FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alrightz

Suppose do 621k DPS

Hey can you help me out and tell me what am I doing wrong with my DPS because I'm doing avg 500-515k DPS on ST fights where I'm suppose to do 615k+ DPS. Here my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Alrightz/simple

Here my recent warcraft logs fight from today https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZpL2x8qCVkTJn6Y3#fight=9 

I don't know why my parse % is low...

Let me know what I am doing wrong, thanks

22 minutes ago, Alrightz said:

Hey can you help me out and tell me what am I doing wrong with my DPS because I'm doing avg 500-515k DPS on ST fights where I'm suppose to do 615k+ DPS. Here my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Alrightz/simple

Here my recent warcraft logs fight from today https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZpL2x8qCVkTJn6Y3#fight=9 

I don't know why my parse % is low...

Let me know what I am doing wrong, thanks

Your parse isn't low, you're above 50th percentile for your item level. That means you did more damage than half the Outlaw Rogues who are at the same ilevel as you are.

Other people might have better legendaries, better trinkets, have better relics, or have their 4-set completed, whatever. Hell, with Outlaw maybe they even rolled 6 buffs twice in the same fight, who knows? Maybe they did all of the above.

Parsing isn't a "score", it's a comparison. It really bothers me when people use that shit like a school grade, that isn't what damage parses or percentiles show. Maybe you did 98% of the damage you could possibly have done on a certain fight. That would be pretty great, right? If every single other Rogue had identical gear and did 99% of their possible damage, you'd parse in the lowest percentile, despite performing well. You shouldn't really care about parses, you should focus on doing your job in the raid.

That said, your performance looks alright. Your second potion could have been used better, if it was used at a point where it could cover a second AR. Your RtB use looks good, you rerolled when you should have and got decently lucky with a number of 2-rolls. Chances are decent that your Sim DPS might have better luck, who knows. Your BtE legendary doesn't seem to be active terribly often, and on that note Swordmaster outperforms Ghostly Strike (which is always better than Quick Draw) when you have the bracers, so I would swap talents to that.

Overall, your logs look pretty good on that Krosus fight. For some of the others, it looks like you're getting mixed up by mechanics; make sure your UI is clear so you can see necessary things, and just stay focused

• Like 1

Oh okay so I am doing just fine then? Tonight it was pretty bad luck for me been getting alot awful RtB rolls, typical RNG. 

Yeah I do agreed it just kinda bugging me about that parsing it feels more like of competitive against each other in raid. Your right I could use old war and I'm gonna start using that now see if that really helps boost my DPS. You also said I should go for swordmaster instead quick draw even tho I have legendary bracer? 

Which fights I was getting mixed up by mechanic like standing in something where I shouldn't?

Thanks,

Alrightz

8 hours ago, Alrightz said:

Oh okay so I am doing just fine then? Tonight it was pretty bad luck for me been getting alot awful RtB rolls, typical RNG. 

Yeah I do agreed it just kinda bugging me about that parsing it feels more like of competitive against each other in raid. Your right I could use old war and I'm gonna start using that now see if that really helps boost my DPS. You also said I should go for swordmaster instead quick draw even tho I have legendary bracer? 

Which fights I was getting mixed up by mechanic like standing in something where I shouldn't?

Thanks,

Alrightz

I'm in agreement re: sims.  They're nice, and a fair GENERAL guideline of what your output could be but they also use absolute math (proc rates, %chance for multiple RTB buffs, time on target etc) that are almost never going to translate perfectly to an actual boss fight.

• Like 1