DonLionheart

Enhancement Assistance Please

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0

I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced

I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.

-Don

P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.

Edited by DonLionheart

With the legendary items you have - bracers and ring - you could try a Hot Hand / Hailstorm build. Hailstorm was buffed in a hotfix after 7.1.5 and is OK to use again. Personally, I think Boulderfist Hailstorm is still pretty bad-ass, but I do Mythic+ a lot more than I do raiding.

10 hours ago, Tarazet said:

With the legendary items you have - bracers and ring - you could try a Hot Hand / Hailstorm build. Hailstorm was buffed in a hotfix after 7.1.5 and is OK to use again. Personally, I think Boulderfist Hailstorm is still pretty bad-ass, but I do Mythic+ a lot more than I do raiding.

I got a similar tip on the MMO Champion forums, but someone later rebuked it.  I'll run some dummy tests at least, but we'll see.  I could still use advice, if anyone has any.

Hey there, I've had a similar problem during my raiding and after having read your post i decided to run some sims to see if using frostbrand was actually worth when using the bracers. Note : I do not have any other legendaries so these results may vary for you. For the talents i only simmed the difference between Hailstorm and Ancestral Swiftness. My talent setup thus was either 2312122 (AS) or 2313122 (HS). 
I've used a patchwerk style simulation of 300seconds long with 10000 itterations and got the following:
AS: 479405 dps
HS: 495867 dps

When using a haste trinket (Swarming plaguehive) the HS build simmed for 498548 dps. This was done to see if the extra haste from a trinket could outweigh the loss of AS (it did but it only gave a minor boost to dps).

So in conclusion: hailstorm is definitly worth it for me and will most likely be worth it for you aswell.
Hope this helps out

Armory for gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ridok/simple
( as said before I switched a trinket, I switched spontaneous appendages for Swarming plaguehive)

Edited by SvenRidok
spelling mistake

10 hours ago, SvenRidok said:

Hey there, I've had a similar problem during my raiding and after having read your post i decided to run some sims to see if using frostbrand was actually worth when using the bracers. Note : I do not have any other legendaries so these results may vary for you. For the talents i only simmed the difference between Hailstorm and Ancestral Swiftness. My talent setup thus was either 2312122 (AS) or 2313122 (HS). 
I've used a patchwerk style simulation of 300seconds long with 10000 itterations and got the following:
AS: 479405 dps
HS: 495867 dps

When using a haste trinket (Swarming plaguehive) the HS build simmed for 498548 dps. This was done to see if the extra haste from a trinket could outweigh the loss of AS (it did but it only gave a minor boost to dps).

So in conclusion: hailstorm is definitly worth it for me and will most likely be worth it for you aswell.
Hope this helps out

Armory for gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ridok/simple
( as said before I switched a trinket, I switched spontaneous appendages for Swarming plaguehive)

Yes if you have both the bracers and ring (lucky guy ^^) I'd definitely swap to hailstorm when you get the 4s. Running the 4s build with boulderfist + crashing storms is significantly  less resource heavy allowing you to be punished less for spending the global casting frostbrand.