FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Durthh

Frost BoS need help with low rankings

I just recently switched to BoS and gave it a try at our last raid. The longest I could get a breath was about 40 seconds. Most of my rankings according to warcraft logs were 40 percentile or lower. I did just receive my 2pc and will try that next raid. Appreciate any help to improve.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Durthh/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/taPgqXQBrnzA72NW#fight=1&type=damage-done

Looking at krosus you clipped one of your potions ebcause boss died, i would suggest just using it earlier. You had some rime procs that expired, which is a huge dps loss very huge. I would advise using freezing fog with the 2p/4p. You only got 2 trinket procs maybe unfortunate maybe just not a great trinket I haven't tested it my self. First breathe looked good, once you obtain 4p it'll be much different trust me, maybe not the difference betwen 40 and 100percentiles but i mean difference. You only had 1 RW extend with 10 stack of GS, which you should be able to manage 2 or more just inside of HRW. Out side of this you don't have 54 yet, and don't have the best of relics, or legendaries.

So once you get 4p, better second pot, 54, and better relics, maybe a legendary? your dps it's self will increase by a good amount just off of those alone, which are things you can't specifically control. Outside of that your rotation is pretty alright some minor fixes that should be made but work on getting better breathes without ring/belt and once you get the ring and belt you'll be that much better.

Thank you for your help. Regarding relics, should I aim for the frost ones off of Spellblade and the shadow one off of Guldan? Also I am not sure how good mr. robot is anymore. Is there a good sim website?

Simulationcraft if you wanna download the program it's the best way. Um secondly the best relics are blast radius, and ambidextrous. I'm not sure which ones off the top of my head which are which.

Certainly with the strength of HB with Tier bonuses you want Blast Radius = Guldan shadow relic (only other raiding source is EN - eye boss for the frost relics).

This limited option is frustrating but once you get them you'll notice the difference... especially in AoE .. the relics value just rockets as the targets go up in number.

53 minutes ago, Browed said:

Also, bear in mind you can get these from WQ rewards and weekly/emissary chests, so don't slack on those if you need relics.

Little bit more RNGesus fueled by high mythic + can yield good rewards too. You get two shots as well, the actual dungeon, and then your order hall chest the next server reset

I was able to get the shadow relic off of  Guldan and changed to Freezing Fog. Can tell a big difference in dps. Can usually only get breath to last for about 30 secs now but hope to have 4pc soon.

Hy guys

maybe you can give me some advice too to improve my dps 

playing BoS since patchday and I'm getting better with it every time

i got lucky regarding my legendarys .. got the helm and the ring but very unlucky with t19.. no 2/4 pc bonus :(

usually my first lasts 60 to 72 seconds 

2nd 15 to 20 seconds and the 3rd up to 40 seconds

stats at 891ilvl are as I remember 20 %crit 20.xx% haste

and 38% mastery .. I know it's way up to high

but i followed jacedk guide for Bos and he said that ilvl is king

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/vexion/advanced

logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KratN9FcmXJnvfCM#view=analytical&type=summary

logs are from last week nhc 

i hope u can help me a bit :)

Looking at the logs just makes me think... why is the HB % not higher?

I would say you definitely need to use your Rime procs better... try to fixate a bit less on making your BoS as long as possible (although that is good) because not using Rime promptly hurts more in my opinion. Even more so because of your helm.

If anything it may help if you use Rime fast when you have high RP... the rune recharge time will be that much better.

The stats are fine, don't worry about mastery being high, you're close to softcaps on crit/haste so I wouldn't try to rebalance until there is a clear reason to do so.. if anything a small slice of mastery into haste if I had to recommend anything.

Try some dummy spanking while taking all your Rime procs within 2/3 GCDs or faster, you should notice a difference.

I compared my last Trilliax run to yours and your HB damage was 11% to my 22% (all Rime) we both have helm and I have ilvl 885 to your 892 so fairly close.

It may be that you don't want to Rime while using BoS and lining up CDs... I can only imagine what a fully buffed Rime crit would get when you have PoF and Horn up with Fallen Crusader buff it should be higher than 1.4mil (I get 1.8 mil) but that may also be bracers (+15%) to a degree.

Edited by Browed

Hy 

first of all thank you for taking a look ;)

Usually I use my rime procs when I'm not close to lose BoS cause of no rp, especially when I have RW up 

when I have lust during my first breath I usually go into obliterate spam mode to stack up RW stacks and go with full stacks into the second one ... i rarely use rime then 

yesterday we started nh hc and i tried to weave in all my rime procs during breath and outside of it

i didn't notice any big difference cause my rime proccs not so often without 2pc and breath is falling off too early .. about 30 seconds or something ... maybe I need to practice it a little bit more 

but I got lucky yesterday and got the legs from krosus so finally 2pc :)

I hope I'm getting 4pc soon so i can get rid of HoW and skill freezing fog

these are the logs from yesterday 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9FnaDt2ZAhgcm3vJ

not the best run ;)

This is the top parse from mythic Krosus:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h8vfNagz96MTyL3D#fight=31&type=auras&source=25&ability=59052

Note the longest unused Rime proc is just 5 seconds... that is only 3 gcds. The rest are pretty much instant use.. when he has RIme he uses it ;)

Compare the order of ability damage too. Howling Blast should be top, no matter what, if you have 2 x T19 so hopefully your new bonus will push you in the right direction.. grats btw ;)