FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DonLionheart

Enhancement Assistance Please

Hello all,

I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0

I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced

I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.

-Don

P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.

Edited by DonLionheart

With the legendary items you have - bracers and ring - you could try a Hot Hand / Hailstorm build. Hailstorm was buffed in a hotfix after 7.1.5 and is OK to use again. Personally, I think Boulderfist Hailstorm is still pretty bad-ass, but I do Mythic+ a lot more than I do raiding.

10 hours ago, Tarazet said:

With the legendary items you have - bracers and ring - you could try a Hot Hand / Hailstorm build. Hailstorm was buffed in a hotfix after 7.1.5 and is OK to use again. Personally, I think Boulderfist Hailstorm is still pretty bad-ass, but I do Mythic+ a lot more than I do raiding.

I got a similar tip on the MMO Champion forums, but someone later rebuked it.  I'll run some dummy tests at least, but we'll see.  I could still use advice, if anyone has any.

Hey there, I've had a similar problem during my raiding and after having read your post i decided to run some sims to see if using frostbrand was actually worth when using the bracers. Note : I do not have any other legendaries so these results may vary for you. For the talents i only simmed the difference between Hailstorm and Ancestral Swiftness. My talent setup thus was either 2312122 (AS) or 2313122 (HS). 
I've used a patchwerk style simulation of 300seconds long with 10000 itterations and got the following:
AS: 479405 dps
HS: 495867 dps

When using a haste trinket (Swarming plaguehive) the HS build simmed for 498548 dps. This was done to see if the extra haste from a trinket could outweigh the loss of AS (it did but it only gave a minor boost to dps).

So in conclusion: hailstorm is definitly worth it for me and will most likely be worth it for you aswell.
Hope this helps out

Armory for gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ridok/simple
( as said before I switched a trinket, I switched spontaneous appendages for Swarming plaguehive)

Edited by SvenRidok
spelling mistake

10 hours ago, SvenRidok said:

Hey there, I've had a similar problem during my raiding and after having read your post i decided to run some sims to see if using frostbrand was actually worth when using the bracers. Note : I do not have any other legendaries so these results may vary for you. For the talents i only simmed the difference between Hailstorm and Ancestral Swiftness. My talent setup thus was either 2312122 (AS) or 2313122 (HS). 
I've used a patchwerk style simulation of 300seconds long with 10000 itterations and got the following:
AS: 479405 dps
HS: 495867 dps

When using a haste trinket (Swarming plaguehive) the HS build simmed for 498548 dps. This was done to see if the extra haste from a trinket could outweigh the loss of AS (it did but it only gave a minor boost to dps).

So in conclusion: hailstorm is definitly worth it for me and will most likely be worth it for you aswell.
Hope this helps out

Armory for gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ridok/simple
( as said before I switched a trinket, I switched spontaneous appendages for Swarming plaguehive)

Yes if you have both the bracers and ring (lucky guy ^^) I'd definitely swap to hailstorm when you get the 4s. Running the 4s build with boulderfist + crashing storms is significantly  less resource heavy allowing you to be punished less for spending the global casting frostbrand. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mspector
      OK. I have built a L70 Necro. By way of introduction, I played D, D2 and D3/LOD for about 10 years. Then my wife introduced me to WoW, which I've been playing for the last 5 years. However, I didn't enjoy anything about Shadowlands so came back to D3.
      I'm looking for a couple of things:
      One, I have always played solo but find at this level I need a playmate. So if anyone out there is interested, drop me a line (Spoiler: I am an old guy but I love the game); Two, I want to discuss ideas about the Necromancer build, I don't understand how some of the skills work. I currently have (1) Army of the Dead, (2) Bone Spear, (3) Corpse Lance, (4) Command Skeletons, (L) Grim Scythe and (R) Siphon blood. It's a powerful semi-melee/ranged attack. It's worked well but I'm into Greater Rifts now and while I can complete them I don't get thru fast enough for the big rewards. So I would like someone to suggest if and how I can improve the build to address this (and why this will work better -- that isn't a challenge, I just need to expand my education.
    • By Tsukoyomi
      I am going the corpselance support build for Necromancer and the build has me taking Corpselance with Brittle and the pestilence set on top of that, if I were to take off the ability Corpselance and change it to another ability say for example Bone Spikes with Frost spikes, would the damage decrease an amount that it would not be worth it?
    • By Ehiztari
      Enter Eclipse Apply or maintain your Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare (if talented) Keep Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (if talented) on cooldown Cast Convoke the Spirits when you have less than 50 Astral Power. Try to pair with your other cooldowns but do not lose a use. Spend your Astral Power on Starsurge or Starfall on multi-target. Do not lose uses of Warrior of Elune, Force of Nature, or Fury of Elune (if talented). Cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler. Item 3 says to cast Celestial Alignment as a higher priority than (presumably that means before you cast) Convoke the Spirits.
      The subsection on Convoke the Spirits Optimization says "Generally, you will play around your Convoke and not your Celestial Alignment, as you almost never want to cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up as well."
      I'm not quite understanding how I'm supposed to prioritize Celestial Alignment in my rotation but not generally cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up.
      Unless Convoke is a special sort of channel, if you actually managed to cast Celestial Alignment during Convoke, wouldn't it interrupt the channeling of Convoke?
      If I am supposed to cast Convoke and then cast Celestial Alignment as it's channeling, shouldn't the rotation guide have those reversed?
      I'm sorry to be a noodge about accuracy here, but either I'm badly misunderstanding what looks like fairly simple instructions or the two elements of the instructions are inconsistent with one another.
    • By wowguy233
      Hey everybody! So the other day, I decided to make a 5-minute guide on how to play the Warrior class in WoW. It's not super in-depth, but I just wanted some good feedback from the Warrior community on this. Lemme know what you guys think! I also hope that this is able to help somebody out there.   ?

• By Neptune
      Alright my first build... Here we go!
      Now Necromancers aren't my 'main' classes but i play with them and im pretty good with them. And i come up with a build that is a bit boring, but ultra powerful, so lets begin!
      1. Primary Attack, Primary attack should be bone spikes with the rune: Path of bones or Blood spikes. Why? Blood spikes are for people that lose health really quickly, and the blood spikes allow you to heal over the bleeding enemies you hit. Path of bones on the other hand is for people who have a lot of enemies in your way. Or you can have no rune, which i mildly recommend for people who are already strong just want to be a bit stronger :))
      2. Secondary Attack. Should be Bone spear with the rune: Teeth or Blighted Marrow. Teeth is the one that i recommend for most people to use, why? Teeth fires more bone spears trough enemies, of course it deals not much damage but it damages more enemies. Plus, you can get an achievement for killing 40 enemies with bone spear within 3 seconds. Bligthed Marrow is for people that like to stay behind their minions and just fire their bone spear trough enemies. I call this build the lazy one. 
      3. Corpses. Should be using Corpse Lance with the rune: Ricochet. Why? Ricochet allows you to have an chance to hit one more bonus enemy when you attack the first one. Which is pretty good.
      4. Reanimation. Should be Command Skeletons with the rune: Kill Command,Frenzy and Dark Mending. Kill command is for people who are confident without their minions and want ther minions do yeet themself to enemies and kill them in one shot. Frenzy is the one that i recommend the most, this will allow you to command your skeletons to gain attack speed (which means more damage to the enemy) and it's just really that powerful. And Dark Mending is the last one. Dark mending is for people who lose health pretty quickly and want their minions to heal them.
      5. Curses. Either Frailty or Leech. Frailty is for people who want their minions to deal much bigger damage with the rune: Scent of Blood. Why? Scent of blood will allow your minions to attack 15% increased damage, which is really helpful if you want your minions to do the job and not you. Leech is for people that lose a lot or a bit of health. With the rune Sanguine End. Cause it will allow you to heal 200% for the enemies that die.
      6. Blood and Bone. This should be RIGHT OF THE BACK bone spirit with the rune: Poltergeist. Why? Bone spirit is powerful as heck and you should use it immediately when you get it. The rune Poltergeist will allow you to have 4 bone spirit, which means EVEN MORE DAMAGE THEN BEFORE HAHA.
      7. Passive skills. I recommend: Overwhelming Essence for people that want more Essence and use a lot of Essence now and then. Spreading Malediction is for people that want their curses to deal a lot more damage, well not much but 1% increased damage is at least okay. Serration is also a really good passive skill, Serration is for people that like to stay behind while their minions do their business and you like to stay behind and just shoot bone spikes at them. And finally Aberrant Animator. For people that like to increase the thorns damage for their minions
      And that's it! Took me a lot of time, and some repilies and thanks would be appreciated. And yeah, hope you are good with your necromancer now!
      OH sorry if the text is black! I didn't realize that it would be hard to read on my post, cause when i m editing it looks white so... sorry :((