FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Casira

DPS Help Please

Hi Folks! I'm hoping for some feedback with what I'm doing wrong with my rotation. I'm at my wits end. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get the hang of the rotation and I'm severely underperforming for my ilvl. Previous to this expansion, I've always considered my performance to be average to above average. I know that in my current state I'm dragging my team down and I've been considering stepping down from the raid team so they don't have to carry my sorry rear. In looking at my logs and comparing them to others, I see several deficiencies regarding activity (number of casts, etc.) but I'm not altogether sure how to fix that.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NBjYnQdR7za28tJT

hhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Casira/simple

P.S. I'm not super sensitive, so be as blunt as you need to be. I'm looking to improve, not to be best friends!  :D

*edited to remove double pasting of my armory profile.

Edited by Casira

Your gear isn't optimised well at all, you have far too much crit and WAY too much versatility and not nearly enough mastery or haste. 

You're logged out as MM so I can't see your relics, but I'm assuming you don't have 3 jaws/pack relics.

Your burst rotation is off, you're barely bursting 800k, at your ilvl it should be 1200k+. I'm 894 and burst 1700k+

You only have 2pc, 4pc is a huge upgrade so just be patient.

Not sure on your trinks? Nightblooming frond is pretty bad for BM.

Are you following the rotation on the BM guide? You don't seem to ever really peak very high on your dps.

I'm assuming you're new to BM, and it will feel very much like a melee rotation so it can be a bit of a change

Message me and I'll add you on btag and sit with you in order hall and help you work it out if you want.

5 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Your gear isn't optimised well at all, you have far too much crit and WAY too much versatility and not nearly enough mastery or haste. 

Yes and No. We are BM hunter's, AGI is out best stat...if the RNG loot gods give you higher ilevel gear that doesn't have mastery or haste it will be an upgrade because of the agi.  Our stat weights are very close to each other and we have no breakpoints. I took a 900 ilevel belt last night that was 15 ilevel higher then my mastery/haste belt...it was an upgrade....not ideal but it is an upgrade. 

download pawn...use the weights and take the upgrades. 

Yes agi is important but so is having the right stat balance. In any upgrade I've ever taken based purely on agi that doesn't have the right stats, it's barely made a difference, even at 15-20 ilvls. How much of an upgrade was the belt? Because I've had plenty of items that pawn said were an upgrade that barely made any difference unless it was the right stats or over 10% upgrade. 

Realistically as BM nothing matters unless you have shoulders and 4pc anyway, without shoulders BM isn't very competitive this tier.