FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Feenzy

Frost DK gems and enchants

I just have a question about what I should be gemming/enchanting as a frost dk. I recently came back to the game after a 3 month break and I've been using Askmrrobot to check out which gear is the best in my inventory. After following what it said I dropped my haste down from 18% to 11% and my crit went up from 26% to 31%. This seems kind of wrong to me, but perhaps I'm missing something. The other thing I noticed is that even though my haste is super low, it still wants me to throw crit gems and enchants on all my gear instead of haste or even versatility which is what icyveins is saying to gem/enchant. 

I should clarify that I am playing primarily the Obliteration build, although I wouldn't mind switching to BoS if it is better. Also, my has cheaper green gems and enchants because I don't really do any serious raiding, at least not yet. I'd just like some clarification on these stat weights. 

Here's a link to my character https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/us/kil'jaeden/reskara

BoS is much better, thhough 11% haste is honestly at the point where it is hurting your dps more than helping, I can't personally suggest Ask Mr. Robot as i've found flaws in the past with it, even at one point back when reforging was a thing that I reforged more optimally than ask Mr. Robot suggested and it told me if i were to reforge the way it was suggesting i would lose dps. Leading me to believe it's just not perfect, and that you shoudl both run your own sims, and experiment.

• Like 1

AMR is grand for alot of people. 

It will give you a good estimate of what will work and it will be right most of the time. 

If you want more accurate results though spend some time with Simcraft and on the practice dummy. That will give you much better results in the long run.

Think of it this way, AMR is superb for alts your not that pushed about but for your main or an alt you want to be super good on, spend the time and sim it.

Thanks for the input. I may try out BoS and at least play around with it. My dps isn't bad by any means, just trying to maximize on what I have. I don't have a whole lot of time now a'days so I was really looking for a quick fix for my gear which I thought AMR could provide. I used it previously with reforging etc, but it does always have its issues. Even with 11% haste with my gear I don't feel a drastic drop in gameplay or dps. Perhaps a bit harder to keep Icy Talons up, but that's all. 

Even when I was at 15% haste, my stat weights were still Crit>Versa>Haste=Mastery. BoS build with the lego Helm really really likes crit. Even at 28% crit it still slightly edges out Versa but the gap is closing.