FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moozedude

Flexible Raids

Okay, so I want opinions from ya'll about Flex Raid.  Do you think it's gonna be just another lockout, or is it gonna be a genuine opportunity for minor-leaguers like myself to get some actual raid experience?

well, you should concider it to be between LFR and normal difficulty. any brainless idiot can nuke in LFR. normal is however quite a different story. this is in between.

Its a nice step imo, when idiots in LFR do flex raids, it will be enough to make them realise they should learn a fight in order to win.

I only tested the first quarter of the instance in the PTR, and it was kinda buggy and annoying here and there. but they have fixed that and will probably make it worthwile.

thats my opinion on Flex right now.

Cheers

any brainless idiot can nuke in LFR. normal is however quite a different story. this is in between.

Its a nice step imo, when idiots in LFR do flex raids, it will be enough to make them realise they should learn a fight in order to win.

thats my opinion on Flex right now.

Cheers

I completely agree with this.  So far only do LFR but I do take the time to read and watch the videos on the fights.  where you can tell that most dont.  They just jump in and dps everything with no care on how the fight should go and no regard for healers.

I think it will be great for those times when a guild wants to get a group going and they have more than 10 but not 25 ready to go.  Also people will be able to drop from raid if they need to and if someone logs on and wants to join they will be able to.  But I dont think it will be anything like the faceroll that anyone can do in LFR.  Definitely looking forward to this option.

Does it update mid instance or if you lose a player, do you need to reset instance to get the boss to the correct amount of health/difficulty?

Something I have been curious on.

Overall I love the idea of flex (will continue with normal modes obviously) but it gives a chance for all to raid in a guild, as a guild, with any number between 10 and 25. This is really good for those struggling to get a good 10man team.

from what I understand it should reset and balance mid instance.  I have not tried yet on ptr tho so dont quote me on that. 

here is what I found on the WoW site a min ago

New Raid Mode: Flexible

Flexible raiding is a new raid option allowing you to be part of a massive, tactically challenging raid without having to worry about your party size. When you choose to do a flexible raid in a group sized anywhere from 10-25 people, the difficulty of your raid will automatically adjust to allow you an appropriately challenging experience regardless of how many people are in your group. In terms of overall difficulty, flexible raids are between raid finder and normal difficulty, and have no item level or role requirements.

Edited by jannan