FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lordjakan

Helping a fellow nerd and his family.

Bit off topic here, but thats the name of the section!

Im trying to drum up support for my friend Simon, a huge blizzard fan like myself, who has recently found out his cancer is now terminal. Me and my colleagues at work are trying to raise funds to send him and his family to Disneyland Florida while he's still able to travel for some good memories.

We work in the Royal Navy as aircraft engineers, but I'm trying to reach out to the gaming communities that he was a part of. Simon spent many years playing WOW, dabbled in diablo and overwatch, and until recently spent lots of time in Heroes.

Simon is a really great guy, I know people don't have much money to spare these days, but even if anyone can share the link to his just giving page it may help reach people who are able to support (especially if you're outside the UK), in just 3 days we've reached over 3000£ showing how loved he is. We're also running local events to try fund the trip at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset, England.

Much love from England, S Counihan

Just giving page link (and further story):
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jon-over?utm_id=106&utm_term=mzGVM9yQa

Not really in a position myself to help out, but wishing you all the best with the fundraiser. Fingers crossed that you can make this happen! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Cheers Blainie, if even people can share the Justgiving page on their social media that would be a huge help, its a shame to lose a fellow nerd, even if he is a rubbish nova he'll still be missed.

1 hour ago, lordjakan said:

Cheers Blainie, if even people can share the Justgiving page on their social media that would be a huge help, its a shame to lose a fellow nerd, even if he is a rubbish nova he'll still be missed.

I understand - I recently lost one of the few people that I played HoTS with to cancer and, even though she wasn't the best at the game, she's the one I'd like to have back on my team the most!

Shared it on my Twitter

• Like 1

I'm horribly financial strapped with two mini poop bazookas; However, I shared link on my twitter and my personal facebook page. Hopefully it will drum up some support. 

• Like 2

Cheers Demon, and sorry to hear about your friend Blainie. Yeah hes one of my good freinds but cant give much myself because im in debt, but I can give my time so doing my best to spread it out there :) were allmost at 4000£ already so we deffo gonna do it!

17 hours ago, lordjakan said:

were allmost at 4000£ already so we deffo gonna do it!

Amazing how fast it is growing! Keep it up :)