FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
HardlyWorkingIT

Hotfix to 2pc and Dire Frenzy

What do you guys think, is the 10% damage to our main pet while having the 2 piece make Dire Frenzy more viable then Stomp? I know it may take a bit for the BM page to be updated to reflect this change but wanted to get a conversation started about it now.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to wait for the next sim build. I have the 2-piece and here is what my sims came up with:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Postinator/simple

100k parses used, patchwerk, single target encounter:

Avg DPS with Stomp = 486,387

Avg DPS with Frenzy = 475,263

Pretty sure the current build would not reflect this recent change, so these numbers would be inaccurate. Hopefully we will get a new build soon, but I will be testing on dummies tonight to see if I can get a noticeable difference. Since so many fights have adds for cleave though, I am probably sticking with stomp, unless it is a sizeable difference.

It'll be back to the same principle, stomp for AoE and frenzy for ST. Looking like the shoulders are far more powerful now too. 

Without sims, my logs showed that the contribution of Dire Beast (melee + stomp) raised from around 13% to around 16% when equipping the 2-piece bonus (no 4-piece) for single target. My main pet does a bit over 40% of my total dps, so I would expect a 10% increase to main pet damage to be at least 4% increase to total dps. Probably a bit higher, since removing Dire Beast from the damage table will increase the proportion of damage coming from the main pet.

I don't mean to claim those are accurate numbers, but based on real data both 2-piece effects should be somewhat comparable. I'd expect Dire Frenzy to be slightly above stomp for single target.

Working the dummy myself, I noticed a significant drop when using dire frenzy over stomp, and that was single target. I do not feel as though Dire Frenzy is worth it, even single target after hot fix. That is just what I got with my set-up though.

Just a fun fact as well, I did sims with hands that were 8% better than my 2-piece hands, removing the 2-piece bonus, and lost 12k DPS. So it looks like it could mean taking a pretty significant drop in ilvl / stats would still yield better results with the 2-piece bonus.

Edited by Postman024

The 10% damage increase for 15 seconds applies when you use Bestial Wrath, not when you use Dire Frenzy, so the uptime of this buff is the same as Bestial Wrath, not a straight 10% increase.

Edited by Khallid

Also worth noting that the 10% isn't a stacking buff. Stomp is still better as you get more out of it the more procs you get.