to change talents several times while we're progressing on a single boss depending on where our weaknesses lie with that fight. 

6) And last of all... 

10 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

(a general complaint I have is that the pets appear to be mentally deficient, as I've noticed them standing besides me instead of fighting.  Oh, you killed that blood next to Tich, so now you come back for snack, instead of going back to fight on Tich? Apparently Pet AI to Blizzard means Automatic Indifference...)

I don't want to come across as being patronizing, but if you're having this issue it's worth just double checking that your pet is on assist and that you haven't recently hit follow. I notice my pets being a bit mentally deficient sometimes and it's usually because I've fiddled with one of these two things while soloing. 

26 minutes ago, Maxillary said:

1) First off, I disagree with Banard that it's mostly an issues of bad RNG with legendaries and a lack of talents in your artifact. I currently have 30 points in my artifact and only have one legendarie but I still regularly get in the top 20% for my ilvl (877). 

2) You're not flasked in any of the fights and you only had the Well Fed buff for Tichondrius. This will be a pretty significant boost

3) I didn't check out your gear, but I see no damage recorded for Mark of the Hidden Satyr. Do you have BiS gems and enchants? This is worth doing even if you don't plan on keeping a piece of gear for a long time if you're set on progression or rankings. 

5) If you care about logs and progression then you'll need to change your talents for the fight. It's not uncommon for me to change talents several times while we're progressing on a single boss depending on where our weaknesses lie with that fight. 

Very good points I neglected to address; flask/375 mastery food makes a damn huge difference in your dps.

In regards to artifact rank, it can be a pain to get it back up to 54 after spec swapping, but yes even that makes a massive difference. 7% as opposed to 14.5% can be a huge difference. Not to say that's the biggest fix but it will help.

As for neck enchant, most BM hunters are now running +600 mastery as at this stage you'll benefit more from the mastery because of so many AoE fights in NH. 

And for tomes - yes I know the feeling, I need at least 10 every time we clear heroic. We did start off with people hearthing to change talents and getting summoned back but when heroic takes <2 hours and you want to get straight into mythic afterwards any time not spent raiding is a waste.

7 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

As for neck enchant, most BM hunters are now running +600 mastery as at this stage you'll benefit more from the mastery because of so many AoE fights in NH. 

Thank you very much. I missed that update. This will be fixed before the next raid.

While we're talking about consumables. Is the standard for food to still use Fishbrul for 1-3 targets as per the guide or +375 mastery? We run with another BM who's more experienced than me who swears by +375 for all fights. Also for fights that are somewhere in the middle (Botanist N/H and Star Augur) which food do you use?

1 hour ago, Maxillary said:

Thank you very much. I missed that update. This will be fixed before the next raid.

While we're talking about consumables. Is the standard for food to still use Fishbrul for 1-3 targets as per the guide or +375 mastery? We run with another BM who's more experienced than me who swears by +375 for all fights. Also for fights that are somewhere in the middle (Botanist N/H and Star Augur) which food do you use?

All good!

To be totally honest, I've never used Fishbrul a day in my life, I always find mastery food to sim higher, and none of the hunters I've ever raided with have used it. Any of the fights in NH that have any adds are usually more than 3 anyway (botanist being the exception) so the more mastery the better for the cleave.

I use 375 mastery unless I'm just running M+, when I'll either use +300 or the 1000% health regen food for 4dps.

12 hours ago, Maxillary said:

Yes, I'm Snowtracker.

I have an 870 neck that was using Hidden Satry, but the 890 neck I most recently got was recommended to use the +600 mastery.

I am almost always using the Barracuda Mrmrglgagh, as I get the 100% buff for food as panderan, or +600 mastery out of the Mrglgagh.   I am almost always flasked unless I ran out near the end of raid.  I prepot with prolonged power, assuming I get a pull timer, and try to make sure I use it again if there's a hero later in the fight, or somewhere appropriate if there's been an early hero. 

Last night, I ran with another guild I know, to get more reps on NH, and I'm parsing better.  Krosus was a CF because I had just cutover to my custom ElvUI and realized that after spec'ing to AMoC, it wasn't on the bar as the pull timer expired.  That threw off the whole fight just trying to get that going. 

Felt I was doing good with mechanics on Tichondrius, then looking at the log, Hollybell did 120M while I did 41M with Beast Cleave.  And I have 2 BC relics...  OK, so didn't have Blink Strikes there, and Holly discussed it with me.  The macro for KC and MS using petattack came up.  As I'm refining my UI and WA, this will get back to the action bar.

Clearly I'm having some issues with Beast Cleave.  it might be that I was just slow to respond and Hollybell was getting a jump on me and reduced the number of targets before I was engaged.  Especially without Blink Strikes for faster pet engagement.  That and getting my WA setup better for me.  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vMTw4nZGAxXc28mz#fight=29&type=damage-done

Edited by Eyeroll

On 09/02/2017 at 10:47 AM, Eyeroll said:

So my legendaries suck, and I don't have 54 traits?  I was MM until 5 weeks ago, and I don't control the RNG.   

and maybe switching to Blink Strikes, 

To re-hash, traits and legendarily are part of the problem. Not the part of my post to focus on. 

Flasking/potting is important....and i missed that...but that alone is another 10-15%. So between traits/leggos/consumables/using the right talents.....i dare say there is a good reason your in the 30% range.  

I also think there something wrong with your playstyle in general...what i have no idea....but I'll give you a personal example, I currently have parses in the 90-95% range in heroic and normal/heroic NH...in EN/TOV i had a lot of the 95%-99% range but i been slacking and the guild isnt pushing mythic as much. My % for gear level been sucking cause RNG god love giving me sub-par legionaries along with sub-par gear. I have too much crit and versatility but what can you do.  Other Hunters with the same ilevel as i do sim for quite a bit more. 

We got our first Mythic Kill in NH the other night...my parses sucked monkey balls...a mere 9% ...that's right...9%....why?

Well no one was calling out shit...someone had to step up and i stepped up...but in doing so i payed 0 attention to what i was doing besides standing where i needed to be standing and avoiding bad crap. All my attention was on timers, calling out crap and pushing me push to talk button...i had poor UI and poor keybindings to do this efficiently (its been years)....but in the end ...it didnt matter we killed the boss. My pet  even died at one point and i didn't even notice until trash, lol. 

Yes you might not be calling out...but the moral of that little story  is your attention, gameplay,  data information , UI, knowing the "in and outs" of the fight is key to good parses. Me gut tells me that is where your major issue lies. 

and no matter what anyone types here, that is something you yourself need to figure but I think the key might be the fact you write "   I've read the guides weekly, often several times a week " and " without Blink Strikes " and " maybe switching to Blink Strikes "

but this website has had the following for over a month:

Bestial Fury Icon Bestial Fury should be chosen for pure single-target situations, although Blink Strikes Icon Blink Strikes is very close, even on a single-target, so if there is frequent target switching that allows you to take advantage of Blink Strikes' blink effect on priority targets especially, you should choose that instead.

6 minutes ago, Banard said:

but this website has had the following for over a month:

Bestial Fury Icon Bestial Fury should be chosen for pure single-target situations, although Blink Strikes Icon Blink Strikes is very close, even on a single-target, so if there is frequent target switching that allows you to take advantage of Blink Strikes' blink effect on priority targets especially, you should choose that instead.

Yeah, I know.  With everything I'm changing (UI, WA, talents), some stuff gets lost in the chaos.  I swapped over to Bestial Fury for Krosus the other night and forgot to swap it back out.  I'm such a bad hunter.   

So Banard, you're claiming these 90-99% parses but you've never shared any logs, nor your armoury. I'm also assuming that you either have the shoulders or the belt to pull parses that high or you have a guild that kills every heroic boss about a minute or two faster than everyone else, purely because BM doesn't parse highly without either of those legendaries. You can't sit saying you have bad legendaries too and then claim you're parsing so high. High BM parses are reliant almost solely on having good legendaries this tier. 

90% of your feedback isn't constructive, it's entirely degrading and unnecessary (instead of explaining what you do to get such high parses, you sit there criticising their ability to play or take note of the instructions in the guide). Maybe it's from a teacher's perspective, but I think if you're going to give someone feedback it has to be beneficial and meaningful. You can't just imply someone is an inherently bad player and assume they'll improve tenfold overnight. 

On 11/02/2017 at 10:19 AM, Luthixx said:

90% of your feedback isn't constructive, it's entirely degrading and unnecessary (instead of explaining what you do to get such high parses, you sit there criticising their ability to play or take note of the instructions in the guide).

Agreed. 

Here are my logs from this weeks N farm (Daphelsa is me), I've provided these over progression because I fell they give me data for you to work with, especially since I only died on Botanist therefore giving a more complete picture. You're welcome to have a look at the and compare them to your own (the other people here can do the same with your logs too and give feedback).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H3rfBm7aZtAdyXLQ/#type=damage-done

I can't see anything glaringly obvious that's the problem. Although it could be a combination of small errors, I am very confident that things like Bestial Fury vs Blinking Strikes (especially given they are very close) won't be the fundamental cause. The maths just wouldn't support that.

That said, I'd really like to help you get to the bottom of this because it will both help make you better and because it will make me/us more knowledgeable. Perhaps you could link your armoury because it could be a stat balance issue (you can see my gear in our logs).  

12 hours ago, Maxillary said:

Agreed. 

Here are my logs from this weeks N farm (Daphelsa is me), I've provided these over progression because I fell they give me data for you to work with, especially since I only died on Botanist therefore giving a more complete picture. You're welcome to have a look at the and compare them to your own (the other people here can do the same with your logs too and give feedback).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H3rfBm7aZtAdyXLQ/#type=damage-done

I can't see anything glaringly obvious that's the problem. Although it could be a combination of small errors, I am very confident that things like Bestial Fury vs Blinking Strikes (especially given they are very close) won't be the fundamental cause. The maths just wouldn't support that.

That said, I'd really like to help you get to the bottom of this because it will both help make you better and because it will make me/us more knowledgeable. Perhaps you could link your armoury because it could be a stat balance issue (you can see my gear in our logs).  

Here's parse from last night's run on H Skorpyron.  We didn't down it, as it was at the end of the night after helping that guild get Gul'dan down.  Lots of people tired, etc.   I'm pretty sure it's the best parse I've ever had on a heroic.  Still several mistakes made, but the numbers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zWrHmR7BCd9jfhZJ/#view=analytical&type=damage-done

Here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Snowtracker/simple

You can also find that toon on askmrrobot.com

I'd be really keen to get Luthixx's opinion as they are the more experienced BM hunter here, but here are my thoughts. 

When I look as your armory this is what is see:

1) Your legendary's are a bit meh, but you also haven't upgraded your wrists to 940 yet. 

2) you're ilvl is pretty beefy at 896 (892 according to your logs)

3) you've got amazing trinkets that are unlikely to be replaced any time soon

4) Your gear is still optimized for when you were playing MM with 25% crit vs 17% haste. 

I think that your passes are lacking because of a combination of the following reasons, some of which you can fix and some will just take time:

1) Your talents are not optimized for each individual boss

2) You are not flasked and fed for every pull

3) Crit is over-represented in your gear (an artifact of your MM days). If you have the gold, it may be worth looking into if any if the 10/10 crafted gear with perfect stats would be better (I'm thinking your head could be a candidate)

4) Your legendary's could be better and you're going to be behind on your artifact upgrades. But you need to upgrade your second legendary.

5) You've only been BM for a month, but at your ilvl you're likely competing against people who have been playing BM all expansion. Therefore their gear is itemized for BM and they are simply closer to their 10,000 hours and have a better understanding of the nuances of the spec. On Trilliax in the first logs your shared for example you were at 13% and didn’t die (although it looks like you did have sterilize during hero). I’ll use this as an example of one of the tricks that just come with experience. It’s possible to grab cake and have almost no dps loss. Before the cake spawns position yourself at max range, as it’s about to spawn make yourself focus starved and cast KC, then disengage onto or just near the cake, then with the haste buff from the talent run back to max range and continue your rotation before being focus capped. As a spec with zero casts we can also keep up our rotation with no loss during the beam of death, but this will mean some jump shots for CS (something of an advance hunter skill that is a bit of a lost art these days). Also note that we don’t actually need to be facing the target for many of our abilities which only adds to our mobility.

I don’t think any one of these things by themselves is causing your problems, rather it’s a typical swiss cheese effect with them all combining into one problem. I’d be really keen it you could try to implement some of this on this weeks reset, see how it goes and show us your logs.

Best of luck

No, my wrists are 940.  i got them Tuesday before my raid, so I hadn't quite gotten used to them reduction of the Aspect spells.

You can check my AMR at http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/us/dalaran/snowtracker

I'm surprised that it shows I'm unflasked or unfed.  Maybe LFR.  But even when I'm helping out friends in their guild, I'm flasked and fed unless I've run out.  I know I'm spending 7-12K week on flask, food, tomes and pots depending on activity.  Just this week, I ran 9/10 H, 2 x 10/10 N, and we attemtped another H Skorpyon after the second N Gul'dan kill.  I hate to be that guy that forgot to come raid prepared.  I figure less under the radar, the better.

I've been using Tidy Plates with the Bilzz UI for the last month or so, and converted over to ElvUI and using their plates.  I haven't got everything quite setup right to keep interactions between the UI, WA, DBM and the various plate.  That and trying to get off tab targeting.  But until plates is working effectively for, I'll just have to deal with it.  I may actually have to modify the prioTarget addon for Legion, as it's been abandoned since WoD, but I got a lot of use from it.

And prior to 7.1.5, I believe MM was Mastery/Haste for stat priority.  It's only been in the last month that I've been getting 15-20 ilvl upgrades.

Edited by Eyeroll

On 10/02/2017 at 7:49 PM, Luthixx said:

So Banard, you're claiming these 90-99% parses but you've never shared any logs, nor your armoury. I'm also assuming that you either have the shoulders or the belt to pull parses that high or you have a guild that kills every heroic boss about a minute or two faster than everyone else, purely because BM doesn't parse highly without either of those legendaries. You can't sit saying you have bad legendaries too and then claim you're parsing so high. High BM parses are reliant almost solely on having good legendaries this tier. 

90% of your feedback isn't constructive, it's entirely degrading and unnecessary (instead of explaining what you do to get such high parses, you sit there criticising their ability to play or take note of the instructions in the guide). Maybe it's from a teacher's perspective, but I think if you're going to give someone feedback it has to be beneficial and meaningful. You can't just imply someone is an inherently bad player and assume they'll improve tenfold overnight. 

There is me name...go look me up. Not hiding behind some weird name. I am quoting spec %...I do not have shoulders or the belt...i been using the ring and bracers both got nerfed in 7.1.5 and the bracers are pure garbage. They use to make the spec fluid and now with the bracers it is very chunky.   Both helm/pants at 940 sim higher then the bracers but meh...i like my extra turtles. 

High BM parses are not solely reliant on having good legendares....getting ranked...getting top records...they are reliant on that.....but you can get 97-99% in a spec and still not even get ranked.  

but for argument sake, if you don't know select the tabs on top to switch between Normal/Heroic and Mythic: 

7.0/7.1

EN: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14470837/10/#metric=dps

Normal 99% Heroic 99% Mythic 88%

ToV: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14470837/12/

normal 84% Heroic 94% mythic 85%

(appears my Gurarm M kill is lost...which is awesome because i died!) 

NH: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/14470837/11/

normal: 95%, Heoric 88% 

and then my pathetic M NH kill ....bah not calling out crap anymore.... (see above post) 

overall i get lower % for my ilevel because of crappy legendaries and to much crit/vers gear..that and i am a moron who don't pay attention and cast way to many cobra shots. 

....eyeroll asked for help and he has a fundamental issue...what i have no idea....it even goes back to his HFC logs.I do not expect him to improve tenfold overnight, but it needs to be said and acknowledged....all the help with rotation and going over logs isn't going to be beneficial or meaningful if he has the same basic issue.   He has to figure out what he is doing game play wise.  

On 10/02/2017 at 1:02 PM, Eyeroll said:

Yeah, I know.  With everything I'm changing (UI, WA, talents), some stuff gets lost in the chaos.  I swapped over to Bestial Fury for Krosus the other night and forgot to swap it back out.  I'm such a bad hunter.   

do not change away from blink strikes....always keep it....considering all the fights in NH and how close the talents are, there is 0 reason to switch.  Krosus? So your pet don't need the speed boost to go to the adds? Are you ignoring them? 

but again... Eyeroll/snowtracker there is something fundamentally wrong with your game play.  I do not know what, i am not saying this to be mean. It is the most important advise any one on this forum has said to you.  I have no idea how to help you figure it out. There is no reason to get defensive...either accept it or don't. Me gut tells me your a clicker....

Edited by Banard