FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kaaskade

sub par DPS at 889 ilvl, 35 trait

i feel i am struggling to even hit 300k dps on single target and im usually pretty low on the meters in raids. i follow mechanics pretty well but people always want dps as well.

i think my rotation is pretty on point to following the guide provided too. but i also feel like only being at 35 traits is hindering my dps. at the moment its my biggest problem?

can someone give me some advice and suggestions? also, im currently AS but im working towards getting gear for SL. logs and armory below.. i can try to get better logs if this one isnt that great. any help is appreciated. thanks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VXtKPdwLB8kvWmaM/#type=damage-done&fight=5

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Kaaskade/simple

• Like 1

I don't know if you do this already but at the beginning when BL is active and you go into voidform try to wait til 20 stacks to pop power infusion, and with 12 seconds of power infusion remaining pop shadowfiend since it scales off your haste. Also when you go into voidform pop shadow torrent asap since it just makes voidform easier. It is also worth noting that I think you have enough mastery to consider going SL, try it out and see how it goes.

Edited by Roman

Gear seems quite OK to me. You should do 400ish on single target easily I think.

I hope you have key binds on your spells used in standart rotation.

You should be able to spam-smash those keys very fast without any need to even look at your spell bars, have decent size castbar in the center area of your view (I think I am using Quartz - https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/quartz ) So make sure you smash the spell just before finishing previous cast.

Try to minimize movement in the encounter - move !as less as possible! - just to avoid mechanics, not a single step more. Also while moving, cast your instant cast spells (e.g. SW:Death).

Watch some good SP videos on Youtube (e.g. Viklund from Method guild)

Use flask, 375 Haste food and Potions of Prolonged power - use potion with Bloodlust effect.

Edited by Spazik

On 2/4/2017 at 9:58 AM, Kaaskade said:

i feel i am struggling to even hit 300k dps on single target and im usually pretty low on the meters in raids. i follow mechanics pretty well but people always want dps as well.

i think my rotation is pretty on point to following the guide provided too. but i also feel like only being at 35 traits is hindering my dps. at the moment its my biggest problem?

can someone give me some advice and suggestions? also, im currently AS but im working towards getting gear for SL. logs and armory below.. i can try to get better logs if this one isnt that great. any help is appreciated. thanks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VXtKPdwLB8kvWmaM/#type=damage-done&fight=5

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Kaaskade/simple

Just a friendly tip. Assuming you keep placing you artifact knowledge workorders in a timely manner it's not too hard to do AP farm through world quests and lfr/df. Mythic+ will yield good artifact power too. The higher the level the more AP. I am sitting on 33 traits now but I went up 3 traits in one day by just spending an hour here and there doing world quests I don't even need for emmisary.

Hi Kaaskade

I am by no means an expert at reading logs, but there is a couple of things i noticed when looking at yours:
Your voidform uptime is low, its at 50,50% and should be closer to 70%.
There seems to be a big gap between your 1. and 2. voidform of 31s? Aim for 15s MAX between voidforms
Only 1 pot use, use one at 1,5s before pull (or earlier if you click the pot) and make sure your mindblast hits as the timer hits 0. Use your 2. pot when the boss hits 20% or delay it if PI is coming up
You should not be using mind blasts on the embers on krosus. Dot them with a SW:P or VT to proc ToF. If there is to many imps the raid group is messing up. Your dps is needed a lot more on the boss.
Use your first PI during your first voidform and try to get between 18-20 VF stacks. If hero is up use it during the last 20s of hero to get the most out of the buffs
Always use void torrent on CD. Its only ever worth delaying if the boss is going to die before void torrent would come off CD

Thats my two cents, hope it can be of help in any way.

GL :)