Stormravyn

OMG stat weight confuzzlement abounds! (Resto)

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, need a hand here please. I have healed off and on for years with one or the other of several Resto Druids I have. I also frequently (prior to Legion) heal with a Disc Priest (until Legion, now she is parked), a Mistweaver Monk (not 110 yet) and a couple of Resto Shamans (also not 110 yet).

I am a really good but not exceptional healer, though I am the strongest healer in the guild atm on most fights, not all. I am disabled, so I can't spend as much time online as I would like, so any help would be much appreciated.

My question is this: I use askmrrobot.com, icy veins and in game I also use Pawn. ALL of them disagree on stat weights and it is confusing me to tears! I was stacking mastery, now ask mr robot says crit > mastery on raid healing: auto. Mastery > Crit on raid healing: max heal. Crit > Mastery on Raid healing: Spread healing. And of course it all changes again for Mythic+. As my time online is VERY limited, I have very little gold and cannot afford to even buy a lot of the high end enchants and gems, etc, let alone change everything around repeatedly. Pawn shows one thing to be an upgrade, but even with the new 7.1.5 patch, askmrrobot will make me leave an 865 trinket with a great bonus on it in my bags in favor of an 835 trinket just because it has a socket and matches THEIR stat weights. Then I come here, which I used to use exclusively and they say, and I quote,

1.1. Raid Healing

1. Intellect;
  2. Haste;
  3. Critical Strike;
  4. Mastery;
  5. Versatility.

1.2. Tank / Mythic+ Healing

1. Intellect;
  2. Haste;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Critical Strike;
  5. Versatility.

So my question is this, and I will follow with my current armory and healing style. WHAT stat weights do I go for and since I really truly SUCK at math and have NO clue how to change stat weights in Pawn or askmrrobot either one, can someone walk me through how to and what they should read to reflect the proper weights, so I can trust them and they agree please? I am 50 years old and this sim stuff is tough for me; I'm sorry. It's confusing for a beginner to sims and stat weights and I don't understand it or how to get the numbers I want it to reflect or what they should even be. Or how to make conversions... I am lost. My guild is small and we are STILL struggling with Heroic EN; can't get past Ursoc atm; he's a real bear... pun intended.  and Nighthold is a mess. Skorpyron is still kicking our butts there, and Helya in ToV... all on normal except for EN. I want to raid, I want to progress, and I want to improve my healing. It likely won't happen in this guild, not because we are bad, but because we do not have dedicated raiders every week. We end up pulling in far too many pugs, have a ridiculously long wipe recovery (stupid long, like 15 friggin' minutes each wipe) and it is just too casual to progress far, but some of us would like to and I want to do my part as well as be able to perhaps join some premade's and be a viable pick. Unless I do, my gear will not get better, as I have run EN normal a hundred times it seems, and there are no upgrades there.

I do not typically heal Mythic+'s anymore, because it seems MOST of the pugs I get into are horribad and I can't heal when interrupts don't happen, focusing down the right mobs first does not happen, positioning does not happen and no one seems to know the strats. Sometimes it is just a BAD tank. I do not have confidence in my heals because of some awful runs, and so I just don't go. We have an awesome Pally tank I trust to tank them, but he is seldom on and the guild really doesn't run much of anything together. So I have no set group to run with that I trust.

Atm my healing style is to always keep up two rejuvs on both tanks as well as lifebloom on the one currently taking threat and most damage, as well as Efflorescence of course, all while blanketing the raid with HoTs, Wild Growth and Flourish/artifact weapon talent. I also, of course, hit a tank taking or preparing to take, a lot of damage with Cenarion Ward and Ironbark. I really hate raid healing and much prefer tank healing, but I heal what needs to be healed while focusing as much as I can on tanks. I can't tell you our raid make-up as we have no set group; too much pugging. I will say that we usually always have two Resto Druids, and a Disc Priest, and sometimes we have our Shaman switch to heals or our Holy Paladin will make a rare appearance, or our Paladin tank will switch to heals. That is our base makeup, subject to no shows and pugs of course. 

Here is my armory; please be gentle lol.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Scamper/simple

I realize I have a lot of gems and enchants I need, and will start working on that as gold allows, and when I know WHAT to get! I will mention that I talked to a Resto Druid friend of mine from another server, Tsoula, who heals mythic raids and he said to pretty much balance haste crit and mastery as much as possible without worrying too much until I can get the cloak of shame from Kara, and the two set bonus, all of which require high crit, and then switch to stacking crit. Is he right?

I apologize for the length of this post and welsome all feedback, but please be kind. I run into enough unkind people in game. Thanks <3

Hi,

I think you're overthinking things. Here's an easy mode I use and I think nothing can go wrong with that:

1/ intel is key, especially since patch 7.1.5. Whenever there's intel on an item, favor the ilevel

2/ haste is also important, prioritize this stat, use haste gems

3/ ignore pretty much mastery and crit, take whatever drops that fits 1/ and 2/ If you really have to identical items crit vs mastery, I'd choose mastery, but nothing will go wrong if you pick the crit version (that would be better for 25 man raids). Balancing stat is a viable option.

4/ keep in mind that one bad choosen item does not impact your heals in a significant way, don't stress too much.

On a slight different subject, you should stop thinking your problems are everyone's fault. there's no reason that you specifically meet more bad players than anyone else. If you think that way, it prevents you from actually improving because it is sometimes your fault, everyone makes mistake.

Instead try to find solutions, post your raid logs on warcraftlogs, analyse your heals, compare with other better players, ask log analysis here, pandacho will surely help :D

And keep in mind that because of the timer component of Mythics++, rushing is almost the only viable option, so don't expect people playing like in vanilla with sap, sheeps, and other controls. Manage your CD properly, trash hit harder than boss in mythic use your CDs for these packs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! ABOUT US
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. 
      We're always on Discord and we joke around a lot, some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. 
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required!)
      Fun Guild events happen monthly!

Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com
    • By Gigs
      Blooded is an established  social Mythic guild, with a friendly and dedicated team.
      Blooded has been raiding as a team since the early history of the guild, we focus on progression but make sure we also have room for good fun and friendly bantering. Though the team over the years has seen some changes, it has a good and solid core of players that provides a solid foundation to build on. 
      Everyone in the guild is equally respected, regardless of rank. No one is more important and we don't like drama. Bad attitude in /g or /ra is not tolerated. 
      Bad jokes is however a completely different matter.
      Our current progression is 4/9 ToS Mythic, before that we did 7/7 M EN, 2/3 M ToV, and 7/10 M NH.
      We are now looking for like minded players, willing to progress at a good pace with our team.
      Requirements for ToS:
      You need to have some ToS experience, but no need for Mythic experience.  Your gear needs to match your experience (min ilvl 925) Your gear has all the best gems/enchants. You're available for 75% of all raids. You feel ready and have the patience to deal with progression. You keep on top of news about your class/spec, and upcoming fights. Spots are open for:
      1 solid melee DPS (Rogue/warrior/DH/Ret) 1 Solid Ranged DPS (Warlock/Frost mage/SP) Other classes/specs are still considered if the requirements are fulfilled. (No Tanks/Healers)
      Raid times are:
      Thursday: 20:00 - 23:00 Sunday: 20:00 - 23:00 Tuesday: 20:00 - 23:00 Alt run on Wednesdays. We currently don't do Heroic on the official raid days. Trial information:
      We run a trial for 6 raids We use personal loot, unwanted/unneeded loot is gathered and distributed using RClootcouncil. Invites start at 19:45 Bring plenty food, pots, flasks, runes and be repaired. We use Teamspeak during raids.   If you're looking for a friendly guild with good raid focus, this may be the place for you. As long as you also have time for memes.
      If you're interested add me for a chat.
      Gigs#2131

Have a Bloody great WoW day !! 

• By Ahdra2154
      We're a guild looking for people who want to have a great time, hang out with each other, laugh and have fun while killing stuff in raids! 

Guild Name: RaidCat
      Faction: Alliance
      Realm (EU): Silvermoon
      Realm Type: PVE
      Realm Timezone: CEST
      Progression: 9/9HC ToS
      Raid Times: 19:30st - 22:00st
      Raid Schedule: Friday and Monday (additional raids on Wednesday for alts, mythic etc)
      Openings: Range DPS (help us knock those melee off the top of the meters!)

We raid twice a week in the evenings with optional extra runs appearing as requested. 
      As our raid roster increases Wednesday evening will likely become a mythic progression night. However mythic is not our end goal or focus, but rather something we try to make extra time for. Social member also welcome!

Looking for: Range DPS (warlock, mage, hunter, shadow priest,) Other applications considered.

We do everything from Transmog runs, PVP, Mythic+ and whatever else you can think of, with our main focus on raiding.

We are aiming for a relaxed yet skilled raiding environment where people can fill in for each other, not having to worry about always attending since people can fill in for you, focusing on having fun and improving ourselves with each kill.

We do care about people following tactics and knowing what they're doing (so do your homework or ask for help!) so we may actually get some stuff done as well, that's why we're looking mainly for experienced raiders that want a more flexible environment (if you are new to raiding you are still welcome)

We use Discord and you are welcome to join and hang out before deciding to move over.

Officers: Maxilloss & Ahdra#2154
    • By kidglock34
      As the title says, I've finally rolled a Tank and opted for a class I've always wanted to play; the Druid. Coming from a Shaman and Paladin that has done a lot of both Resto and DPS I felt it is time to try the other side!
      I have never tanked before...I was going to queue up for my first ever dungeon run but chickened out. I don't want to make a mess of it first time out before talking to some of you that have been here before. I'm still VERY low level...hit 18 last night while questing. Basic gear but have money from other toons if needed for gear.
      My questions are...when did some of you start your first tanking experience? Is gear at that low level of any importance or is everything pretty forgiving your first few times out so you can get an idea of rotation and how things work? Anybody have a few wipes on their first time out? Any advice for my first time out?
      Appreciate the hell out of the help! Thanks in advance and hopefully tonight I can partition off some time to get my first dungeon run in! I'm back after playing through until Cataclysm so it has been fun seeing all the new things added...a 6 year hiatus is quite a long time!
    • By tanksta1
      [H] Salvation (est.2007) is a progression raiding guild on US-Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune.
      Objective
      Salvation is actively searching and recruiting players for current heroic content. What we look to do in the short-term is recruit players and gear them in our farm content. Mythic + will be run as well since it serves as another outlet to gearing up. By doing this we prepare them for our long-term goal, Mythic Mode Progression.
      Recruiting for Tomb of Sargeras
      Tanks- Blood DK x1 Melee- Rogue x1, Havoc Demon Hunter x1 Ranged- Mages x1, Hunter x2, Warlock x1, Balance Druid x1 Healers- Resto/Ele Shaman x1, Holy Paladin x1

***Exceptional applicants can feel free to sign up even if we aren't recruiting your class/spec. Outstanding applications will always be considered.
      We are also accepting players that engage in social aspects of the WoW community such as leveling, PvP, questing, dungeon finding, roleplaying and other challenging activites. We provide monthly guild events. For example, the Tournament of Tiny Champions. It’s a pet battle tournament where guildies compete with each other using 3-6 of their mightiest level 25 tiny champions. We are expanding this extremely fun side of Salvation so that everyone can join in on some action and prizes!
      Raiding Schedule
      Our schedule is as follows. We push content three times a week for 3 hours at a time starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm PST Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays. 
      Our Raiding Requirements
      You must be able to raid all three nights. Be on time for raid. Lateness will not be tolerated. Be able to play the optimal specialization for Legion raid encounters. (this requirement is more towards the pure dps classes and hybrid classes in some special cases) Come prepared with the knowledge of the Legion raid bosses and mechanics. Have Discord app installed and a working microphone to communicate. Discord browser and phone app is also acceptable. (Note: Some of these requirements will change as time goes on.)
      How to Join
      Please sign up on our guild website at:
      www.salvationcc.guildlaunch.com Want to reach me in game? On Discord? Questions or concerns? Hit me up at:
      Battletag: Zanngetsu#1255 Discord: Tankstâ2329