FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
1198Corse

MW Monk Tweaking

Hello! I recently discovered the IcyVeins monk forum and have been reading quite a bit. I have swapped my stat weights around, reforged, regemmed, and have yet had the opportunity to take my MW into raid with the new crit-heavy build. We raid Thursday, so I will know better how the changes worked out then. 

Currently we have only downed H Jin'rokh, but are progressing on Horridon. I have more mastery than I would like, but have unfortunately not had the drops to swap out those pieces. 

Before I started reading through this forum I had already swapped to a low-spirit build. After reading some of the posts I went far more heavily into crit and came out of haste a bit. I am currently at the 6141 haste breakpoint (6158) and have consistently been the top healer, but obviously anything that improves me makes it easier for my raid. I have the LMG but have failed to have HLG drop or win it via a bonus roll. Looking at my current gear/gems/reforge if there is anything anyone could recommend to improve the performance of my monk any input would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/08b1bd91-c642-4343-b74f-cf624b075909

Everything looks good.  The only problems are the mastery pieces (which i repeatedly emphasis are worth 0).  Try to replace them ASAP

I keep seeing these mastery is bad for you -guidelines, and I do agree, but how bad actually is it? When does the ilvl gap catch up to justify a piece with mastery on it even if you do forge out of it?

F.e. if I'd have a piece of 522 with crit+mastery, how low of an ilvl is it justifiable to go to for, lets say crit+haste?

Edited by Ceraius

LFR non-mastery > Normal mastery piece IMO, though a heroic mastery piece would be better than the LFR just because of int, which is unfortunate.

What would you suggest being my next item to purchase / upgrade? I just got the LFR Lightning-Imbued Chalice to replace my 489 trinket, but im thinking of keeping the 516 crit/haste ring and replacing my 522 mastery/spirit(crit reforge) ring with the haste/crit shadowpan assault one. 

I am also in the situation where if H Jin'rokh drops the sword it will be defaulted to me, however I have yet to ever see an offhand drop. Would it be worth using the H Jin sword if all that is available to me is the inscription Red Fan?

combine the intellect values of those items.  Then keep in mind 2 crit > 1 int.  If the crit value is double the int then its worth it.

Though, this isnt really the case if you can get the 522 offhand.  If you get a 522 one (non mastery) you're probably better off with that combo just for the similar int + more crit.